• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Another Tottenham vs Sunderland OMT like.

It's true that we haven't had a decent first half all season. We absolutely must start hurting teams early on. If we only turn up for the second halves, we will see more Monaco style results. Especially when we play the likes of Emirates Marketing Project et al.

Thing is, Poch keeps telling the players this but we keep doing it. There needs to be action.

Last edited:
Poch talks about addressing bad first halves but I haven't seen any evidence of this and it was also a failing in quite a few games last year iirc.

Regarding your point about greater fitness being our strategic advantage, in key games last year we conceded crucial late goals against Leicester ( home and away ), Arsenal (home and away ) and Chelsea (away). I don't recall us scoring late crucial goals ourselves against any of our key rivals. I don't think we can rely on greater fitness to carry us through in games and would instead prefer us to take a winning advantage at half time into games and then let our fitness become a telling factor rather than the other way round.

I agree with you in Wanyama though. Sissiko too IMO.

City away Eriksen

It's true that we haven't had a decent first half all season. We absolutely must start hurting teams early on. If we only turn up for the second halves, we will see more Monaco style results. Especially when we play the likes of Emirates Marketing Project et al.

Thing is, Poch keeps telling the players this but we keep doing it. There needs to be action.

The silver lining is that we're unbeaten after 4 games despite not having really played well.

There's also not really anyone one of our attacking players who you could particularly say were on-form at the moment, whilst a number (Kane, Eriksen) are badly off-form.

I also don't think its a coincidence at all that we've been sh1t and Dembele has been out - I think I'm right in saying that our winning % whlist he plays is massively higher then when he hasnt played. Even more curious why we didnt sign a stand=in this summer

The silver lining is that we're unbeaten after 4 games despite not having really played well.

There's also not really anyone one of our attacking players who you could particularly say were on-form at the moment, whilst a number (Kane, Eriksen) are badly off-form.

I also don't think its a coincidence at all that we've been sh1t and Dembele has been out - I think I'm right in saying that our winning % whlist he plays is massively higher then when he hasnt played. Even more curious why we didnt sign a stand=in this summer

I'd also add that we have only dropped points to two of the form teams in the division. We easily beat both Palace and Stoke (even if Palace score was only 1-0). We were a bit unlucky to lose against Monaco (currently the form team in France, top of ligue 1, and who have beaten PSG this season) in our only defeat so far.

I think, with Dembele back, we'll win the next couple of games, Harry will score a couple and we will be off and running.

Am i right in thinking that after every European game that we've lost we have won our next Premier League match?

Edit: i mean every European game under Poch's reign

Last edited:

Eriksen was very much on form in our last league game

On the train up. Seems like I'm always on the trains these days! Looking forward to this one & hoping for a much better result than Wednesday's. My first Premier League game of the season. My voice is still struggling, tail end of cold mixed with my destruction of my throat on Wednesday night, as my loud and coarse shouting ripped my throat lining apart. Looking forward to the chance to catch up with other fans and maybe, just maybe, meet some of you. I continually asked people the other day if they posted here, but was told no..so either they like to keep their real life, and persona here, different..or I'm set to embark upon a recruitment programme for here, but don't worry, I'll keep the quality checks in place..lest we end up with any more red gloved villains in this World.

Now to the game..I get half a feeling that Wanyama will play instead of Dier. With Dembele next to him. The rest of the team I think will be the same. Son being the player to make way for Dembele. Although as Sunderland 'should' be a team that we bully, perhaps we would be better off having Son in the team to score goal/s. I don't know if we will keep a clean sheet. My confidence in our defensive unit was hit on Wednesday night.

But anyway, I'll sing as loud as my throat allows me to. As we march on to victory!!

On the train up. Seems like I'm always on the trains these days! Looking forward to this one & hoping for a much better result than Wednesday's. My first Premier League game of the season. My voice is still struggling, tail end of cold mixed with my destruction of my throat on Wednesday night, as my loud and coarse shouting ripped my throat lining apart. Looking forward to the chance to catch up with other fans and maybe, just maybe, meet some of you. I continually asked people the other day if they posted here, but was told no..so either they like to keep their real life, and persona here, different..or I'm set to embark upon a recruitment programme for here, but don't worry, I'll keep the quality checks in place..lest we end up with any more red gloved villains in this World.

