• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

He's getting in decent positions and having shots.

I can't really complain about that, especially when teams are sitting back ten on the edge of their own box.

Reminds me of taarabt a bit the way he hardly ever looks up think he's over rated on here

Hm, Shots per game, don't know about you, but I prefer someone with a good goals per game record it tends to be more useful . Unlike ALL the others on the list, he has not scored a single PL goal.

Goals scored over a sample size of 4 matches is just about as useless as a stat can get.

Yeah i'm pretty sure Townsend will end up close to or above double figures for goals in the league this season.

Yeah i'm pretty sure Townsend will end up close to or above double figures for goals in the league this season.

That would surprise me, mainly because I think he won't get as much playing time when players return from injury, gain match fitness and are properly integrated in the side.

Wow that didn't take much. Lennon has been a mainstay ever since we started to turn around from a team who usually were mucking around with the other midtable dross.

Let's see Azza back, see how he plays with the new team and then decide. I think Lennon might be reborn in this new look side.

Yeah, I wouldn't write him off. He's good at knitting play with his passing and movement. Could look good around Lamela, Hotlby, Eriksen and the rest. I feel sorry for these wide guys, I think once Lamela settles they'll be fighting for one first team place. Not much in it between Sig, Townsend and Lennon from what I've seen. Chadli I've not seen enough of.

For the past few seasons, Lennon being out would unsettle our team but with Townsend we have a pretty decent replacement. He is rapid, not afraid to shoot or take people on and for me works better with KW than Lennon ever did. He is greedy but soon Lennon will be fit and Lamela will have bedded in and knowing this he rightly is trying to make the most of his chance now.

He just needs a bit of coaching and I am sure he'll stay an important squad player and imo I'd have him ahead of Lennon in the team.

Ah so you were getting at him!

My fault for posting that stat for a bit of fun!

Well, I did quote his post and reply about goals scored, not shots taken :)

I had no problems with you posting those stats, it confirmed what we've all seen. Townsend has taken a lot of shots in the games he's played so far. I did get the way you brought it up in as well, but I thought Colin considered it valid criticism of Townsend.

Well, I did quote his post and reply about goals scored, not shots taken :)

I had no problems with you posting those stats, it confirmed what we've all seen. Townsend has taken a lot of shots in the games he's played so far. I did get the way you brought it up in as well, but I thought Colin considered it valid criticism of Townsend.

Time to move on! :lol:

Nice one Andros, holding your hands-up and admitting what you have done and having the awareness to know you must stop it, is refreshing and a step in the right direction. (has torres come out and said anything tis morning?)................................

Sky Sports...

Andros Townsend has pledged to eradicate diving from his game after being booked for simulation in Tottenham's 1-1 draw with Chelsea.

The midfielder revealed that he apologised to referee Mike Dean after he feigned being tripped by Frank Lampard in a heated derby at White Hart Lane.
Townsend admitted he deserved a yellow card for the offence, and he has vowed to clean up his act.
"It was definitely a yellow card. I deserved it," the Spurs winger said.
"You make mistakes and that dive was a mistake. I apologised to the ref. I said to him at half-time that I thoroughly deserved it and hopefully I won't do that again.
"I have got to kick it out of my game."

Nice one Andros, holding your hands-up and admitting what you have done and having the awareness to know you must stop it, is refreshing and a step in the right direction. (has torres come out and said anything tis morning?)................................

Sky Sports...

Andros Townsend has pledged to eradicate diving from his game after being booked for simulation in Tottenham's 1-1 draw with Chelsea.

The midfielder revealed that he apologised to referee Mike Dean after he feigned being tripped by Frank Lampard in a heated derby at White Hart Lane.
Townsend admitted he deserved a yellow card for the offence, and he has vowed to clean up his act.
"You make mistakes and that dive was a mistake. I apologised to the ref. I said to him at half-time that I thoroughly deserved it and hopefully I won't do that again.

Well done Andros, excellent attitude.

Also, just to note that the reason he dived was at the less cynical end of the scale - he'd lost control of the ball and saw it was going to an opponent in open space in midfield and he panicked and went down. He wasn't trying to win a pen or get someone booked, he was just covering his ass. Not acceptable, but less hideous than Young's the week before for example.

Well done Andros, excellent attitude.

Also, just to note that the reason he dived was at the less cynical end of the scale - he'd lost control of the ball and saw it was going to an opponent in open space in midfield and he panicked and went down. He wasn't trying to win a pen or get someone booked, he was just covering his ass. Not acceptable, but less hideous than Young's the week before for example.

Fantastic attitude from the kid.

Sky Sports...

Good to see. As much as I hate Chelsea, I don't want Spurs players to dive to win free kicks and thus get players booked and stoop to their level.

Hats off to the lad, he's really striving on all fronts to prove his quality...have to say I concur with KD that Lampard's response is very decent and how nice it is to see that amidst some of the bull**** from Saturday, footballers can be honest AND decent to each other. But yes...well done Mr Townsend, another step forwards that I never saw coming.

Back