• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

( . Y . ) Tottenham v Chelsea | OMT ( . Y . )

Very very strange behavior between Chelski and Mourinho this summer. First Lukaku, a player Conte wanted and thought he was getting, then Matic being sold. Is it too much too ponder whether Abramovich and Mourinho still have some sort of deep, errr, 'friendship'???

Just see. Bedford's interesting post re: finances. Perhaps his empire has taken a huge hit. Does Bates territory beckon?

Still think it will be a ding-donger tomm and that we will edge it but will not be comfortable.

Not so much Abramovich-Mourinho as Roman getting bored already.

Where's everyone meeting tomorrow ahead of the game? What's the new 'Spurs' pub? Can't sleep but leaving early as possible tomorrow. Excited about this.

Very very strange behavior between Chelski and Mourinho this summer. First Lukaku, a player Conte wanted and thought he was getting, then Matic being sold. Is it too much too ponder whether Abramovich and Mourinho still have some sort of deep, errr, 'friendship'???

Just see. Bedford's interesting post re: finances. Perhaps his empire has taken a huge hit. Does Bates territory beckon?

Still think it will be a ding-donger tomm and that we will edge it but will not be comfortable.

Yes, that would be a ridiculous thought.

Matic spent long periods on the bench last season, Conte clearly doesn't rate him that highly. Lukaku to Utd made more sense given Chelsea had let him go a couple of years ago, buying him back for crazy money just simply wasn't ok with Roman.

Too much talk about this Chekski crisis for my liking. They still have fantastic players to choose from and a top winning coach

It reminds me of the build up to the fa semi when Chelski were in a little run of bad form and a few cracks were appearing in their run in. We were confident and favourites to win. Then they go and dump us out of the cup.:mad:

Never underestimate these cnuts.

I just hope we win to get off to a good start at Wembley. It will be really good for the lads and the season ahead.

Woohoo.! Match day is here - at last!

Spurs - and the Pirate - are on our way to Wembley.

Cant sleep - too nervous - and excited!

COYS.

Not surprised about your lack of sleep. Such a big day today. Hoping that translates in to atmosohere, though I can imagine some nerves out there too.

I've honestly only had about three hours sleep. Phone call from drunk mate half way through the night, had to go and pick him up. But I'm sure the adrenaline will keep me going at least until the train journey back home tonight.

I think Chelsea have some of the best youngsters around. Including those they've sold recently
I think they have some of the most poorly coached youngsters around... the talent is there but their so drilled into a physical power play style they don't have any flexibility to use their brains

Yes, that would be a ridiculous thought.

Matic spent long periods on the bench last season, Conte clearly doesn't rate him that highly. Lukaku to Utd made more sense given Chelsea had let him go a couple of years ago, buying him back for crazy money just simply wasn't ok with Roman.

Matic started most of their games

And when they needed a spark they brought on frabregash

Their loan players aren't very good though

It's no coincidence that none of them have made it really and bit them in the arse

They have some quality loan/young players, the problem is in how they view them.

Chelsea set up an entire business around buying players, then selling them at a profit without any intent on ever using them in the first team.

There is big money in young players. Look at our academy, regularly produces premiership level players and it MORE than pays for itself just by selling the ones that arent good enough for our team.

Chelsea have done it with the first team squad as well, Lukaku, Salah, DeBruyne... Brought young players in and discarded them when they werent an instant hit. I do wonder how many they regret letting go.

Its a business model, not an indication of players not being good enough.

The bit I dont understand is why players go there. They must know they will just be farmed out all over europe for three years before actually starting their first team career somewhere else much later...

I was watching Liv-Cry yesterday. Can't believe Cheatski can't find a place in their thin squad for Ruben Loftus-Cheek. He has looked very good the times I've seen him. Reading their forum, and there is growing frustration among them about the youngsters not being played.

They buy the players they need, have no patience for young players to develop. Its a definitive choice.

They would never have a Kane, or a Winks, or any number of the the debutants we have had. They wouldnt have Alli or alike either, brought in to actually develop.

They would, however, spend a fortune on buying someone like Kane from someone like us once the player is proven.

This is what happens when you dont have to worry about money.

Personally I would choose our way of doing things every time.

They have some quality loan/young players, the problem is in how they view them.

Chelsea set up an entire business around buying players, then selling them at a profit without any intent on ever using them in the first team.

There is big money in young players. Look at our academy, regularly produces premiership level players and it MORE than pays for itself just by selling the ones that arent good enough for our team.

Chelsea have done it with the first team squad as well, Lukaku, Salah, DeBruyne... Brought young players in and discarded them when they werent an instant hit. I do wonder how many they regret letting go.

Its a business model, not an indication of players not being good enough.

The bit I dont understand is why players go there. They must know they will just be farmed out all over europe for three years before actually starting their first team career somewhere else much later...

Lukaku, salah and De bruyne were young but cannot be put in the bracket of 99% of their youngsters as they were full international that cost a lot of £££

For me it's player like McCreachran and the lad at Boro now who were hyped up as being brilliant but we're shown up to be technically weak and hence play a much lower level

None of these players come back to haunt them

I honestly think the Chelsea coaches develop youngsters to win games not develop as players. I watched all the England youth teams this summer and Chelsea had loads of players there... none of them impressed me with their intelligence as they all seemed to be power play players.

When Edwards came on he changed the games because he did something different and played with variety. Similarly Onomah bosses the under 20s team and dictated the tempo with range.

Heading off shortly - gotta get through Rail disruptions, bus disruptions, Chavskis, Wembley misdirections, but still hope to have an hour bimbling around the Club Wembley bar(s).

And then back.

Hopefully a damned good game, or at least a deserved victory.

Back