• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Another Tottenham vs Sunderland OMT like.

Lloris
Trippier
Alderweireld
Vertonghen
Davies
Wanyama
Dembele
Son
Eriksen
Kane
Janssen
Doubt we'll see Son start, he has proved he is not reliable from the start and you to earn a place and keep it under Poch.

Janssen in for Kane is my guess.

Might see Carroll too.

Poch keeps saying all the right things ........ but little seems to change.

We were poor against Monaco in the first half, hey we have been poor in EVERY first half this season.

Everton - diabolical
Palace - sluggish
Liverpool - could have been out of sight
Stoke - outplayed in the opening 30 mins.
Monaco - conceded two sloppy goals and "lacked passion" according to Poch.

My question is this. When are we going to have a good first half?

We were poor against Monaco in the first half, hey we have been poor in EVERY first half this season.

Everton - diabolical
Palace - sluggish

Good point. Would love to see us go out all guns blazing on Sunday.

Everton - diabolical
Palace - sluggish

Poch is addressing the bad first halves and it seems to be that the condition of the players is not where it needs to be yet. Given we are a side that builds a large part of our strategic advantage from the fact that we are superior physically, if the players aren't there yet it looks like we will suffer. We simply need to play our key players into form.

Actually makes sense starting Wanyama now...he's not a Dembele cover at all but he did get a pre season and gives us someone in good condition in the middle of the park. Poch has tough choices to make until everyone is fit.

Quite a few question marks for this one. Wouldn't be surprised to see Pochettino make a statement with his team selection considering the criticism he's given the players for the first half against Monaco.

Need to get back on track with a win for sure.

Poch is addressing the bad first halves and it seems to be that the condition of the players is not where it needs to be yet. Given we are a side that builds a large part of our strategic advantage from the fact that we are superior physically, if the players aren't there yet it looks like we will suffer. We simply need to play our key players into form.

Actually makes sense starting Wanyama now...he's not a Dembele cover at all but he did get a pre season and gives us someone in good condition in the middle of the park. Poch has tough choices to make until everyone is fit.

Poch talks about addressing bad first halves but I haven't seen any evidence of this and it was also a failing in quite a few games last year iirc.

Regarding your point about greater fitness being our strategic advantage, in key games last year we conceded crucial late goals against Leicester ( home and away ), Arsenal (home and away ) and Chelsea (away). I don't recall us scoring late crucial goals ourselves against any of our key rivals. I don't think we can rely on greater fitness to carry us through in games and would instead prefer us to take a winning advantage at half time into games and then let our fitness become a telling factor rather than the other way round.

I agree with you in Wanyama though. Sissiko too IMO.

And the guy that picks the team seems to have more confidence in him than you do!
You might want to look a wider before coming to conclusions - I'm actually a big fan of Son.
Listen to Pochs press conference above - does Son fit with at present?

Back