• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

It sounds to me that he's just totally winging it now. Nobody actually wrote that speech and it looks like they don't give a fudge.

With each passing day I'm more convinced that Trump is just the patsy up front. The lighting rod to draw the focus away from the sleight of hand going on in the background. Who's really running the show?

That's what puzzles me. They know that Trump is thick as brick and inarticulate but he has people working for him, why not get one of them to write something for him? Like you say, it looks like they just don't care.

Who's really running the show? Bannon. And that is scarier than Trump.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/30/opinion/president-bannon.html

The dictionary of diplomacy-speak may need to be re-written for Trump.

Australia was forced to defend its military alliance with the US on Thursday following reports that Donald Trump’s weekend phone conversation with Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull was “the worst call by far” that he has held with any foreign leader to date.
The move comes amid speculation over the future of a refugee resettlement deal, which Canberra struck with the previous US administration of Barack Obama. The deal would see more than 1,250 refugees — many from Iran, Iraq and other predominantly Muslim countries — resettled in the US from the remote Pacific islands where they are held by Australia.
During the 25-minute call on Sunday, Mr Trump described the agreement as the “worst deal ever” and accused Australia of seeking to export the “next Boston Bombers” to the US, according to a report in the Washington Post. Mr Trump then cut short the planned one-hour conversation.
Later on Thursday Mr Trump tweeted he would “study this dumb deal!
“I can assure you the relationship is very strong,” said Mr Turnbull, who described the conversation as “courteous, frank and forthright”.

Washingon Post article

Australia was forced to defend its military alliance with the US on Thursday following reports that Donald Trump’s weekend phone conversation with Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull was “the worst call by far” that he has held with any foreign leader to date.
The move comes amid speculation over the future of a refugee resettlement deal, which Canberra struck with the previous US administration of Barack Obama. The deal would see more than 1,250 refugees — many from Iran, Iraq and other predominantly Muslim countries — resettled in the US from the remote Pacific islands where they are held by Australia.
During the 25-minute call on Sunday, Mr Trump described the agreement as the “worst deal ever” and accused Australia of seeking to export the “next Boston Bombers” to the US, according to a report in the Washington Post. Mr Trump then cut short the planned one-hour conversation.
“I can assure you the relationship is very strong,” said Mr Turnbull, who described the conversation as “courteous, frank and forthright”.

Washingon Post article

He threatened to invade Mexico in a call to the Mexican President, so I guess Australia got off lightly

Washingon Post article

More on this

one would hope
The Lemon Test has been in place for nearly 50 years now - there's been all kinds of Supreme Court make ups in that time and they've all held it as the measure to use.

There's no way that the proposed legislation can avoid prongs 2/3 and I'd be surprised if they could argue that it avoids 1.

In order to allow this (and you can be fairly certain the ACLU and similar are already lining people up for test cases) the SC would have to go back over 50 years of decisions and decide that the Lemon Test doesn't apply.

Back