• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Some embarrassing posts in this thread. When we win it's well done players, when we don't it's AVB's fault. Pathetic.

Some embarrassing posts in this thread. When we win it's well done players, when we don't it's AVB's fault. Pathetic.

It's both, well it should be anyway. I think were on course to finish 5th, don't see us getting above Arsenal unless we sign a striker and a creative midfielder. I do feel for AVB in the sense that he was let down in the last transfer window.

The embarrassing posts are the ones pretending there is no problem and AVB is doing a good enough job. It is quite clear AVB is not doing good enough. It's a shame, he is a nice guy, but if we have a thread to discuss him why should we have to be nice and close our eyes ?

If he was doing a great job, then you'd have every right to criticise these people.

I mean some weird posts in here, talking about we only see the negatives. Seriously ? some people lack the ability to see we are discussing the overall conclusion, we're not just ignoring positives, its just the overall conclusion based on what we have seen so far is negative - and it has nothing to do with todays result and everything to do with the whole of the season.

We had a great result at Man Utd - big positive. But results are starting to lean on the negative side, majorly negative at home and only going to get worse when you consider man utd, Emirates Marketing Project, arsenal, everton (the current top 4) still have to come to us. Performances are poor, we havent even dominated most games like people are trying to claim. The worst part about our performance is the inability to create - thats not just based on today, its the same almost every home game.

So overall, based on where we should be and what these players should be producing we are below par. Im sure there are plenty of things that might be positive, but if the overall outcome is a poor performance who cares if we press 20% better than we did last season etc etc

There are definitely people who already know their opinion before the evidence is seen, however you cant accuse the negative people of this at the moment. If things improve and we become amazing, and I come along and criticise AVB - then it would be clear I had a pre-conceived idea and im just sticking to it.... but for people to find that out we're going to have to start doing really well. So far its not that great, yet there are a certain group of people who have their eyes closed to this... although people wanting to be a bit different on here is nothing new. So far all we have seen is ridiculous claims from people not wanting to criticise AVB, I admire the loyal support, but its pretty pointless if we are to have a thread to discuss him and we cant just be honest.

Not sure how as this thread is littered with people on here coming round to AVB and actually acknowledging that he is doing some things right. Dont selectively read the posts. In a nutshell there have been good signs from AVB and bricky signs both have been discussed on here. Yeah there are one or two who dont like AVB but the majority arent in that camp

What I dont get is a post like yours - you expect no one to come forward and critique a Managers performance? A Manager is not perfect but one point that still crops up is 'why are our performance so Jekyll and Hyde in one game'? This is a question that has cropped up time and time again in line with the many Jeyll and Hyde halves in a number of games. Today was a perfect example of that - someone said that it was the switch of Bale and Lennon - I dont think that was the case I think we just played with a little more freedom less rigidity and greater purpose in actually trying to win the game rather than trying not to lose it. Trying not to lose a game wont make you successful trying to win a game will give you a far greater chance of success.

So no it aint pathetic in fact what would be pathetic would be to brush all the bad points under a carpet and only focus on the positives. Focussing on the positives wont improve the negatives and certainly wont take us forward. I can be high and mighty like your post and not critique a Manager, I can also do that when I undertake staff appraisals at work but a) is that really being honest? and b) is that really productive? in both cases no.

Not sure how as this thread is littered with people on here coming round to AVB and actually acknowledging that he is doing some things right. Dont selectively read the posts. In a nutshell there have been good signs from AVB and bricky signs both have been discussed on here. Yeah there are one or two who dont like AVB but the majority arent in that camp

What I dont get is a post like yours - you expect no one to come forward and critique a Managers performance? A Manager is not perfect but one point that still crops up is 'why are our performance so Jekyll and Hyde in one game'? This is a question that has cropped up time and time again in line with the many Jeyll and Hyde halves in a number of games. Today was a perfect example of that - someone said that it was the switch of Bale and Lennon - I dont think that was the case I think we just played with a little more freedom less rigidity and greater purpose in actually trying to win the game rather than trying not to lose it. Trying not to lose a game wont make you successful trying to win a game will give you a far greater chance of success.