Now to the game..I get half a feeling that Wanyama will play instead of Dier. With Dembele next to him. The rest of the team I think will be the same. Son being the player to make way for Dembele. Although as Sunderland 'should' be a team that we bully, perhaps we would be better off having Son in the team to score goal/s. I don't know if we will keep a clean sheet. My confidence in our defensive unit was hit on Wednesday night.

But anyway, I'll sing as loud as my throat allows me to. As we march on to victory!!

Drinking breakfast at the moment (very agreable prices in this Wetherspoon), but will have to start my trek through London eventually and meet up with the other Norwegians. Not sure where we'll end up, but we'll be in the area for a few hours before AND after the game.

Drinking breakfast at the moment (very agreable prices in this Wetherspoon), but will have to start my trek through London eventually and meet up with the other Norwegians. Not sure where we'll end up, but we'll be in the area for a few hours before AND after the game.

I'm going to be in London, at Waterloo for just before 1pm. So if anyone is about from 2, in and around WHL, let me know. If I can, I'll head by for pre match pint.

Hoping for more celebrations from Mr. Dean :D

Haha..yup, hopefully he'll have a lot to celebrate today & maybe, he can award us real penalties unlike the referee from Wednesday who just confused half the ground with his phantom booking/penalty decision.

Poch talks about addressing bad first halves but I haven't seen any evidence of this and it was also a failing in quite a few games last year iirc.

Regarding your point about greater fitness being our strategic advantage, in key games last year we conceded crucial late goals against Leicester ( home and away ), Arsenal (home and away ) and Chelsea (away). I don't recall us scoring late crucial goals ourselves against any of our key rivals. I don't think we can rely on greater fitness to carry us through in games and would instead prefer us to take a winning advantage at half time into games and then let our fitness become a telling factor rather than the other way round.

I agree with you in Wanyama though. Sissiko too IMO.

My point on our strategic advantage being fitness is in the application of our pressing, which begets the intensity, the disruption of the oppositions' game plan and gives us the space to play in when we recover the ball. If we aren't quite quite there yet in being able to do it for 90 mins, it's something that may affect us disproportionally compared to other teams.

Which is why I can understand Poch looking to play players into form. Kane may well just need to hit his peak to start really showing what he can do again. We didn't start last season that well either, certainly not as good as we were once the season truly got into full swing. Kane took a while to warm up, we didn't have key players like Alli in the team from the start, Lamela wasn't assured of his place at the club, Son was adjusting to the league. I remember the Stoke 2-2 draw last year where we just totally fell to bits, totally uncharacteristic of us given what we would demonstrate later in the season. So I think we just need to a certain level of conditioning to really hit our stride.

Of course we also need to not fall away in the final games of the season as well, and let's hope that having a deeper said with true Dier and Kane alternatives in particular, plus real depth from the likes of Sissoko, hopefully we're gonna be ok.

My point on our strategic advantage being fitness is in the application of our pressing, which begets the intensity, the disruption of the oppositions' game plan and gives us the space to play in when we recover the ball. If we aren't quite quite there yet in being able to do it for 90 mins, it's something that may affect us disproportionally compared to other teams.

Which is why I can understand Poch looking to play players into form. Kane may well just need to hit his peak to start really showing what he can do again. We didn't start last season that well either, certainly not as good as we were once the season truly got into full swing. Kane took a while to warm up, we didn't have key players like Alli in the team from the start, Lamela wasn't assured of his place at the club, Son was adjusting to the league. I remember the Stoke 2-2 draw last year where we just totally fell to bits, totally uncharacteristic of us given what we would demonstrate later in the season. So I think we just need to a certain level of conditioning to really hit our stride.

Of course we also need to not fall away in the final games of the season as well, and let's hope that having a deeper said with true Dier and Kane alternatives in particular, plus real depth from the likes of Sissoko, hopefully we're gonna be ok.

But none of that shows how Poch is addressing our poor first half performances in EVERY game this season.

Back