• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

Gomez is a Jekyll and Hyde type. Can look brick in one match and a scoring machine in another. I wouldn't be dissatisfied with him but I'm still hoping for Lukaku.
(Edit: Higuain actually)

We have as much chance of signing Higuain as Cristiano Ronaldo

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Nah I don't think he's coming here either but if we could use our special relationship to leverage a player or two off them that would be nice.

Guys, Real Madrid are one of the highest paying teams in the world alongside Barcelona, etc - even topped the likes of City recently

I want him as much as the next guy - but even if he'd agree to sacrifice CL football and trophies (unlikely for one of Argentina's matchday 18 in his prime) - there is no way we could afford his weekly pocket money

I'd wait to see who city spend there money on first as that will start the merry go round

Not sure I agree with that approach. Will mean that we're waiting even longer to bring players in - better to be proactive. Not that I'm expecting us to be proactive though;unlikely to sign anyone meaningful pre August

Guys, Real Madrid are one of the highest paying teams in the world alongside Barcelona, etc - even topped the likes of City recently

I want him as much as the next guy - but even if he'd agree to sacrifice CL football and trophies (unlikely for one of Argentina's matchday 18 in his prime) - there is no way we could afford his weekly pocket money

Agree. Some of the playes that some people on here think we have a chance of getting are ridiculous!!

Why would Madrid be paying his wages if he goes elsewhere?

Don't know mate, not really sure how these deals work. Like Ade, City could subsidize his wages for the length of contract just to get him off the wage bill. As we have a deal in place with Madrid, we could take Madrid paying some of his wage and we give Madrid first refusal on any players of ours, or give them a 5% reduction in fee etc or we wave any sell on fee's etc from the buying club etc etc. Who knows, I'm sure if something can be put in place Levy will be able to do it. I'm not saying Higuain will sign for a second, but I do think wages can be worked around.

How much would Fellaini go for?

Surely he'll be moved in the summer assuming they don't qualify for Champs league. He's far to valuable to stay at Everton imo.

a midfield 3 of:

..... Dembele ........ Fellaini
................. Sandro

would be boss.

As for a striker, I think its more likely that we'll go into 2014 with a Harry Kane, Simon Dawkins pairing than a new signing.

Fellaini's not the player we need imo, we need a creative midfielder. Fellaini definitely doesn't suit AVB's system, which is all about 4-3-3 with the midfield consisting of a defensive player (Sandro) a box to box player (Dembele), and a creative midfielder (someone like Modric/Moutinho - what we're missing).

I think Eriksen has been playing on the left quite a bit, he cut in from the left and scored against PSV today anyway. He did the same last week actually.
2b.gif

Great goal, great performance. He played in a 4-3-3 beside de Jong with Poulsen holding on Sunday, not sure where he's been played in other games though. Wrote about his performance here if anyone's interested.

I'd say he's off to Liverpool in the sumer (DoF Overmars said that Liverpool scouts had been there regularly), although he has issued a come and get me plea to City & PSG recently. It could be another Hazard transfer saga this summer.

I've always liked Sessegnon of Sunderland - one of the fastest players in the league, tricky, good feet and a decent shot and pass. Can play as a winger, attacking midfielder and has even played as a lone-striker before for Sunderland.

Think he shines in a rubbish team, but could really do well for us and cover all 3 front positions. I think we could do a lot worse than get in Sessegnon and Remy at the end of the season. With them two and Townsend coming back, we'd really be motoring going forward.

Fellaini's not the player we need imo, we need a creative midfielder. Fellaini definitely doesn't suit AVB's system, which is all about 4-3-3 with the midfield consisting of a defensive player (Sandro) a box to box player (Dembele), and a creative midfielder (someone like Modric/Moutinho - what we're missing).

Emirates Marketing Project won the title last season with a midfield duo of usually Toure and Barry, or Toure and DeJong.

And i'm feed up about AVB's system that he used in the Portuguese league for a season. He hasn't used a creative midfielder at either of his last 2 clubs.

Back