So no it aint pathetic in fact what would be pathetic would be to brush all the bad points under a carpet and only focus on the positives. Focussing on the positives wont improve the negatives and certainly wont take us forward. I can be high and mighty like your post and not critique a Manager, I can also do that when I undertake staff appraisals at work but a) is that really being honest? and b) is that really productive? in both cases no.

What makes it worse is it is almost exactly the same people who moaned about Redknapp - even when flying in 3rd, who now want us to focus on positives and not criticise the manager. If only they hadn't focussed on ridiculously minor things out of HRs hands, then they wouldnt look so stupid and bias now.

If AVB has us in 3rd place and "the team to watch" and we go and have a bad result with 50 sitters missed, if I come along and blame him for it I would deserve endless amounts of abuse. However I think there is even less chance of us getting into that position than there would be of me making that post.

The embarrassing posts are the ones pretending there is no problem and AVB is doing a good enough job. It is quite clear AVB is not doing good enough. It's a shame, he is a nice guy, but if we have a thread to discuss him why should we have to be nice and close our eyes ?

If he was doing a great job, then you'd have every right to criticise these people.

I mean some weird posts in here, talking about we only see the negatives. Seriously ? some people lack the ability to see we are discussing the overall conclusion, we're not just ignoring positives, its just the overall conclusion based on what we have seen so far is negative - and it has nothing to do with todays result and everything to do with the whole of the season.

We had a great result at Man Utd - big positive. But results are starting to lean on the negative side, majorly negative at home and only going to get worse when you consider man utd, Emirates Marketing Project, arsenal, everton (the current top 4) still have to come to us. Performances are poor, we havent even dominated most games like people are trying to claim. The worst part about our performance is the inability to create - thats not just based on today, its the same almost every home game.

So overall, based on where we should be and what these players should be producing we are below par. Im sure there are plenty of things that might be positive, but if the overall outcome is a poor performance who cares if we press 20% better than we did last season etc etc

There are definitely people who already know their opinion before the evidence is seen, however you cant accuse the negative people of this at the moment.If things improve and we become amazing, and I come along and criticise AVB - then it would be clear I had a pre-conceived idea and im just sticking to it.... but for people to find that out we're going to have to start doing really well. So far its not that great, yet there are a certain group of people who have their eyes closed to this... although people wanting to be a bit different on here is nothing new. So far all we have seen is ridiculous claims from people not wanting to criticise AVB, I admire the loyal support, but its pretty pointless if we are to have a thread to discuss him and we cant just be honest.

I've highlit the spine of your post.
You need to re-read it without all the other stuff.
And you then need to consider who it's directed at...BTW, the top 4 as you have detailed it there, is highly disengenuous. Three teams on the same points. Hardly insurmountable.

What makes it worse is it is almost exactly the same people who moaned about Redknapp - even when flying in 3rd, who now want us to focus on positives and not criticise the manager. If only they hadn't focussed on ridiculously minor things out of HRs hands, then they wouldnt look so stupid and bias now.

If AVB has us in 3rd place and "the team to watch" and we go and have a bad result with 50 sitters missed, if I come along and blame him for it I would deserve endless amounts of abuse. However I think there is even less chance of us getting into that position than there would be of me making that post.

=D>

There was MASSIVE kneejerking on this forum last season when we drew away at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, who were flying at the time, and we never win there anyway. And that was also after a run of 4 wins (one of which was against Arsenal) and a draw.

You don't even remember what was being said here when we were in third! You don't even remember who thought what! Don't try that one!
As for focussing on 'ridiculously minor things' would that include the ever-so-slightly reasonable request of keeping one's fudging eyes on the job they HAD for three months? I will speak for myself. If that makes me 'unreasonable' or 'stupid' or even 'bias' then make me a fudging t-shirt and I will proudly wear it!

I have never ever felt this before, but if this bloke does get us into the CL this season, I will be delighted for more than the obvious reason!

