• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Confederations Cup 2013

based on what i've seen from this tournament, yes yes yes.

then again, you can't sign players off the back of tournaments in my opinion.

Agreed. But I like him alas he plays for CSKA Moscow and they would not sell cheap

I think Mark Chapman is a good presenter for BBC football. I would like to see him host Match of the Day 2. I think he has done a good job during the Confederations Cup

Jordi Alba catches pidgeons.

Methinks 3:0 is harsh, but then life is harsh

(I only watched the second half)

Harsh because you did create some chances, but overall Spain were clearly the better side and seemed like they were walking through the game. 2-3 goals seems about fine, but could have been 5-2 I suppose.

Nigeria might have a decent team again come the world cup if you can get all your players fit and ready and avoid problems caused by the Nigerian FA. I can see you guys going on a Ghana-esque run with a bit of luck.

FIFA Confederations Cup 2013 Brazil Goalscorers...

P0279_zpsc8d7bea2.png

FIFA Confederations Cup 1992 to 2013

Really disappointed about Mexico's performance here. Being a long time fan, Mexico used to be very entertaining and hard to beat. But they have been very poor for 2 or 3 years now. They no longer produce talented youngsters as most of their players are very old now. I think one of the main reason is their best player Hernandez being a bit-part player at ManU. He scores goals but otherwise has been a lame duck for Mexico most of the time. Mexico should have asked him to look for regular football at other clubs. Dos Santos has been Mexico's best player here but he is affected by lack of goals.

I think Mexico should advice their players not to move to English clubs as almost all their good players have become bad after playing for English clubs : Hernandez(ManU), Dos Santos(Spurs), Borgetti(Bolton), Castillo(ManCity), Carlos Vela(Arsenal) and Salcido(Fulham). It is clear Mexican players just don't have the mental strength to become successfull in England.

Why isn't Vela playing? He was brilliant for Sociedad and would cause a problem for defences.

who is that Torres fella topping the scoring charts. cheeky bid?

Suarez is now Uruguays top ever goalscorer. 8-0.

Really poor call by the coach there (unless Suarez is desperately short of form)

- Suarez/Forlan are fighting for top goalscorer for their country and the coach opts to play one and not the other against a "fill your boots side"?

I'd be seriously tinkled if I was Forlan.

Really poor call by the coach there (unless Suarez is desperately short of form)

- Suarez/Forlan are fighting for top goalscorer for their country and the coach opts to play one and not the other against a "fill your boots side"?

I'd be seriously tinkled if I was Forlan.

Suarez only came off the bench for the last 20 minutes or so.

The coach has a tournament to plan for, Forlan isn't the youngest anymore and they might need him fully rested later on and they might need some of those second string players that got to play to gain some match fitness.

He should do what is best for the team, who becomes their top scorer should be (and is?) a secondary priority at the very highest.

Back