• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Round of 16 - Fixtures in 1st Post

delighted for him, he must have thought he'd had his day in the sun when top loader disbanded

They didnt disband mate although he does look like Washbourn

I do think these South American teams (and yeah I know Mexico are in Central America) are weak int he air due to their height. Chile had no height whatsoever, Mexico are similiar.

Oh well, Robben and the rest of the dirty Dutch showing once again that cheats do prosper :( Hopefully the referee in the next round books the bald headed qunt for diving.

Gotta feel sorry for the Mexicans, they appear to be as jinxed in the round-of-16 at the World Cup as we are in FA Cup semi-finals!

Last edited:
Oh well, Robben and the rest of the dirty Dutch showing once again that cheats do prosper :( Hopefully the referee in the next round books the bald headed qunt for diving.

Gotta feel sorry for the Mexicans, they appear to be as jinxed in the round-of-16 at the World Cup as we are in FA Cup semi-finals!

To be fair to Robben, he could have been excused for going to ground a couple of times earlier in the game but didn't.

And for the penalty, there was definite contact. Marquez trod on his foot. Yes, he made the most of it but it was a foul.

To be fair to Robben, he could have been excused for going to ground a couple of times earlier in the game but didn't.

And for the penalty, there was definite contact. Marquez trod on his foot. Yes, he made the most of it but it was a foul.

I agree with the Hoddle and Cannavaro that there wasn't enough contact to justify Robben collapsing in a heap, although the Mexican defenders shouldn't have lunged in to give Robben the opportunity to perform his legendary swan dives. Maybe if the ref had booked him earlier in the game for repeated simulation then Robben would've stayed on his feet when he felt that slight bit of contact with his toe.

[vine]MFgBWT7j03K[/vine]

Last edited:
Glad Holland won.....this tournament was turning into the Copa America

I'd love to see Greece go through......we need another European through instead of a south american

I'd love to see Greece go through......we need another European through instead of a south american

I agree. I wouldnt love it as I have no allegiance and couldnt care less from a 'supporter' point of view as I dont support them but from a neutral view point, def need the European teams in there.

I agree with the Hoddle and Cannavaro that there wasn't enough contact to justify Robben collapsing in a heap, although the Mexican defenders shouldn't have lunged in to give Robben the opportunity to perform his legendary swan dives. Maybe if the ref had booked him earlier in the game for repeated simulation then Robben would've stayed on his feet when he felt that slight bit of contact with his toe.

The contact marquez makes with robben impedes robben's natural run, therefore it is a penalty. However, robben has exagerrated the contact, hence should be booked.

the reality of football is that, referee's will never give that as a penalty unless robben goes down. therefore you have to accept that robben will dive to win a penalty which he justly deserves. both marquez and robben are "cheats" in this incident. so what? every player is a cheat in one way or another

Don't know why people are surprised/bothered about the number of Central and South American teams in the knockout teams. It's in their back yard, they have loads of support for that reason, they know the conditions and most importantly the European teams have not been good enough. I'm loving the fact that teams like Colombia are showing the rest of the nations how it's done.

Back