• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

And the end of year award for strangest post has a new run away leader.

Lets swap our awful squad with West Brom shall we?

I mean its not like Bale, Lennon, dembele, sandro, Ade, Defoe are any good is it?

Sorry when did I say that?! Do you understand the difference between the team and the squad?!

Also, I would say West brom have better attacking depth than we do.

Imho we are always going to struggle if we stand around like statues. Our strikers have a serious lack of understanding with each other. In a game like this ade needs to step up and bully people. Fact is until we get some forwards with any idea then we are always going to struggle.

I wonder what today's excuses will be. How long before some people just admit we aren't playing as a team, the manager is responsible for this, it's the same every week and nothing is changing. Unless we have a miraculous turn around in performances (which we currently have no signs that this will happen) then we all know how AVBs Spurs career turns out.

Redknapp lost to stoke away and drew twice with them at home(one going to pens) last season.
This result is nothing to do with either manager.
Stoke are set up to deal with crosses with Huth and Shawcross being heading machines.
Tottenham are set up to play with wingers and rely on crosses.
Unless we get rid of our wingers this will always happen.

I would like to hear the pros of a Parker for Dembele substitution when you're drawing at home?

Funny thing is didnt Harry makes a similiar sub last season against villa and WE WERE DOWN TO TEN MEN - wasnt he vilified for it?

People on here are gonna say - oh DHSF you dont like AVB or oh youre a Harry lover or whatever but that simply isnt the case. I quite like AVB and im well past the Harry thing so its all a clean slate. Jordinho - your post makes a point that is completely unfounded. For example Sig and Dempsey I fudgein hate them I think theyre brick but I have acknowledged that their performances have improved - especially in Dempseys case. People are basing their views on the here and now and not what happened last season.

What i am utterly tinkled off about are 45 minute performances and I dont buy in to the whole 'because the other team doesnt let us'. Stoke did nothing differently in the second half today as they did in the first - we upped our game and played much better. Why the fudge did we not play to a similiar level in the first half? Giving us 45 minutes to win a game reduces our chances by 50%. Today first half was pathetic second half was much better. So if we are to acknowledge AVB for the turnaround we have also got to ask questions why the first half was utter shocking.

Bear in mind this isnt exactly jumping on the bandwagon because its happened too many fudging times. Its tactics and not players.

I don't really care for the whole branding people as part of a camp, but some of the posts in the OMT are just laughable.

Some don't like AVB for whatever reasons, and maybe even want him to fail, but we were not brick today and he is quite clearly not clueless about tactics. When you only want to see the negatives it must get really boring. Always trying to find reasons to call him a failure, never acknowledging anything positive.

You see it with certain players as well, the poster has decided in advance that a player isn't good enough and will spend his time picking their performances apart to find something to justify his criticisms.

His switch of Lennon and Bale to opposite flanks changed the game today. We should have won the game during that period in the second half.

"very few chances in this game" says neutral Phil Thompson.

Sky sports now talking about the amount of creative players we have but created very little and only real chance being Sigurddson.

So how exactly can we "absolutely dominate" a game when we made the GK make 1 save?

"very few chances in this game" says neutral Phil Thompson.

Sky sports now talking about the amount of creative players we have but created very little and only real chance being Sigurddson.

So how exactly can we "absolutely dominate" a game when we made the GK make 1 save?

Because Dominate means 'To Control.'

We controlled the game, however we didn;t make our control of the game count for much.

Funny thing is didnt Harry makes a similiar sub last season against villa and WE WERE DOWN TO TEN MEN - wasnt he vilified for it?

People on here are gonna say - oh DHSF you dont like AVB or oh youre a Harry lover or whatever but that simply isnt the case. I quite like AVB and im well past the Harry thing so its all a clean slate. Jordinho - your post makes a point that is completely unfounded. For example Sig and Dempsey I fudgein hate them I think theyre brick but I have acknowledged that their performances have improved - especially in Dempseys case. People are basing their views on the here and now and not what happened last season.

What i am utterly tinkled off about are 45 minute performances and I dont buy in to the whole 'because the other team doesnt let us'. Stoke did nothing differently in the second half today as they did in the first - we upped our game and played much better. Why the fudge did we not play to a similiar level in the first half? Giving us 45 minutes to win a game reduces our chances by 50%. Today first half was pathetic second half was much better. So if we are to acknowledge AVB for the turnaround we have also got to ask questions why the first half was utter shocking.

Bear in mind this isnt exactly jumping on the bandwagon because its happened too many fudging times. Its tactics and not players.

Mate and nothing is said about AVB taking off a creative cm for a dm ..AT HOME..11 vs 11.

did you see the post in the OMT which stated that AVB deserves praise for the season half.....i asked if he should be then blamed for the poor first half....no answer.

Why didn't we bring on Townsend? What's the point in playing a back 5 (Sandro sitting), against 10 men behind the ball stoke

AVB needs to man up a bit at home

I would like to hear the pros of a Parker for Dembele substitution when you're drawing at home?

It was a brick sub.
Would have taken off Sandro if he wanted to give Parker time.

Someone will say that because of Dembele's hip he cant play a full game. But we don't know. Carroll or Hudd should have been on the bench if it was set stone that Dembele wouldnt last the 90 minutes.

Sorry when did I say that?! Do you understand the difference between the team and the squad?!

Also, I would say West brom have better attacking depth than we do.

Some posts are just unbelievable. Do you understand that our starting 11 are part of the squad? You called our squad awful, thats a pretty clear statement to mean. I mean its a ridiculously stupid statement, but its clear what you were saying. Those 6 I mentioned are part of the squad and played today. Apart from the obvious 3, I dont think there is another team in the prem who wouldnt take our squad. Im not sure how many clubs would want our manager though :(

Last edited:
Why didn't we bring on Townsend? What's the point in playing a back 5 (Sandro sitting), against 10 men behind the ball stoke

AVB needs to man up a bit at home

People were saying he needed to man up a bit by playing 2 up front - he did it. Now it's that he plays Sandro...

Sandro wasn't even sitting today. He was forward a lot. But the problem was simply that Stoke showed zero ambition. I'm not quite sure what people expected the manager should have done?

Wow if people base it on that then we're gonna be absolutely dominating a lot of home games this season without creating much.

Not unlike recent seasons where we've often managed 20-30 shots on goal, but very few clear cut chances. Struggling to break down defensive teams is not a new concept.

It was a brick sub.
Would have taken off Sandro if he wanted to give Parker time.

Someone will say that because of Dembele's hip he cant play a full game. But we don't know. Carroll or Hudd should have been on the bench if it was set stone that Dembele wouldnt last the 90 minutes.

He can play 85 minutes but can't do 90 minutes? somehow i don't think that's the reason.

Mate and nothing is said about AVB taking off a creative cm for a dm ..AT HOME..11 vs 11.

did you see the post in the OMT which stated that AVB deserves praise for the season half.....i asked if he should be then blamed for the poor first half....no answer.

I did see that in the OMT hence I paraphrased the question in my post too.

Its not a blinkered view. He should take some credit for the improvement in performances in certain games but my GHod he has to take the fudgein blame when we only have 45 mins to win a game. It has happened FAR TOO MANY TIMES and it will continue to do so. Bear in mind I am being polite by saying it was an improvement in performance in the second half considering we didnt actually create much. To be honest it was very simliar against Swansea too yet it was deemed a good performance.

People talk about control - what the fudge? control what exactly? the game? How is that effective when we dont do anything. Anyone could control the game by passing it backwards and forwards between keeper and defenders but you aint creating brick.

Back