• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Black Lives Matter

People dress as they wish to be seen. Clothing may not infer everything about a person, but it will tell us what they want us to see.

I also own a couple of pairs of jeans and a hoody. They're designed and cut by people who care about how the wearer looks though, rather than someone paid by the yard.

the enlightened dress for practicality and comfort

the enlightened dress for practicality and comfort
Never. I refuse absolutely.

Dressing well is one of the simplest measures one can take to show respect for oneself and those around us.

Edit:
Anyone who doesn't own this book is not yet a man:

Edit 2: Something wrong with the embedding code for Amazon - the book is Dressing the Man: Mastering the Art of Permanent Fashion by Alan Flusser.

Last edited:
You don't really leave me with much else to go on.

You've criticised opinions (or in my case a lack of one) when all we currently have to go on is part of a video. A part for which we know neither the context nor the motivation of the uploader.

As far as I'm concerned, the only wrong position to currently take is to have made one's mind up already.

Nonsense. I have left you with enormous amount to "go on" but as is your want in these types of "debate" you look for the narrowest, most curtly, and quietly inflammatory context possible. That you have even tried to justify it is (in fairness) beyond your usual online character. Hope starts in small packages...

That's not race, that's culture.

I will always make assumptions about a person based in how they're dressed. I'd make the same assumption regardless of their skin colour, and I suspect most are the same as me.

If someone dresses like a criminal I will assume they're a criminal. If they dress in a well tailored suit then they will.immediately gain my respect.

Yes indeed, that doesn't surprise me. Except your definitions are absurdly naive at best.

The Nazis wore suits designed by Hugo Boss. Some of the biggest criminals in the world regularly fly on their private jets in Savile Row or if they HAVE to go off the peg, Versace.

Nonsense. I have left you with enormous amount to "go on" but as is your want in these types of "debate" you look for the narrowest, most curtly, and quietly inflammatory context possible. That you have even tried to justify it is (in fairness) beyond your usual online character. Hope starts in small packages...
As I already stated - we have a video without context and an uploader whose motivation we know nothing about.

That does not make a valid case for murder (or even manslaughter for that matter) and there's especially little in the way of evidence of a racial element to it.

Yes indeed, that doesn't surprise me. Except your definitions are absurdly naive at best.

The Nazis wore suits designed by Hugo Boss. Some of the biggest criminals in the world regularly fly on their private jets in Savile Row or if they HAVE to go off the peg, Versace.
See previous posts about edginess and students ;)

All fun and games eh?
Again, the Nazis wore suits designed by Huge Boss.

Go on. Touch it.
Firstly, Boss has never been a high end label. Secondly, it wasn't even the label it is now before WWII - he made workwear. Thirdly you wouldn't catch me dead in Boss because of all the chavs that wear it.

Firstly, Boss has never been a high end label. Secondly, it wasn't even the label it is now before WWII - he made workwear. Thirdly you wouldn't catch me dead in Boss because of all the chavs that wear it.

You went there. Incredible. Boss suits (in the '50s) were designed and modeled on the uniforms they had made. Of course, your model of label-by-clothing would surely have meant the Nazis should've been wearing the equivalent of ultra "urban" street wear.

What someone wears should never be used as their defining characteristic. Of course only a fool would attend an interview in casual dress, but in ordinary life, a person should never be judged simply on appearance.

You went there. Incredible. Boss suits (in the '50s) were designed and modeled on the uniforms they had made. Of course, your model of label-by-clothing would surely have meant the Nazis should've been wearing the equivalent of ultra "urban" street wear.

What someone wears should never be used as their defining characteristic. Of course only a fool would attend an interview in casual dress, but in ordinary life, a person should never be judged simply on appearance.
I would certainly have judged anyone wearing "SS-like" clothing in the aftermath of WWII - as, I hope, would you.

Trends change over time and nothing is fixed over that period. The currently clothing of choice for criminals is not finely tailored suits. Neither has it been for the last few decades.

I will absolutely judge people on their appearance as that is how they wish to present themselves to others - it can tell us far more than you might think.

I would certainly have judged anyone wearing "SS-like" clothing in the aftermath of WWII - as, I hope, would you.

Trends change over time and nothing is fixed over that period. The currently clothing of choice for criminals is not finely tailored suits. Neither has it been for the last few decades.

I will absolutely judge people on their appearance as that is how they wish to present themselves to others - it can tell us far more than you might think.

The biggest criminals in the world are suited and booted. Debate the standard of their tailoring if you feel it helps you score a pithy point, but the overall premise is that the biggest criminals in the world most often wear suits/look to appear smart. Fact.

producers_1967_25b-h_2020.jpg

Don't be dumb be a smartie come and join the Nazi party.

Is the reaction to Floyd's death (Cummings indiscretion for that matter too) amplified because there isn't much news to speak of? The media have done Corona, and people want fresh news. Not like news media closes during lockdown. They have pages and airtime to fill.

Last edited:
The biggest criminals in the world are suited and booted. Debate the standard of their tailoring if you feel it helps you score a pithy point, but the overall premise is that the biggest criminals in the world most often wear suits/look to appear smart. Fact.
I think your definition of criminal and mine are probably different.

Just seen a social media post from someone who attended a protest on the west coast of America last night. The post states that the event had been entirely peaceful, with the exception of some looting that occurred.

I honestly have no idea what to make of that.

Back