• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

gonads! Do you not remember the kneejerking after the Saudi Sportswashing Machine away game?

Or how about after the first two league games?

And WHO was knee-jerking then?

Plenty of US knew that after those 'first two league games of the season' we'd be fine once Modric, Parker and Adebayor were in place, plenty of US knew those first two results were false positions, plenty of US knew that City was not a 1-5 game and that at United we held our own DESPITE EVERYTHING until the last 20 mins.

So I'm sure SOME people might have knee-jerked, but not 'us'...the only time I have 'knee-jerked' was last Feb at the scumirates. I was against the selection before the game and I was against not just the way we lost the game but the absolute cluelessness afterwards, and subsequent reactions.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine away being because he shifted our best player to right midfield?

I haven't read the OMT for today but I'll guess that 95% of people were happy with the lineup. If you're hapy with the lineup then I don't see how you can complain about the manager afterwards unless he didn't something drastically stupid during it.

Don't get this part?

I was very happy with the lineup, I wanted Dawson and Caulker in the middle with Verts at left back. As I've said many times, the substitutions are what I've been most disappointed with, today included. Thought he was a step up from Harry tactically. You've gotta admit, our performances at home have been poor for the most part. I know we've lost players from last season, but we've still got quality in our side. Most teams would love to have Bale, Lennon, Defoe and Dembele so we've still got enough about us to play more entertaining football than we have done so far.

Memory loss ? or did I just touch a nerve. I didnt mention anyone by name so obviously you see yourself as one of the people im talking about. If you are going to deny people were criticising Harry all of last season (and the others) then there is just no point debating with you. In fact there isn't anyway, I already know you lie and make stuff up based on PMs.

You are a mod, you should remember. It drove people like MK and Mick crazy having to reply to these idiots.

:lol:

You already have me in your sights. Your last comment only tells me that you are out of your depth when it comes to accurate commentary on anything regarding this club. I should know better.

And WHO was knee-jerking then?

Plenty of US knew that after those 'first two league games of the season' we'd be fine once Modric, Parker and Adebayor were in place, plenty of US knew those first two results were false positions, plenty of US knew that City was not a 1-5 game and that at United we held our own DESPITE EVERYTHING until the last 20 mins.

So I'm sure SOME people might have knee-jerked, but not 'us'...the only time I have 'knee-jerked' was last Feb at the scumirates. I was against the selection before the game and I was against not just the way we lost the game but the absolute cluelessness afterwards, and subsequent reactions.

I never mentioned anyone by name.

And people were calling for Harry to be sacked after the first two games last season, you're just choosing to ignore it.

And people were calling for Harry to be sacked after the first two games last season, you're just choosing to ignore it.

I didn't 'choose to ignore anything' I frankly wouldn't have paid attention to such gonads so early.

Other than some weird turnaround stuff regarding Modric in the last week of the August window, I was excited by last season and felt Redknapp had a shot at leading us to a title as it was the third year that nucleus of players had been together and Parker/Adebayor were excellent additions on his part.

The only reason I get so involved in these, ahem, 'discussions', is because they are turning into witch-hunts with agendas that lack both context and accurate memory or perspective. Not necessarily you, although you often side with that 'camp' (I have enjoyed some healthier discussions with you TBF).

It's just sad really, all of it. There are clearly people on this forum who will only be happy if they are proven right and AVB fails. That, to me, is beyond weird.

You don't even remember what was being said here when we were in third! You don't even remember who thought what! Don't try that one!
As for focussing on 'ridiculously minor things' would that include the ever-so-slightly reasonable request of keeping one's fudging eyes on the job they HAD for three months? I will speak for myself. If that makes me 'unreasonable' or 'stupid' or even 'bias' then make me a fudging t-shirt and I will proudly wear it!

I have never ever felt this before, but if this bloke does get us into the CL this season, I will be delighted for more than the obvious reason!

1. How do you know what I remember. Strangest point you've ever made, and you know IMO you've made a few of those !

2. You make an assumption that the reason we had a slump is solely down to Redknapp being distracted by the England job. In your little world is there no possibility that it couldnt have been coincidence ? no course not, why take away a good chance to have a dig at Redknapp eh ?

3. If we finish top 4, FANTASTIC. I'll be the first one here giving praise to AVB, I've never made a post with there being a good amount of reason behind it. So if we come 4th, it will probably mean performances picked up and AVB met his target. That to me warrants praise. However, I dont exactly see you at the moment accepting he isnt doing well enough when there is a good amount of evidence to do so - that to me makes it obvious you are bias. And if I'm wrong, go ahead and do an honest assessment of the season so far...

