• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

£240m spent
How are they getting away with it from a FFP perspective? I know there was some shady hotel/property deal but assumed that only got their head above water for the last time they spunked hundreds of millions on brick?

Also haven’t heard they’ve put the new signings on long contracts which would mean they have to take the amortisation hit in a smaller timeframe.

How are they getting away with it from a FFP perspective? I know there was some shady hotel/property deal but assumed that only got their head above water for the last time they spunked hundreds of millions on brick?

Also haven’t heard they’ve put the new signings on long contracts which would mean they have to take the amortisation hit in a smaller timeframe.
Amortisation is now over 5 years regardless of contract length, if I have that right.
I think they also did something dodgy with selling the women's team to another part of the business (or something like that).
I'm just hoping (praying) he's building a house of cards, and it will be the one more dodgy deal that brings it all crashing down.
Having said that I don't belive Boehly is stupid or naive. He's gaming the system, having found the loopholes that allows him to do so.

Flipped over to a new accounting year on july 1st. U21s don't count to psr.

Still have no idea. Unless they think they can shift a load of players.

They'll have to. Their squad is insane. Limits on loans aswell.

Amortisation is now over 5 years regardless of contract length, if I have that right.
I think they also did something dodgy with selling the women's team to another part of the business (or something like that).
I'm just hoping (praying) he's building a house of cards, and it will be the one more dodgy deal that brings it all crashing down.
Having said that I don't belive Boehly is stupid or naive. He's gaming the system, having found the loopholes that allows him to do so.

Yeah, I’m not convinced it will equal on pitch success, but it’s quite clever in a lot of ways financially.

So they are stockpiling players on long contracts to a) mitigate an expected transfer ban and b) assuming the ban covers 2+ seasons, to make sure the players still have a decent sale value when they are allowed to trade again?
(Would a ban cover outgoing transfers? Can you force a player to stay (regardless of contract))?

I hope they get a hefty points deduction as well as a ban. But it sounds from the comment above that they are negotiating their punishment, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is just a ban without any deduction, or a minimal one if there is a deduction.
Let's see how strong the PL is when dealing wth the big clubs.

So they are stockpiling players on long contracts to a) mitigate an expected transfer ban and b) assuming the ban covers 2+ seasons, to make sure the players still have a decent sale value when they are allowed to trade again?
(Would a ban cover outgoing transfers? Can you force a player to stay (regardless of contract))?

I hope they get a hefty points deduction as well as a ban. But it sounds from the comment above that they are negotiating their punishment, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is just a ban without any deduction, or a minimal one if there is a deduction.
Let's see how strong the PL is when dealing wth the big clubs.
The PL will do nothing

Napoli director in London as Chelsea continue Osimhen, Lukaku talks​

Latest from Sky Sports News' Kaveh Solhekol, Dharmesh Sheth and Lyall Thomas, with Sky Italy's Gianluca Di Marzio:
Further talks between Chelsea and Napoli are expected this week over the potential transfers of Victor Osimhen and Romelu Lukaku.
Chelsea have been interested in Osimhen all summer but a move for the Nigeria international remains difficult, primarily due to his high wages and valuation.
Napoli manager Antonio Conte is determined to sign Lukaku – who has not even been given a squad number by Chelsea – and wants a solution.
According to Sky Italy, Giovanni Manna, Napoli's sporting director, is in London and plans to meet with Chelsea about the proposed deals

Back