• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Confederations Cup 2013

Forlan is about to retire - Suarez isn't - there is no way Forlan is going to keep the record really is there.

Agreed. It'll probably be better than the World Cup next year. I tend to find that tournaments like the WC and the Euros have too many teams line up defensively because they want to win the tournament as opposed to just going out to attack and get goals to win the game. I haven't enjoyed an international tournament since France 98. This has been the best since.

It's been worth it for italy/japan which was one of the greatest football matches ive ever seen.

Driven by cash. Who cares who wins. Would it make an impact if England won it? Without using google, how many people can name past winners? Tahiti? Yeah in a competion of eight teams and getting smashed in every game, what does that say about the credibilty of this?

Driven by cash. Who cares who wins. Would it make an impact if England won it? Without using google, how many people can name past winners? Taihiti? Yeah in a competion of eight teams and getting smashed in every game, what does that say about the credibilty of this?

That some Continental Federations (Europe, South America) are stronger than others (Oceania, Asia).

But you knew that already from every FIFA World Cup Finals Tournament ever played since 1930.

That some Continental Federations (Europe, South America) are stronger than others (Oceania, Asia).

But you knew that already from every FIFA World Cup Finals Tournament ever played since 1930.

The days of 'weaker' teams getting smashed in the WC are long gone. Remember New Zealand in the last tournament. This is the FIFA version of the InterToto Cup.

Driven by cash. Who cares who wins. Would it make an impact if England won it? Without using google, how many people can name past winners? Tahiti? Yeah in a competion of eight teams and getting smashed in every game, what does that say about the credibilty of this?

Brazil won it the previous 2 times. I didn't watch it before then as I never knew it was on tv.

P0280_zps4f29741f.png

The teams seem to care who wins. The fans in the stands seem to care. All the top teams have brought all their best players to this and the players seem very eager to prove themselves, not quite the intensity of a World Cup, but plenty of good football and determination. I can't remember seeing a single star player being lackluster in any of the games, and that included the Spain players that have "won it all".

Tahiti are in because they qualified by winning the Oceanic cup or whatever it's called. What should FIFA do? Say to Tahiti that they couldn't participate despite qualifying according to the rules because people wouldn't want to see them get smashed in every game? Would be much more "driven by the cash" if FIFA replaced them with New Zealand for example.

I think the English people would care if England were in it. People seemed to care about the U21 Euros, so why wouldn't they care about this tournament?

Edit: How many of the games have you watched? I'm guessing you didn't see the Italy-Japan game?

Last edited:

I don't get it. All football competitions are 'driven by cash'. On that basis nobody would care who wins anywhere.

I would suggest that the teams participating actually care who wins.

Cracking semi-finals coming up, especially tonights. Suarez to silence the Brazilian home crowd? that would be some performance. Uruguay's midfield does lack creativity though.

Spain - Italy should see Spain win especially with Balotelli back in Italy but it's still a game between two of Europe's 3 best sides.

Back