:lol:

You already have me in your sights. Your last comment only tells me that you are out of your depth when it comes to accurate commentary on anything regarding this club. I should know better.

Yet I make point after point based on the performances and evidence of the whole season so far. You are barely talking about the club. Stop looking for a petty slanging match and start talking about the points I have made that are wrong. I've not said anything other than the obvious honest truth so far.

However all I ever see from you is denials and made up twisted stuff that when I slightly question you about, you fold straight away and cant back it up. I eagerly await your response telling me you have a source at the club so you're right and im wrong. *yawn*

That was based on what he did for the previous 3 seasons.
People are judging AVB on a few games with a team he inherited and by what idiots on talksport say about him.

I don't know what to say, I think it's a nice mix of delusion and hypocritical teary-eyed crap. You'd think AVB had Barca sitting in 5th place the way some of you go on, you need to wake up and realise we're a decent team and that's it. Spurs fans cried about wanting two up front and how AVB was ruining their precious Spurs, he goes two up front and when it doesn't work the fans moan, he goes with the team that most fans wanted before the game but when we don't win, the fans blame him. We didn't allow Stoke many chances, we controlled the game but because Lennon, Defoe, Bale and Adebayor are incapable of carving open a turkey let alone a 10 man defence it's AVB's fault we didn't win. Priceless.

What was the score and performance like last season vs Stoke by the way? Anyone?

=D>

Honestly, some of the criticisms of the manager on the internet and on a forum such as this, has me wondering about the authenticity of the 'fan' behind the screen.

I actually had a great stream of today's match, with the added bonus of no commentary and the WHL crowd were in great voice. My cousin popped round to mine on his way home from the game and he said much the same . The fans could see the players AVB had chosen, were giving everything .

Ade and Defoe, against the parking of the bus kings, is not likely to happen unless we get a goal early on from either of them or from another player. Our strike options need upgrading , give us a RVP , a Rooney, or a Tevez , an Agureo, perhaps not the latter two as they couldn't score against the Reading parked bus, and only a Gareth Barry dodgy looking goal bailed them out in injury time .

It just seems some of you expect to see us hit cricket scores against teams out of the top four or five, that they should be fodder for the great Tottenham Hotspur, just like they were under Harry . Can I have some of that your smoking ? .

Facts , AVB has a winning formula that is hindered by the front two . Defoe has not scored a goal in eight of our last ten games and Ade, has he scored yet ?

Levy has to give AVB his forwards and if they're decent , I believe our performances will not only improve but they will help us to surpass 70 points with great style to our play. It may not happen this season if we don't get the required quality upfront but I'm hoping we can get there if perhaps we can do something in January. If not, we can then do an Abramovich and hang a young manager like some of you clearly want.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine away being because he shifted our best player to right midfield?

I haven't read the OMT for today but I'll guess that 95% of people were happy with the lineup. If you're hapy with the lineup then I don't see how you can complain about the manager afterwards unless he didn't something drastically stupid during it.

WOW. So not only have you made a stupid comment about the manager role starting and stopping with the lineup (do we not do tactics any more ?) you have actually gone ahead and blamed redknapp for something, but you dont want anyone blaming AVB if he does something similar ?

Is not the exact proof im looking for when I mentioned "the same people" and "goal posts have changed for AVB compared to HR".

1. How do you know what I remember. Strangest point you've ever made, and you know IMO you've made a few of those !

2. You make an assumption that the reason we had a slump is solely down to Redknapp being distracted by the England job. In your little world is there no possibility that it couldnt have been coincidence ? no course not, why take away a good chance to have a dig at Redknapp eh ?

3. If we finish top 4, FANTASTIC. I'll be the first one here giving praise to AVB, I've never made a post with there being a good amount of reason behind it. So if we come 4th, it will probably mean performances picked up and AVB met his target. That to me warrants praise. However, I dont exactly see you at the moment accepting he isnt doing well enough when there is a good amount of evidence to do so - that to me makes it obvious you are bias. And if I'm wrong, go ahead and do an honest assessment of the season so far...

1. No opinion, dig them out! Anything up to (and including) Newcash at home. Anything regarding his bizarre behaviour in the last week of the window with regards to Modric doesn't count because if I didn't criticize him directly on this forum for that behaviour, I was certainly critical.

