• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Round of 16 - Fixtures in 1st Post

I kinda hope he loses now just to see the reaction.

I got no chance of 3 goals in this. 0-0 decided on pens.

The contact marquez makes with robben impedes robben's natural run, therefore it is a penalty. However, robben has exagerrated the contact, hence should be booked.

the reality of football is that, referee's will never give that as a penalty unless robben goes down. therefore you have to accept that robben will dive to win a penalty which he justly deserves. both marquez and robben are "cheats" in this incident. so what? every player is a cheat in one way or another

Neymar, I like your posts most of the time but I cannot agree with you on this one. Robben does not "deserve" anything, contact does not equal a penalty/foul otherwise you have about 1000 fouls every game. The only excuse for going down is if you physically cannot stay on your feet, I don't agree with the Gareth Bale/Robben/Suarez/insert cheat's name here's line of thinking of I've been clipped therefore I'm going to go down. If someone is blatantly kicked with excessive force but the player who was fouled stays on their feet well that's a different story but that doesn't apply to what Robben did.

I suppose it is akin to a cricket team having to make an appeal to the umpire in order to get an LBW decision. Perhaps some amendment needs to be made to the rules some day in order to counter this rather farcical situation that a footballer effectively has to simulate a dive in order to be awarded a free-kick / penalty.

At least Robben has apologised for diving in the first half of the game, if only the referee had booked him at the time then I doubt Robben would have risked a 2nd yellow by going down so easily at the end.

[tweet]483328648439541760[/tweet]

Some good points. Also would like to see amendments made so that refs don't give fouls just because there is "contact", not all contact is a foul.

Some good points. Also would like to see amendments made so that refs don't give fouls just because there is "contact", not all contact is a foul.

And there doesnt need to be contact for it to be a foul in my view. Its the same view as I had when Bale was, in some eyes, 'diving'

I think that's the game FIFA want though

I can see why they have tried to clean the game up as teams in the 70s for example got away with some appalling tackles that would have gotten you arrested in the real world, but they've gone to far in trying to protect players.

Like I said to Neymar, I like your posts but I don't agree with that either :)

You love me though

In seriousness, you get a player running and a guy at 90 degres slide tackles, doesnt get player or ball, that for me is a foul. The player running with the ball is already at a disadvantage unfairly.

If someone lunges in, shin high 2 footed leg breaker, and his target has to hurdle it to avoid and loses the ball, that should be a foul. Not that Gareth had that when he was flopping about.

Speaking of Gareth, the hairband in the BT advert isn't doing him any favours.

If someone lunges in, shin high 2 footed leg breaker, and his target has to hurdle it to avoid and loses the ball, that should be a foul. Not that Gareth had that when he was flopping about.

Speaking of Gareth, the hairband in the BT advert isn't doing him any favours.

Agree on all counts, there are some instances where no contact is made but a free kick should still be given, but if a goalie takes a swing at the ball but pulls out and the player flops to the floor that is not a foul and the players should be booked for diving.

Agree on all counts, there are some instances where no contact is made but a free kick should still be given, but if a goalie takes a swing at the ball but pulls out and the player flops to the floor that is not a foul and the players should be booked for diving.

When someone has pretended to punch you - do you not flinch? Of course you do its reaction. I guess same with a player running at pace and someone pulls out at the last minute, its reaction. Now with Robben today the incident which was given as a penalty he didnt need to dive like that and in my view wasnt a penalty.

My betting on this world cup has been absolutely appalling.

Likewise, so has mine! Reckon that I've lost a good few hundred £ on it, as can be evidenced by my postings in the Sweepstake thread! I lost EVERY bet that I put on in that thread, EVERY single one.

Now I'm set to lose a further £25 due to Greece failing to score in the first hour!!

When someone has pretended to punch you - do you not flinch? Of course you do its reaction. I guess same with a player running at pace and someone pulls out at the last minute, its reaction. Now with Robben today the incident which was given as a penalty he didnt need to dive like that and in my view wasnt a penalty.

Going to punch someone and someone pulling out from kicking the ball are not the same in my opinion. The game would be ridiculous if everyone behaved like Robben and the other divers who went down anytime any player goes anywhere near them even if no contact is made.

Going to punch someone and someone pulling out from kicking the ball are not the same in my opinion. The game would be ridiculous if everyone behaved like Robben and the other divers who went down anytime any player goes anywhere near them even if no contact is made.

Then you let the game continue, no one has to be punished for a reaction. There is a difference between blatant diving and reactionary diving i.e. getting out the way. Robben today for his penalty dived even with the most minimalist of contacts

Back