• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Carlyle takeover, was Cain Hoy takeover

Re: Back Page tomorrow Mirror - Lewis to sell 1 Billion Tottenham

The talk has been about international rights and internet rights, not abandoning collective bargaining entirely.

The important thing is that any changes need 14 votes. While for some issues the big 7/8/9 might see eye to eye to the detriment of smaller clubs, I don't think they will here. As discussed above, it doesn't seem to favour us and the same will go for Everton, Aston Villa and Saudi Sportswashing Machine. I can't see more than five clubs supporting it and maybe not all of them. Would even Arsenal want to give an advantage to United and Liverpool?

The talk has been about international rights and internet rights, not abandoning collective bargaining entirely.

The important thing is that any changes need 14 votes. While for some issues the big 7/8/9 might see eye to eye to the detriment of smaller clubs, I don't think they will here. As discussed above, it doesn't seem to favour us and the same will go for Everton, Aston Villa and Saudi Sportswashing Machine. I can't see more than five clubs supporting it and maybe not all of them. Would even Arsenal want to give an advantage to United and Liverpool?
If collective bargaining was maintained we could well see an increase in rights income the next time they are up. International online rights would be worth a fortune, particularly if Saturday 3pm games were included.

I like the idea of being able to watch games on the internet as I can not get to games every saturday, I go to about 5 games a season. If it meant that games at the lane actually were priced a little cheaper you might get groups of young men going more and an improvement in atmosphere that so many of you seem to want.

What I would not like is if we went like Spain and teams get to sell rights individually because the league would become even more uncompetitive.

You would effectively see a similar situation to Spain where clubs negotiate their own TV deals and 90% of the money is hoovered up by two clubs.

Just what I said old chap, as ever bang on the money Milo I actually think it would be the death of the premiership. But then this country has had a long and not so proud history of voting for things that thinks it will make it more money but end up ruining things.

sat 3pm PPV games are the future of PL football

actually I dont see that because worldwide rights dwarf domestic rights
more likely to see games being played abroad like what the NFL has done

The only growth for our club and the league in general is outside the uk.

As I mentioned above, a football fan is a fan for life. You don't see brand loyalty like it anywhere else, for example how many car lovers would only buy a Mercedes and nothing else for the rest of their lives.

Most foreign fans will typically (not all) be more fickle as they won't be geographically tied or family tied to any particular club. Like city or Chelsea we can grow our fan base but only of we win trophies or have a world class player.

This means any sustainable growth is more to do with selling the premier league rather than our club specifically.

Sent from my iPad using Fapatalk

I meant selling those games to the rest of the world and the uk

exactly like nfl game pass

I meant selling those games to the rest of the world and the uk

exactly like nfl game pass

They already do.

Go to Italy. Sky Italia shows every 3pm English Saturday kick-off. You select which one you watch.

Id happily pay say £250 a season to watch every single Spurs game on a PPV pass type thingy, no doubt if it ever came in it would be like £500 a year or something ridiculous

They already do.

Go to Italy. Sky Italia shows every 3pm English Saturday kick-off. You select which one you watch.
Yeah but online broadcasts would be harder to restrict to overseas viewers. The restriction on Sat 3pm broadcasts in England would have to change.

They already do.

Same in Australia but it comes with a price. You have to deal with Mark Bosnich and some others peculiar characters as pundits. Also has no half time analysis, just video montage of next week previews and what not.

They already do.

yeah, Italy isn't a good example as the market probably isn't there, it's a collective deal, I'm talking about man united fans in Asia paying by the game to watch united, not just having a blanket deal

No reason why the PL couldn't copy Gamepass offered by the NFL and share all income as under the current deal regardless if you purchase the "full" package or a single team.

Same in Australia but it comes with a price. You have to deal with Mark Bosnich and some others peculiar characters as pundits. Also has no half time analysis, just video montage of next week previews and what not.

That's a bonus in my eyes.

I could live without that

Id happily pay say £250 a season to watch every single Spurs game on a PPV pass type thingy, no doubt if it ever came in it would be like £500 a year or something ridiculous

I think the initial fee would be low enough to get numbers. Initially it would be non UK only because the UK rights would still be collective.

Just what I said old chap, as ever bang on the money Milo I actually think it would be the death of the premiership. But then this country has had a long and not so proud history of voting for things that thinks it will make it more money but end up ruining things.

Collective bargaining is coming to Spain though.

I would only be happy if they did it on a black out system, if the game doesn't sell say 80%, then the game cannot be shown and you get a fee back from the subscription

Won't happen. It's only precious to the grass roots English fans who are happy for the FA to protect lower league clubs. 3pm isn't attractive to the rest of the world either (9am in the USA? 11pm in Asia? Ok for the Middle East but they stay in all the time anyway cos there are no pubs).

I could see PL matches all being played at different times and as PPV. Two at each time slot:
12.45 Sat
5.30 Sat
7.30 Sat
1.30 Sun
4.00 Sun

Back