• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

C3d2DeNVMAA3imY.jpg

The thing I would be most concerned about is if he tries to control the internet like China does. With newspapers being run by his friends, well that happens in this country, the mail etc are so right wing they can not think objectively and it is the same on the left with the Guardian etc.

Most people I know get a lot of news online from several different sources and then make up their own mind. But if he tries to control or sensor the internet saying he has fears over terrorism then I would start to worry.

The thing I would be most concerned about is if he tries to control the internet like China does. With newspapers being run by his friends, well that happens in this country, the mail etc are so right wing they can not think objectively and it is the same on the left with the Guardian etc.

Most people I know get a lot of news online from several different sources and then make up their own mind. But if he tries to control or sensor the internet saying he has fears over terrorism then I would start to worry.

Isn't boarder officials asking people for their social media profiles and details of websites that they regularly visit a form of this?

America is going backwards, I fully support same sex couples right to adopt, they go through the same checks as different sex couples. I am not liking how America is going.

In this country I do not feel that NHS money should be spent on IVF or sex changes operations or cosmetic procedures, I feel that is an old fashioned view rather then a bigoted one. I feel NHS money should be for serious medical conditions, I have always thought this.

I understand your point.

I can only really say that to the person that feels they are in the wrong body, it's a pretty serious medical condition; physically and mentally.

I would need to do some reading but I'd wager there's a high incidence of mental illness and suicide among the trans community.

I agree on the adoption issue.

Of the tweet is correct, then here comes Trump's 'gay contagion' agenda.

Isn't boarder officials asking people for their social media profiles and details of websites that they regularly visit a form of this?

I guess actually your right it is, but a light version of it, if he goes as far as China I would be very concerned. It still concerns me how he is behaving.

I understand your point.

I can only really say that to the person that feels they are in the wrong body, it's a pretty serious medical condition; physically and mentally.

I would need to do some reading but I'd wager there's a high incidence of mental illness and suicide among the trans community.

I agree on the adoption issue.

Of the tweet is correct, then here comes Trump's 'gay contagion' agenda.

I have a lot of time for the trans community but I have read that the suicide rate amongst people who have sex change surgery is higher once they have had surgery then any other part of society. The is a growing chain of thought in the community that actually a lot of trans people are just queer and not actually trans. Trust me I have read a lot on the issue.

I feel the NHS is a good thing(I am being treated privately) and should be used for serious conditions. The is also from talking with people who work in the NHS I feel the need to charge patients for missed appointments.

I guess actually your right it is, but a light version of it, if he goes as far as China I would be very concerned. It still concerns me how he is behaving.

I think that it is more likely that they will role back on net neutrality, intimidate people and continue to encourage Russian psyops. The last is with the view to discredit news sources, make people stop believing legitimate sources of information and cause them to disengage.

look at the language used

this is fascism 101, we are fudged, look at how easy that was for them, in a country with more checks and balances than any other, 9 days is all it took

there's a playbook in use here, and things are going to get far worse
I agree mate about the tone of the language. However, imho, the Attorney General may have played into the hands of Trump and given him a cheap propaganda shot which his supporters will lap up. If Trump's executive order is actually lawful she should have resigned saying that she could not enforce it rather than ordering judges not to enforce it. Thereby giving Trump a reason to have her removed.

I do worry a little about the hysteria (although it is understandable). What is needed is for influential people who oppose him to keep a cool head and to pick their battles more carefully. Simply attacking him seems to entrench his support even more.

As an aside, another consequence of Brexit is that we need the Americans more than ever, hence Theresa May cosying up to Trump. This at a time when their President is so unpredictable and inward looking. It's like we are being forced into a pact with the devil, the effect of which may end up being quite unpalatable.

Last edited:
As an aside, another consequence of Brexit is that we need the Americans more than ever, hence Theresa May cosying up to Trump. This at a time when their President is so unpredictable and inward looking. It's like we are being forced into a pact with the devil, the effect of which may end up being quite unpalatable.

There are other options out there - most obviously Asia, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Perhaps our new role in the world could be taking America's place in the TPP.

I agree mate about the tone of the language. However, imho, the Attorney General may have played into the hands of Trump and given him a cheap propaganda shot which his supporters will lap up. If Trump's executive order is actually lawful she should have resigned saying that she could not enforce it rather than ordering judges not to enforce it. Thereby giving Trump a reason to have her removed.

I do worry a little about the hysteria (although it is understandable). What is needed is for influential people who oppose him to keep a cool head and to pick their battles more carefully. Simply attacking him seems to entrench his support even more.

well it goes against the first amendment, bearing in mind how them republican's covet the second one so much i'm shocked they are playing so fast and loose with others*

if May is relying on the US to make Brexit work we are doubly fudged

*i'm not

well it goes against the first amendment, bearing in mind how them republican's covet the second one so much i'm shocked they are playing so fast and loose with others*

if May is relying on the US to make Brexit work we are doubly fudged

*i'm not
I think May is terrified of fudging off the Americans as they are massive contributors to an economy that will be rocked once we leave the Common Market.

I think May is terrified of fudging off the Americans as they are massive contributors to an economy that will be rocked once we leave the Common Market.

The US is our biggest market after the EU but our exports to them are a fraction of what we do to the EU and even less for services. Trump has already said that he wants a trade deal that can be cancelled at 30 days notice. For Trump the terms on a contract do not end when it is signed, that is when he starts squeezing for more. If a trade deal could be cancelled at such short notice and we are dependent on them, we are truly fudged.

I see that, but they'll do us no favours long term, Trump has nailed his colours to the isolationist mast, and is in the process of trying to nail others colours elsewhere

Back