2. No no NO! NOT just 'down to the England job' don't you remember, we've ben through this dance when I was filling your eyes with lies in PMs. What about his court case? The one which took his attention the PREVIOUS last half season as he prepared his defence for LAST January? That absolutely was a factor, but he deserved our support as he was our manager and he was 'innocent'...and yes, after all the quiet support he got from the club in dealing with his case, the second England put the job on the block early, he was halfway out the door. I'd say (and said) there were a couple of factors, but yes, the England one was massive. But 'could it have been a coincidence in my little world'? Oh sure! Why not! You're absolutely right and I am a liar! Sorry Harry, that 9-12 week 'coincidence' had me thinking it was your fault.

3) Virtually the ONLY posts you put up here are critical, negative and defend the previous manager. I've assessed what AVB's done and dealt with so far this season in numerous places, so you can dig around if you want, but the fact remains he could brick medals all over WHL and we could wipe the floor with teams for the next two to three months, in your eyes it will be to do with something other than him.

Don't get this part?

I was very happy with the lineup, I wanted Dawson and Caulker in the middle with Verts at left back. As I've said many times, the substitutions are what I've been most disappointed with, today included. Thought he was a step up from Harry tactically. You've gotta admit, our performances at home have been poor for the most part. I know we've lost players from last season, but we've still got quality in our side. Most teams would love to have Bale, Lennon, Defoe and Dembele so we've still got enough about us to play more entertaining football than we have done so far.

He moved Modric to right wing did he not? That was the basis for the criticism Harry received after the game. If AVB did something similar then I'd expect the same for him but he hasn't.

As for golfball, you brought up Harry and last season in one of your previous posts so I added to it and as for the tactics, you don't know what the tactics are unless you have access to AVB's notepad.

=D>

Honestly, some of the criticisms of the manager on the internet and on a forum such as this, has me wondering about the authenticity of the 'fan' behind the screen.

I actually had a great stream of today's match, with the added bonus of no commentary and the WHL crowd were in great voice. My cousin popped round to mine on his way home from the game and he said much the same . The fans could see the players AVB had chosen, were giving everything .

Ade and Defoe, against the parking of the bus kings, is not likely to happen unless we get a goal early on from either of them or from another player. Our strike options need upgrading , give us a RVP , a Rooney, or a Tevez , an Agureo, perhaps not the latter two as they couldn't score against the Reading parked bus, and only a Gareth Barry dodgy looking goal bailed them out in injury time .

It just seems some of you expect to see us hit cricket scores against teams out of the top four or five, that they should be fodder for the great Tottenham Hotspur, just like they were under Harry . Can I have some of that your smoking ? .

Facts , AVB has a winning formula that is hindered by the front two . Defoe has not scored a goal in eight of our last ten games and Ade, has he scored yet ?

Levy has to give AVB his forwards and if they're decent , I believe our performances will not only improve but they will help us to surpass 70 points with great style to our play. It may not happen this season if we don't get the required quality upfront but I'm hoping we can get there if perhaps we can do something in January. If not, we can then do an Abramovich and hang a young manager like some of you clearly want.

:ross:

again... WOW. AVB has a winning formula but it doesnt work with our players. JESUS. I mean lets forget the fact we're talking about Adebayor and Defoe here (2 fantastic players) but why would a manager play a system that doesnt suit the players he currently has? The delusion has just reached a new level.

I could be a premier league manager as well going by this criteria, I mean I wouldnt be able do very well at the moment, but when my winning formula gets implemented then I would be great.

PS my winning formula involves Messi, Ronaldo, Vidic (you get the point right ?). Quite simply you can make excuses for the worst manager ever simply by saying he didnt have the players he wanted. Most managers never do though, its what separates the good from the bad.

Yet I make point after point based on the performances and evidence of the whole season so far. You are barely talking about the club. Stop looking for a petty slanging match and start talking about the points I have made that are wrong. I've not said anything other than the obvious honest truth so far.

However all I ever see from you is denials and made up twisted stuff that when I slightly question you about, you fold straight away and cant back it up. I eagerly await your response telling me you have a source at the club so you're right and im wrong. *yawn*

Your inability to contextualize anything makes debate useless. If you want to see my thoughts on what he's done, go back and read some of the long debated points Suiyha and I exchanged a few days ago regarding AVB. It's all there.

