• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Black Lives Matter

You think it's wrong to not form ones opinion on posting from social media? Wrong to not make up one's mind until the evidence is more complete?

Seems a strange way of going about the world.

There is the problem

I see videos that do not tell the full story and the outrage goes on for say an hour, then someone comes, posts facts and its shut down. I see so many examples of it.

Its hard to not go mad, show emotion or anger, but to contain it and work on facts and also work a way through is the best outcome. Easier said than done.

I did wonder that and briefly researched it.

I believe he'd have been unconscious in about 10 seconds if that were the case.

what if the pressure was applied and reduced repeatedly for 8 minute
Yeh thats it, they need to be smarter.

It also does not happen unless there is inside education to black communities, they are so almost institutionalised to accepting their fate that has to change or its a circle, and thats not all on the police, thats why I say its a huge subject.

Obama could not solve it, in cases it got worse, thats how bad it is. Its going to take a president two terms with cultural diversification as his top agenda to solve it, and thats a maybe. Trumps not that man clearly.

By the way it IS possible to be angry, emotional and smart. Just to make that clear.
But I am going to go out on a limb here and say that most of the people debating "the cause" of Floyd's death have no clue what it is to be on the back end of any aggro beyond a spilt pint.

Another of those "short videos" which requires rational response. I suppose it IS awful that people dared to view and film martial law being imposed upon them. FFS.

LINK

what if the pressure was applied and reduced repeatedly for 8 minute

By the way it IS possible to be angry, emotional and smart. Just to make that clear.
But I am going to go out on a limb here and say that most of the people debating "the cause" of Floyd's death have no clue what it is to be on the back end of any aggro beyond a spilt pint.

Yeh but you don't need weapons for that, thats where there is a line of worthy cause and misguided, its not a crime to say their actions are sometimes extreme you know. And the difference here is the IRA for example weaponized for their own cause, I don't agree with it but I get it, Antifa which in my experience is a bunch of white men with equally less skin in the game as me turn up to protests with weapons, I don't see the point? You think they serve the purpose of the real victims well?

Its incredible how people on forums seem to know intimate details if it helps them try and discredit, no I have never been murdered but I've been attacked for being a Jew, my dads been spat at for the same, so I understand prejudices but I also value a more measured response. I have also experienced extreme racism to associates and friends.

It were a response to @K.D.D.D.D.Soc post where he felt that America is a nuthouse and to degree, I agreed with him.

You can take from it what you like.. I were merely pointing out that despite all the negatives surrounding the USA and yeah I agree with you, the negative racial history of the country is a big negative but America is still a great country for a young black American and for any youngster of any race for that matter, if they have the right guidance. Get a decent education, learn a skill and make the correct life choices and a young American regardless of race can raise him/herself was my point.

I think America is a beautiful country with some lovely people, their history is bathed in blood and there appears to be a belief you can take what you want if you have power, having a gun gives people that power, .if we had similar gun control in this country I think there wouldn't be a lot of difference with the death rate][/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I think America is a beautiful country with some lovely people, their history is bathed in blood and there appears to be a belief you can take what you want if you have power, having a gun gives people that power, .if we had similar gun control in this country I think there wouldn't be a lot of difference with the death rate]
[/QUOTE]

For me and maybe I am missing a point, its one of the most bizarre situations in the world. They, and I had to looked this up and it shocked me as I didnt realise how bad. Nearly 450 deaths from nearly 1800 mass shootings in 2019 thats insane, like literally insane.

You think it's wrong to not form ones opinion on posting from social media? Wrong to not make up one's mind until the evidence is more complete?

Seems a strange way of going about the world.

A contemptuous and frankly loathesome misappropriation of what I wrote.

I genuinely expected better.

My bad.

If that is all got from what I wrote then take it, nurture it and keep it up.

Yeh but you don't need weapons for that, thats where there is a line of worthy cause and misguided, its not a crime to say their actions are sometimes extreme you know. And the difference here is the IRA for example weaponized for their own cause, I don't agree with it but I get it, Antifa which in my experience is a bunch of white men with equally less skin in the game as me turn up to protests with weapons, I don't see the point? You think they serve the purpose of the real victims well?

Its incredible how people on forums seem to know intimate details if it helps them try and discredit, no I have never been murdered but I've been attacked for being a Jew, my dads been spat at for the same, so I understand prejudices but I also value a more measured response. I have also experienced extreme racism to associates and friends.

Mate.

My father was Iranian. My mother is Irish (both 100%). My father was often racially abused (he looked Middle Eastern).

But let's agree on one thing. You and I have no clue what it is to wake up in the morning and have to ponder what we wear, how we dress and how we act. There is so much fear and ignorance that I am going to bet that if 5 out of every 10 people saw a black youth in a hoodie with jeans and a gold chain, they'd immediately wonder if they were going to be safe/whether that youth was into drugs or gangs. You can deny it if you wish, and I would love to be wrong, but it is true. Many people are naturally afraid of a black youth who might be loud or boisterous. These are systemic problems which need to be seriously addressed.

