• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Looks like there’s now a real chance that Moscow Mitch will be deposed as Leader of the Senate by the time Biden-Harris enter the White House and they won’t have to worry about him filibustering everything.

Possible, but extremely unlikely. Conservatives will be voting in droves to avoid the liberals giving them affordable health care and taking their guns.

The SCOTUS has already been packed with compliant Republican hacks, the question is what a Democratic trifecta could do to restore constitutional norms.
I think most people accept that the election winners get to put their choice on the SC - however unpalatable.

Beginning an arms race of adding to the number of justices each time the presidency changes is past what many would accept.

I think most people accept that the election winners get to put their choice on the SC - however unpalatable.

Beginning an arms race of adding to the number of justices each time the presidency changes is past what many would accept.

I expect Merrick Garland would agree with the first point, at least.

I expect Merrick Garland would agree with the first point, at least.
Not enough was made of that appointment being stolen. I don't think anyone would have expected Trump to get another two appointments though, so it probably didn't seem so bad at the time.

The answer though, is not to continue adding justices forever.

Back