And you mention 'stop looking for a petty slanging match' :ross:
It's about the only thing you can get your teeth into because rational, logical appraisal of AVB's tenure versus turnover versus injuries versus results versus current position are obviously too far beyond your comprehension. I didn't need to call my mate to tell you that BTW...:lol:

He moved Modric to right wing did he not? That was the basis for the criticism Harry received after the game. If AVB did something similar then I'd expect the same for him but he hasn't.

As for golfball, you brought up Harry and last season in one of your previous posts so I added to it and as for the tactics, you don't know what the tactics are unless you have access to AVB's notepad.

I brought up Harry in context to my point about people slated Harry but apologise for AVB. Your point actually worked more in my favour, you mentioned Stoke last season and Harry got slated. Now the same people make excuses for AVB after the same thing happened. So, thanks for bringing that up.

As for AVBs tactics, you are right its difficult to know what the manager asks for. But its easy to see what we end up with, and what we are ending up with is a dull performance from some top players. Its because we have these top players and we know from previous seasons what they are capable of that it is quite easy to now point the finger at AVBs tactics.

I brought up Harry in context to my point about people slated Harry but apologise for AVB. Your point actually worked more in my favour, you mentioned Stoke last season and Harry got slated. Now the same people make excuses for AVB after the same thing happened. So, thanks for bringing that up.

As for AVBs tactics, you are right its difficult to know what the manager asks for. But its easy to see what we end up with, and what we are ending up with is a dull performance from some top players. Its because we have these top players and we know from previous seasons what they are capable of that it is quite easy to now point the finger at AVBs tactics.

Largely due to Modric and VDV.

Can I ask what the people 'against' AVB want him to have done today? And whether they think it was a really obvious thing to do that the manager has just missed? I mean, what really is there?

He picked a good team. Dawson, Caulker and Vertonghen were all on the pitch and where they should have been to combat Stoke's height. Ade and Defoe picked up top firstly to give us two up top at home (which most fans clamoured for after the start to the season) and also to use Ade's height to defend set pieces. Midfield picked itself. What exactly should the manager have done differently? We limited Stoke to sod all, but when it comes to scoring goals there also isn't much he can do there. He's picked a good team. He's prepared them in a thoroughly detailed manner, and unfortunately we wasn't able to break down a team with one of the best defensive records in Europe, that came to show zero ambition for the entire game.

So again, what exactly could he have done? How exactly are phrases such as 'It's clear he isn't doing a very good job' when we are in touching distance of third place in any way supposed to be taken seriously? The only way it's done, is by holding the games earlier in the season against him, when he was introducing a new playing style and ignoring the fact that performances have since then improved.

:ross:

again... WOW. AVB has a winning formula but it doesnt work with our players. JESUS. I mean lets forget the fact we're talking about Adebayor and Defoe here (2 fantastic players) but why would a manager play a system that doesnt suit the players he currently has? The delusion has just reached a new level.

I could be a premier league manager as well going by this criteria, I mean I wouldnt be able do very well at the moment, but when my winning formula gets implemented then I would be great.

PS my winning formula involves Messi, Ronaldo, Vidic (you get the point right ?). Quite simply you can make excuses for the worst manager ever simply by saying he didnt have the players he wanted. Most managers never do though, its what separates the good from the bad.

It needs tweaking is my point but your blind to the positives because your Harry was asked to go. If your Harry was still at the helm I would be saying the same thing.

Tottenham Hotspur 1 Stoke City 1

van der Vaart 90+3 Jerome 75

Can I ask what the people 'against' AVB want him to have done today? And whether they think it was a really obvious thing to do that the manager has just missed? I mean, what really is there?

He picked a good team. Dawson, Caulker and Vertonghen were all on the pitch and where they should have been to combat Stoke's height. Ade and Defoe picked up top firstly to give us two up top at home (which most fans clamoured for after the start to the season) and also to use Ade's height to defend set pieces. Midfield picked itself. What exactly should the manager have done differently? We limited Stoke to sod all, but when it comes to scoring goals there also isn't much he can do there. He's picked a good team. He's prepared them in a thoroughly detailed manner, and unfortunately we wasn't able to break down a team with one of the best defensive records in Europe, that came to show zero ambition for the entire game.

So again, what exactly could he have done? How exactly are phrases such as 'It's clear he isn't doing a very good job' when we are in touching distance of third place in any way supposed to be taken seriously? The only way it's done, is by holding the games earlier in the season against him, when he was introducing a new playing style and ignoring the fact that performances have since then improved.

Apparently just saying his tactics were wrong is good enough, I'm not quite sure what that means exactly but it seems to work for some posters in this thread.

Back