I will go a step further. When a visible muslim steps onto a plane, I am sure a percentage of people wonder if they are an extremist. You mention the IRA, I know for a fact that some believe all Irish people support the IRA.

Antifa is a created label designed to package and discredit a specific viewpoint/paint them as looters and rioters. The vast majority of anti-racists have no interest in looting or rioting. There are parties at work who want to conflate the two.

Mate.

My father was Iranian. My mother is Irish (both 400%). My father was often racially abused (he looked Middle Eastern).

But let's agree on one thing. You and I have no clue what it is to wake up in the morning and have to ponder what we wear, how we dress and how we act. There is so much fear and ignorance that I am going to bet that if 5 out of every 10 people saw a black youth in a hoodie with jeans and a gold chain, they'd immediately wonder if they were going to be safe/whether that youth was into drugs or gangs. You can deny it if you wish, and I would love to be wrong, but it is true. Many people are naturally afraid of a black youth who might be loud or boisterous. These are systemic problems which need to be seriously addressed.

I will go a step further. When a visible muslim steps onto a plane, I am sure a percentage of people wonder if they are an extremist. You mention the IRA, I know for a fact that some believe all Irish people support the IRA.

Antifa is a created label designed to package and discredit a specific viewpoint/paint them as looters and rioters. The vast majority of anti-racists have no interest in looting or rioting. There are parties at work who want to conflate the two.

I agree with what you say and you have Validated the point I was trying to make, there is a lot of work to be done and a lot of education on both sides.

I won’t deny the point of people being afraid of black youth, it happens, I’ve seen it.

I’ve also seen people attacked for what they are wearing, Jews, Arabs and Hindu, all disgraceful all based on pre conceptions

Maybe I’m struggling to articulate my point how I want to.

It’s such a deep issue there is no chance to cover all the layers, all I will say is the deep hatred you see at the minute in the US is sad. I was thinking today that the space mission is maybe symbolic/paradox in that the US can move forward to conquer space in a huge advancement but their society is in many places stuck in the dark ages.

I think America is a beautiful country with some lovely people, their history is bathed in blood and there appears to be a belief you can take what you want if you have power, having a gun gives people that power, .if we had similar gun control in this country I think there wouldn't be a lot of difference with the death rate]
[/QUOTE]

One of the major issues for the US is racism is generational in many cases and as the US is such a young country in terms of diversification maybe due to how vast the country is the deep rooted racism hasn’t flushed out.

Many states in the US are still cut off from being exposed to anything other than their own echo chamber of beliefs, mainly in areas where no one migrated to or from, they are fodder for Trump. Even Alabama still felt like there was an underlining level of racism and it felt like it was because they believe they are out of sight out of mind. Abit like Mississippi Burning where they say “we don’t do that down in Mississippi”.

I won’t see enough change in my life where Black America gains faith in the establishment.

A contemptuous and frankly loathesome misappropriation of what I wrote.

I genuinely expected better.

My bad.

If that is all got from what I wrote then take it, nurture it and keep it up.
You don't really leave me with much else to go on.

You've criticised opinions (or in my case a lack of one) when all we currently have to go on is part of a video. A part for which we know neither the context nor the motivation of the uploader.

As far as I'm concerned, the only wrong position to currently take is to have made one's mind up already.

For me and maybe I am missing a point, its one of the most bizarre situations in the world. They, and I had to looked this up and it shocked me as I didnt realise how bad. Nearly 450 deaths from nearly 1800 mass shootings in 2019 thats insane, like literally insane.
What that tells us more than anything is just what a terrible shot they are.

Mate.

My father was Iranian. My mother is Irish (both 400%). My father was often racially abused (he looked Middle Eastern).

That's not race, that's culture.

I will always make assumptions about a person based in how they're dressed. I'd make the same assumption regardless of their skin colour, and I suspect most are the same as me.

If someone dresses like a criminal I will assume they're a criminal. If they dress in a well tailored suit then they will.immediately gain my respect.

That's not race, that's culture.

I will always make assumptions about a person based in how they're dressed. I'd make the same assumption regardless of their skin colour, and I suspect most are the same as me.

If someone dresses like a criminal I will assume they're a criminal. If they dress in a well tailored suit then they will.immediately gain my respect.

thats an inherent bias you have though, I've worked in IT for two decades, been senior management for half of that, I live in jeans/t-shirts/hoodies

also, if you graph criminals based on cash value of that which they steal, all of the "high earners" are going to be wearing suits

you can of course judge a book by its cover, but half the time you are going to be wrong

thats an inherent bias you have though, I've worked in IT for two decades, been senior management for half of that, I live in jeans/t-shirts/hoodies

also, if you graph criminals based on cash value of that which they steal, all of the "high earners" are going to be wearing suits

you can of course judge a book by its cover, but half the time you are going to be wrong
People dress as they wish to be seen. Clothing may not infer everything about a person, but it will tell us what they want us to see.

I also own a couple of pairs of jeans and a hoody. They're designed and cut by people who care about how the wearer looks though, rather than someone paid by the yard.

Back