• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Regardless of rights and wrongs of Cummings what do people make of the junior minister resigning? I find it a really curious move as even as a Cumming for the sack believer I would say he is naive to offer up his job and he won’t be remembered in the long run for being a martyr.

Im always curious on human moves

Regardless of rights and wrongs of Cummings what do people make of the junior minister resigning? I find it a really curious move as even as a Cumming for the sack believer I would say he is naive to offer up his job and he won’t be remembered in the long run for being a martyr.

He will come back but for the SNP

To what purpose?, as Rorschach queries

And for an intelligent man, a schoolboy error on the tech front.

The most obvious and topical takeaway is you have someone willing to change his story to suit his ego/image.

But I see more than that. Someone who is just a little wrapped up in his own myth. When he managed the Brexit campaign with such aplomb and skill then delivered a bit of a national clown as PM, you thought, hold on this fella is something. And he does have qualities, is someone who wants to break the rules. Can envision change, and looks for difference and freshness and he can read and capture public opinion. But...he isn't superhuman. He wants you to think he is. He's started to believe his own hype. To the extent that he's put his image and ego above national safety. When you scratch the surface of Cummings you find a very interesting individual, but certainly not a flawless one. Cameron called Cummings a 'career psychopath'.

What was clear to me watching Cummings lecture is that he is someone who wants to excite people, can grab their attention, but at the end of it, it doesn't amount to much. For his brilliance, he doesn't deliver on that excitement he has a skill for generating.

Should Cummings have to go, it could be in Bojos interests. It could be in Cummings interests too. Because he won't have to deliver. He won't have to falsify and backdate, blame others etc. He can get onto the next exciting project where he can throw people up the air...and exit again before he has to catch them.

To what purpose?, as Rorschach queries

And for an intelligent man, a schoolboy error on the tech front.
I'm certain it is not ego or packing his CV for his next interview. I would guess it looks like a preemptive defence for something down the tracks. The real purpose will come out in time I suppose and it hardly takes Nostradamus to predict the cons will defend it and the libs attack it.

The most obvious and topical takeaway is you have someone willing to change his story to suit his ego/image.

But I see more than that. Someone who is just a little wrapped up in his own myth. When he managed the Brexit campaign with such aplomb and skill then delivered a bit of a national clown as PM, you thought, hold on this fella is something. And he does have qualities, is someone who wants to break the rules. Can envision change, and looks for difference and freshness and he can read and capture public opinion. But...he isn't superhuman. He wants you to think he is. He's started to believe his own hype. To the extent that he's put his image and ego above national safety. When you scratch the surface of Cummings you find a very interesting individual, but certainly not a flawless one. Cameron called Cummings a 'career psychopath'.

What was clear to me watching Cummings lecture is that he is someone who wants to excite people, can grab their attention, but at the end of it, it doesn't amount to much. For his brilliance, he doesn't deliver on that excitement he has a skill for generating.

Should Cummings have to go, it could be in Bojos interests. It could be in Cummings interests too. Because he won't have to deliver. He won't have to falsify and backdate, blame others etc. He can get onto the next exciting project where he can throw people up the air...and exit again before he has to catch them.
I'll be disappointed if it is an ego thing.

If he was interested in serving the nation only, he’d have shown some humility and contrition. By setting a precedent a small % of the nation will now feel they can visit parents, check in with sick relatives or loved ones etc.

Whether aware or not he is putting protection of his ego - I was right - over public safety.

He should have stayed on, but after paying a fine explaining the mitigating factors and apologising. Now he looks like one of the elites he previously liked to criticise.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

If he was interested in serving the nation only, he’d have shown some humility and contrition. By setting a precedent a small % of the nation will now feel they can visit parents, check in with sick relatives or loved ones etc.

Whether aware or not he is putting protection of his ego - I was right - over public safety.

He should have stayed on, but after paying a fine explaining the mitigating factors and apologising. Now he looks like one of the elites he previously liked to criticise.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
I get where you are coming from but your assumption is based on the fact that he feels shame, and that somehow motivates his actions. IMO he does not and so by putting yourself in his shoes and you will arrive at a rational explanation which more aligns with how you (and I) would think. Instead of ego driving Cummings I see a desire for the levers of power for his own ends (or someone elses), but without the focus of the spotlight on him.

I do agree though that the path of least resistance for the BoJo/Cummings symbiote was to just apologise and take the (lesser amount of) flak. The way they've handled it just draws more attention, especially on football forums.

I'm absolutely certain it's not.

Cummings isn't some vacuous TV presenter or a kid running a mobile phone shop. He's a serious professional who, like or dislike his work, is very good at his job. You don't do a job like his to massage your ego - you have to take pride in achievement itself when you work behind the scenes.

I get where you are coming from but your assumption is based on the fact that he feels shame, and that somehow motivates his actions. IMO he does not and so by putting yourself in his shoes and you will arrive at a rational explanation which more aligns with how you (and I) would think. Instead of ego driving Cummings I see a desire for the levers of power for his own ends (or someone elses), but without the focus of the spotlight on him.

I do agree though that the path of least resistance for the BoJo/Cummings symbiote was to just apologise and take the (lesser amount of) flak. The way they've handled it just draws more attention, especially on football forums.
You're right about the lack of ego - he's just not that kind of person.

In terms of how they've handled it - I think it would be a very dangerous precedent to start apologising when no wrongdoing has occurred just because a hostile media demands it.

You're right about the lack of ego - he's just not that kind of person.

In terms of how they've handled it - I think it would be a very dangerous precedent to start apologising when no wrongdoing has occurred just because a hostile media demands it.

No wrongdoing? You really are deliberately fudging dense.

No wrongdoing? You really are deliberately fudging dense.
Have you read the guidelines? Have you read the exception for those with children?

Those were published in March and still extant when Cummings travelled with his family. Whether or not he needed to use that exception or used it as a loophole, he stayed within the boundaries of that guidance.

Even assuming that guidance didn't say what it did, even then he would only have broken a very minor rule that carries less of a penalty than driving 35 in a 30 and about the same as parking on double yellows.

Storm in an echochamber

As a Scottish tory he will be viewing it through that prism.
The biggest threat to Scotland isn't the tories, or covid but independence, and the Cummins situation is pure gold for the SNP.
By taking this stance it takes a bit of the heat out their fight, bit much but a little.
The cynic in me also says that he's angling for a holyrood seat instead of a Westminster one because the pay is better.

Back