• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

I think that you are right but I don't think that would stop him signing it. They are looking for confrontation.
Set the dispicl
The Lemon Test has been in place for nearly 50 years now - there's been all kinds of Supreme Court make ups in that time and they've all held it as the measure to use.

There's no way that the proposed legislation can avoid prongs 2/3 and I'd be surprised if they could argue that it avoids 1.

In order to allow this (and you can be fairly certain the ACLU and similar are already lining people up for test cases) the SC would have to go back over 50 years of decisions and decide that the Lemon Test doesn't apply.
He will just keep signing them, raising the benchmark for abhorrent behaviour until something that seemed abhorrent two years ago seems reasonable and will whip up the debate the SC infringing on the will of the people.
Add to that the weight of the volume of the orders and he'll pass enough to make the country unrecognisable.

You do wonder at what point the Americans decide enough executive orders equals tyranny and are they prepared to back it up with their armoury.

Set the dispicl

He will just keep signing them, raising the benchmark for abhorrent behaviour until something that seemed abhorrent two years ago seems reasonable and will whip up the debate the SC infringing on the will of the people.
Add to that the weight of the volume of the orders and he'll pass enough to make the country unrecognisable.

You do wonder at what point the Americans decide enough executive orders equals tyranny and are they prepared to back it up with their armoury.

I am guessing the Republican nut jobs who voted Trump in would have enough guns to go and back Trump no matter what. I am basing this on the sort of people with guns in the walking dead episodes.

Was reading the Guardian today and trying to find coverage of the trial in Rotheram, but again it was not there, maybe Trump is right about the media, maybe who knows...

Is this all just a case of people not liking someone who is right wing in the white house, I am sure they were like this with Bush both of em.

Was reading the Guardian today and trying to find coverage of the trial in Rotheram, but again it was not there, maybe Trump is right about the media, maybe who knows...

Is this all just a case of people not liking someone who is right wing in the white house, I am sure they were like this with Bush both of em.

Do you mean this?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/nov/04/rotherham-child-sexual-exploitation-eight-men-jailed

Bush wasn't to my taste but this is a different level. The objections are to what he is doing, not because he is a Republican. The disgust at what he is doing is not restricted to the left, there are plenty of Republicans and Conservatives over here criticising his actions too.

Do you mean this?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/nov/04/rotherham-child-sexual-exploitation-eight-men-jailed

Bush wasn't to my taste but this is a different level. The objections are to what he is doing, not because he is a Republican. The disgust at what he is doing is not restricted to the left, there are plenty of Republicans and Conservatives over here criticising his actions too.

I guess they put it up after my email of complaint to them, good to see they are reactive to their customers(not that I am stupid enough to buy any newspaper)

Certainly no more than the right hating Clinton and Obama (to the point of mock-lynchings of Obama in 2008). Trump is something well beyond the Bushs as well. It shouldn't just be us lefties that find him scary.

Certainly no more than the right hating Clinton and Obama (to the point of mock-lynchings of Obama in 2008). Trump is something well beyond the Bushs as well. It shouldn't just be us lefties that find him scary.

It's not. McCain is doing more to oppose him than the Democrats at the moment. Judging from the leaks about the botched raid in Yemen, the military are not entirely behind him either.

Last edited:

c4jt321.png

Well I can come round and give you a cuddle if you get to scared.

You should do what I did when that Scottish clam Brown stole my pension the one eyed rooster muncher, have a lot moan say a few swear words, then get back to work. Jolly good sport I say.

Back