I don't know what to say, I think it's a nice mix of delusion and hypocritical teary-eyed crap. You'd think AVB had Barca sitting in 5th place the way some of you go on, you need to wake up and realise we're a decent team and that's it. Spurs fans cried about wanting two up front and how AVB was ruining their precious Spurs, he goes two up front and when it doesn't work the fans moan, he goes with the team that most fans wanted before the game but when we don't win, the fans blame him. We didn't allow Stoke many chances, we controlled the game but because Lennon, Defoe, Bale and Adebayor are incapable of carving open a turkey let alone a 10 man defence it's AVB's fault we didn't win. Priceless.

What was the score and performance like last season vs Stoke by the way? Anyone?

I think you're an anomaly though mate. You ask genuine questions and have moved on from the past. I always enjoy thinking about what you're asking, sometimes it's insightful as I'm sure you sometimes find some people's answers. As I'm sure you can see, it isn't always so...

I don't know what to say, I think it's a nice mix of delusion and hypocritical teary-eyed crap. You'd think AVB had Barca sitting in 5th place the way some of you go on, you need to wake up and realise we're a decent team and that's it. Spurs fans cried about wanting two up front and how AVB was ruining their precious Spurs, he goes two up front and when it doesn't work the fans moan, he goes with the team that most fans wanted before the game but when we don't win, the fans blame him. We didn't allow Stoke many chances, we controlled the game but because Lennon, Defoe, Bale and Adebayor are incapable of carving open a turkey let alone a 10 man defence it's AVB's fault we didn't win. Priceless.

What was the score and performance like last season vs Stoke by the way? Anyone?

Apparently though, we absolutely coated Harry all of last season, even when we were 'flying high in third'...JK Rowling couldn't make it up...

Exactly, the last manager was criticised for it, as should this manager.

I agree, people wanted two up front, now they've got what they asked for, it's not good enough.

As I've said before, were on course for 5th, unless we sign another striker and a creative midfielder. 5th would be a good season. I expect us to finish above West Brom and Everton, were better than them.

gonads! Do you not remember the kneejerking after the Saudi Sportswashing Machine away game?

Or how about after the first two league games?

Saudi Sportswashing Machine away being because he shifted our best player to right midfield?

I haven't read the OMT for today but I'll guess that 95% of people were happy with the lineup. If you're hapy with the lineup then I don't see how you can complain about the manager afterwards unless he didn't something drastically stupid during it.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine away being because he shifted our best player to right midfield?

I haven't read the OMT for today but I'll guess that 95% of people were happy with the lineup. If you're hapy with the lineup then I don't see how you can complain about the manager afterwards unless he didn't something drastically stupid during it.

Ok that's good for me as i didn't like the line up much (well certain parts anyway as i wanted 2 up top).

IMO worst post in the thread. Irrelevant point after irrelevant point. What has anything from last season got to do with the AVB thread ? Because we were brick in a game last season it makes it acceptable to be brick this season in the same game ? This is the AVB thread, not the stoke game thread.

We're just a decent team are we ? ok lets just go back to accepting mid-table. Have you even considered it is AVBs tactics and system that also should be responsible for creating chances? Those players we know are capable. It seems the goal posts have changed this season, the manager is suddenly responsible for nothing!!!

I find it unbelievable you think these poor performances (which are not 1 offs) are simply down to the players and the manager can do no more. Wake up, it is the managers job to get these guys playing well and in a system that allows them to create.

Apparently though, we absolutely coated Harry all of last season, even when we were 'flying high in third'...JK Rowling couldn't make it up...

Memory loss ? or did I just touch a nerve. I didnt mention anyone by name so obviously you see yourself as one of the people im talking about. If you are going to deny people were criticising Harry all of last season (and the others) then there is just no point debating with you. In fact there isn't anyway, I already know you lie and make stuff up based on PMs.

You are a mod, you should remember. It drove people like MK and Mick crazy having to reply to these idiots.

Back