• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

You do realise it’s probably more to do with ENIC than the manager in what is being prioritised?

The beloved Poch fielded weakened teams a plenty in all cup competions, and if I could be bothered could easily list a number of embarrassing cup exits with him in charge. It’s been a poor week or two going out of two cup competitions, but it’s nothing new….
The thing is though, there's not much glamor in these cups anymore. As a result, every team fields a weaker eleven in these competitions until they get to the semis or the final. Especially so when the opposition is weaker.

And to be honest, I would rather see us playing Wednesday nights under the lights in the CL than winning a Carabao Cup. If we don't happen to win the CL in the next 20 years, the miracle in Amsterdam will be more fondly remembered than a Carabao Cup win beating Rotherham, Wycombe, Barnsley, and Southampton along the way. Fans want to see their teams competing in the elite competitions, not winning tin pot cups by beating League One teams to get there. The ticket sales alone for cup vs CL games make that pretty obvious.

“I repeat for us to finish in the top four is like to win the premier league”

Does someone want to tell him ?

Beating a poor Forest who have only scored 3 away from home all season before today. This result changes nothing. He needs to be out the door in the summer.
Fq9hwN1XoAUaWBA

I listen to all the Spurs podcasts and most seem to say the same thing. They'd much rather win a Cup than finish 4th.
I think that's just a knee-jerk reaction to the fact we haven't won a trophy in a while. If that was truly the case, the stadium would be packed for a 4th round match against Fleetwood and half empty for a CL group game against Atletico Madrid. Because, at the end of the day, it's not about finishing 4th; it's about qualifying to play in the most elite of football competitions.

Was really disappointed to read that comment too. The lad is on loan here, he deserves better treatment than that. You can see why Conte has a short shelf life wherever he goes.

The guy is a macaron. He has effectively killed the career advancement of Danjuma and Spence out of malice. He has tried to do it with Richarliason until he went public and outed "the coaches" and he has certainly put the handbrake on Bissouma who had been outstanding for Brighton. The guy is a serial career killer. He has no in-game awareness and his subs are both weird and far too late. Sanchez for Kulu against Milan when we needed a goal was a joke and to play Moura (who we all know is going in the summer) out of position on the left instead of Danjuma was just criminal.

Surely Conte must go in the summer - if not before. We deserve better football than he can seemingly deliver and a manager who can inspire a team to play progressive attacking football.

The "not my signing" comment about Danjuma was ridiculous too, I mean fine it was not his signing, but hardly a protector of inclusiveness that a club and squad needs with making that comment. I mean I can take the club bashing on it, but does the player publicly need to know he was not wanted by the manager or have it put out to the public even if he did know.

Anyway, with the gap now and the games coming he has to get 4th....no excuses for me
Agreed but some very difficult games remain. Man Utd, Liverpool and Saudi Sportswashing Machine all away I think. So 4th is by no means a foregone conclusion.

Edit Utd is home, but still difficult.

Agreed but some very difficult games remain. Man Utd, Liverpool and Saudi Sportswashing Machine all away I think. So 4th is by no means a foregone conclusion.
If we get 4th conte will probably say it’s not only the greatest ever achievement of this club, but of any team in the history of world football.

Edit Utd is home, but still difficult.

Na I know just placing that on his head because I wanna be a demanding cnut haha

If we get 4th conte will probably say it’s not only the greatest ever achievement of this club, but of any team in the history of world football.

I don’t get the bitterness of this type of comment. If we finish 4th that’ll be twice on a row which is something we’d have celebrated not so long ago. His contract is up in the summer and he’s more than likely gone in June. So let’s give our full support until then, part in a civilised/amicable manner and then move on.

I don’t get the bitterness of this type of comment. If we finish 4th that’ll be twice on a row which is something we’d have celebrated not so long ago. His contract is up in the summer and he’s more than likely gone in June. So let’s give our full support until then, part in a civilised/amicable manner and then move on.

Team gets my support, not some asshat who is basically begging to be fired. fudging the fans have no patience comment ..

Finishing 4th is worth celebrating. The bitterness on my part is that Conte is constantly bigging up his achievements and belittling us as a club and as fans. I detested Mou and his arrogant attitude, and I find many of Conte's utterances frequently show little respect to the club and fans. A manger of his quality, with the players at his disposal, should have us there or there about, especially in a season when Cheat$i and Liverpool are distinctly off the boil.

Finishing 4th is worth celebrating. The bitterness on my part is that Conte is constantly bigging up his achievements and belittling us as a club and as fans. I detested Mou and his arrogant attitude, and I find many of Conte's utterances frequently show little respect to the club and fans. A manger of his quality, with the players at his disposal, should have us there or there about, especially in a season when Cheat$i and Liverpool are distinctly off the boil.

Exactly, if the mighty Conte manages to get Spurs to 4th, you know what he has achieved?

The same brick the club has done 5 times in the last 7 seasons (will be 6 in 8), not exactly something no one has achieved before ..

He’s starting to really tinkle me off with his nonsense. And that’s a shame because I really want to like him and have up to recently. But this is self preservation flimflam out of the Jose handbook.

Like his quotes in the week that “winning needs patience but this isn’t a patient environment.” fudge off you little prick. It’s not that we demand or expect winning. But turning up against Sheffield United B and putting some pressure on a mediocre Milan side is not an unreasonable expectation and is certainly well within the capabilities of the set of players we have.

Sooner he goes the better.

I could not agree with you more.

He’s starting to really tinkle me off with his nonsense. And that’s a shame because I really want to like him and have up to recently. But this is self preservation flimflam out of the Jose handbook.

Like his quotes in the week that “winning needs patience but this isn’t a patient environment.” fudge off you little prick. It’s not that we demand or expect winning. But turning up against Sheffield United B and putting some pressure on a mediocre Milan side is not an unreasonable expectation and is certainly well within the capabilities of the set of players we have.

Sooner he goes the better.

This post nails it for me. For someone with the supposed elite reputation, he's never, ever built a club patiently. He's been given vast mounds of cash and bought the players to suit his turgid soul destroying system, and then won immediately.

If he wants to build the club he needs to in synergy with the fans, the board and the director of football. He's doing a damn fine job of falling out with all of them, especially Paratici who must be sitting there grinding his teeth about the way he has discussed Spence and Danjuma publically.

Exactly, if the mighty Conte manages to get Spurs to 4th, you know what he has achieved?

The same brick the club has done 5 times in the last 7 seasons (will be 6 in 8), not exactly something no one has achieved before ..

more of an achievement to be fair, another money doped club in the mix, both arse and United relevant again, and we don’t have Son playing to his true ability, like we did on those other occasions

I had purposely taken a break from this forum and from watching Spurs because of Conte and to help my mental strength. I knew him from Inter and I know his antics. I am not surprised at what is happening. I am however worried about Spurs and our lack of trophies or league wins. I wish the team well.

Back