• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Black Lives Matter

True, but I would think most of those don't really care about the meaning of the protest.
They've turned up in the hope it kicks off.
Win win situation for them, good old punch up, maybe a bit of thieving and undermine the protest. Job done.

Went off very peacefully yesterday except around Downing Street I was informed and allowing for total lack of help for all involved.
The TV and press uncannily knew where to set up and they were not disappointed and did not leave empty-handed.
Some working yesterday felt let down by those above and they were just part of the "pre-planned photo op".

Last edited:
True, but I would think most of those don't really care about the meaning of the protest.
They've turned up in the hope it kicks off.
Win win situation for them, good old punch up, maybe a bit of thieving and undermine the protest. Job done.

Could not agree more, the idiots do not see what they are doing could (will) push us back into a new Covid outbreak and as i have said the water cannons should be out.

Could not agree more, the idiots do not see what they are doing could (will) push us back into a new Covid outbreak and as i have said the water cannons should be out.

we sold them!

at a big loss!
Boris is just great! long live Boris

Isnt that first index based on prosperity? Economics?

In a word, no. the Prosperity Index looks at far more markers than just wealth (in which case the US would obviously be top followed by China I presume).

Education, social mobility, justice, health care, corruption, government investment are all factos and one of the main points on equality is researched under 'Social Tolerence' where the UK comes 15th in its profiling.

In a word, no. the Prosperity Index looks at far more markers than just wealth (in which case the US would obviously be top followed by China I presume).

Education, social mobility, justice, health care, corruption, government investment are all factos and one of the main points on equality is researched under 'Social Tolerence' where the UK comes 15th in its profiling.

Yet despite comming 15th in that i imagine we are one of the top places people move to. Odd that...

What’s that based on though? Hate crimes? Opinion? A Poll? How do they judge the social tolerance

Yet despite comming 15th in that i imagine we are one of the top places people move to. Odd that...

One of the top, not the top. Not even Top 3 based on World Economic Forum research, published in 2017 so slightly dated, but the US, Germany and Canada are the top 3 based on migration statistics with UK 4th. No one is saying that migrationary statistics are based solely on one factor. My point is, there's a tonne of research out there and several people here (not saying you specifically) are posting opinions because they read it in a tweet or news article, but there's actual, factual research I have pointed to that have completely torn this apart.

Look at the thread above, "the UK is one of the most equal places, name me another country". Well i can name 15, and this isn't my opinion, this is based on research and studies. But again, people too ingrained in their view to read up or take the time to learn, far easier sitting in a bubble of Twitter and Daily Mail than you know, actual research.

"we're sick and tired of experts" after all.

That's not a UK Border Staff point, it's government legislation right? If we passed stringent laws during coronavirus like you mention, like New Zealand who restricted access to their little island to benefit their health, we could have done so. NZ has 0 recorded coronavirus cases now.

We didn't lockdown or quarantine people, that's not Border force's job, it's government legislation and we chose not do it or enforce it.

It's like that whole EU Citizens issue. Legally, under The Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006, we can legally deport EU citizens without a job after 6 months. We just chose not to, the regulation existed to do it, we just didn't. Comes down to Government policy.
That's never been tested in court and the advice given to govt is that they would lose if it was.

Well Trump who i am no fan of was accused of racism when he wanted to shut off travel from China.

Think Johnson was worried about appeasing his business chum airline buddies and also looking racist in front of the Guardian and BBC. You need a prime minister who does not follow what focus groups think.

Doubt the will ever be a prime minister like that again. It is what upset me about Corbyn someone who spent his whole life criticising the EU to backtrack at the last election broke my heart.

I've long suspected this was a big factor in the lack of border restrictions earlier on.

I lived in Canada and their migration is hugely closed door cherry picked. Then they make a show on TV for taking in 2000 Syrians, Hand Picked mind

sorry missed this one from the other day, probably because I’m not a prolific poster!

I’ve been to San Fran twice, first time in 2011 not long before our London riots.
Going around 5th street, Mission and the so called tenderloin part of the downtown area and it struck me a fair number of black people were hanging around on the streets every night, some with drug issues, others with mental issues. Very sad. But the one thing I never felt was threatened or intimidated - there was no aggression whatsoever. Unlike over here where people expect and resort to violence when they don’t get their own way.
But they have no safety net, no help from the state like we do over here.
Yet people think they are hard done by over here and are treated unfairly.

I’ve been to a fair number of countries and see first hand what people live there and what their lives are like. There aren’t as many nice places out there like the uk.

Someone please tell me which country they can be held up as a better example of equality than the uk?

There is no example of an African nation, state or any other country where you have the same rights as any other ethnicity.

No worries.
It would be unfair for me to comment on the Bay Area for a variety of issues, needless to say that is greatly simplified take mate. To fully understand US racism you should watch this, probably the best capsule I have seen.

IMO, a brush-up on colonial history would be useful if you're going to venture into the social conditions of African nations.

Finally, there are still enormous race issues in the UK. Enormous. If the UK had the ludicrous gun laws the US has, I shudder to think...

Not that different really.

An attempt to cause harm but without the intent to kill. Taking an action that one knows could result in serious injury.

If anything this was worse - at least Chauvin was attempting to stop crime, however bad his methods.

Once again. Eight minutes and a man begging under your knee whilst you ignore him pointedly. Eight minutes. Think about it. Again and again and again.

Once again. Eight minutes and a man begging under your knee whilst you ignore him pointedly. Eight minutes. Think about it. Again and again and again.
I don't believe that's worse than attacking police trying to go about their jobs.

The physical act from Officer Chauvin is worse, but mitigated by the fact that he was trying to stop crime, whereas this is exacerbated by the fact that they attacked police whilst committing crime.

I don't believe that's worse than attacking police trying to go about their jobs.

The physical act from Officer Chauvin is worse, but mitigated by the fact that he was trying to stop crime, whereas this is exacerbated by the fact that they attacked police whilst committing crime.

One major problem I sense when reading this forum over the last few days is the sense of violence and breaking the law differs depending on the cause. If you break the law under the banner of a good cause then it seems that’s ok.

So I’m off to shop lift in Tesco and if I’m caught I’m going to say I was doing it under the banner of BLM and that should get me off Scott free

No worries.
It would be unfair for me to comment on the Bay Area for a variety of issues, needless to say that is greatly simplified take mate. To fully understand US racism you should watch this, probably the best capsule I have seen.

IMO, a brush-up on colonial history would be useful if you're going to venture into the social conditions of African nations.

Finally, there are still enormous race issues in the UK. Enormous. If the UK had the ludicrous gun laws the US has, I shudder to think...

Enormous?

Expand on that?

Back