• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

We/Ange just needs some of that organisation for us to go places. ETH was in a fix going into yesterday (he still might get sacked regardless) but he at least made it difficult for his team to get beaten when he was up against the wall.
My worry is i haven't seen one do-or-die game when Ange has shown he is capable of doing the same...

We haven’t had a do or die game but he maybe Coventry in the cup recently… and hai subs changed the game in which we were awful by all accounts

Ange will never set us up to not lose. That’s not his way and the not the Tottenham way. It may be his downfall but that’s his call

We haven’t had a do or die game but he maybe Coventry in the cup recently… and hai subs changed the game in which we were awful by all accounts

Ange will never set us up to not lose. That’s not his way and the not the Tottenham way. It may be his downfall but that’s his call

If we made the subs and we lost I don't think people are consistent enough to say "he tried" as the rhetoric today suggests they would, the needle would move in another direction I am sure.

But conceded 6 in two games previously so with what ever you give in football you taketh away. Yes last night was upsetting and not ideal but you can at least see a semblance of what we are trying to achieve against a side like United who are clearly going backwards badly under ETH. The two other than points are not comparable IMO

I can see what Ange is trying to achieve...the problem is no-one has achieved it without an open blank chequebook...more often than not such attempts end in failure that feels worse because it's like groundhog day

It WILL be his downfall unless it changes. If we beat Emirates Marketing Project and go on to win the league cup no-one will care, but that win was the biggest robbery since the great train one. I've never felt so hollow after a win, even a cup win, because of how absolutely atrocious we were. And that was Coventry, i'm already dreading our trip to the Emirates...and it's not exactly like i look forward to them...!

I can see what Ange is trying to achieve...the problem is no-one has achieved it without an open blank chequebook...more often than not such attempts end in failure that feels worse because it's like groundhog day

It WILL be his downfall unless it changes. If we beat Emirates Marketing Project and go on to win the league cup no-one will care, but that win was the biggest robbery since the great train one. I've never felt so hollow after a win, even a cup win, because of how absolutely atrocious we were. And that was Coventry, i'm already dreading our trip to the Emirates...and it's not exactly like i look forward to them...!
We play them at home .

If we made the subs and we lost I don't think people are consistent enough to say "he tried" as the rhetoric today suggests they would, the needle would move in another direction I am sure.
I don’t get the obsession with subs
But that’s just me maybe
If we had a strong bench with experience like Sonny and Richy I’d get it

But that’s just me maybe

It's not an obsession with subs though, it's a football management critique, in this case the lack of attempting to manage and try to change things.

Subs could have been made and we might still have lost, but not making them and saying we were playing brick and i didn't want to change it and get a 'false victory' is just bizzare and not something you hear from top coaches.

Ange has put himself out there as someone who only wants to win and isn't bothered by plaudits etc etc (remember his interview with in-house Spurs media after the West Ham home loss last season? Remember hsi comments after the City game about how he wants to win every game and doesn't care about whether doing so gives the title to our bitter rivals??) so that is why it is especially odd he would say what he said yesterday.

But that’s just me maybe

There was a doc about the idea of "super subs" a while back and the impact that subs made on results was under 10% (caveat its majorly nuanced because a sub made by a winning side that wins could be seen as an "impact" when its not.

I think they can play their part but I also think the idea you chuck players on and they magically turn a tide is not the full picture, with that I agree with Ange in that if those players on the pitch could not react to the issues, then we were fcuked.

The win against Coventry was awful, strangely some of the players that came on and changed the game are the same ones that let us down yesterday by not showing up in the second half.
That is what he is battling against, as have all our managers going back as long as I can remember.

Ange isn't going to change, and I really don't want him to, what we need is someone on the pitch who will make the call and take it out of ange hands for 10-15 minutes.
Pull players into a slightly more compact and play deeper. Clear the ball, go down under contact take our time with dead balls.
Manage the situation basically.

Hahaha literally explained perfectly Ange comments about "hollow wins"..........

Hahaha literally explained perfectly Ange comments about "hollow wins"..........

Yes, but you take such hollow wins and DON'T bask in them and also try to learn from them.
You don't say "No, we played brick and i don't ever want to win when we've played brick"...

It's not like we have never had lucky/undeserved wins in the past or even under Ange..

There was a doc about the idea of "super subs" a while back and the impact that subs made on results was under 10% (caveat its majorly nuanced because a sub made by a winning side that wins could be seen as an "impact" when its not.

I think they can play their part but I also think the idea you chuck players on and they magically turn a tide is not the full picture, with that I agree with Ange in that if those players on the pitch could not react to the issues, then we were fcuked.
One reaction of like to have seen is us kill the game… fake the break like Arsenal do. Take so momentum out and get some tactical advice

Arteta does it all the time because he so the captain of their team. He acts like it on the sideline and they revel in it.

One reaction of like to have seen is us kill the game… fake the break like Arsenal do. Take so momentum out and get some tactical advice

Arteta does it all the time because he so the captain of their team. He acts like it on the sideline and they revel in it.

Yeh and ideally you want the major players in the side to be smarter and lead better.

The theme that has constantly let us down for years is that lack of leader or players that hide, IMO subs don't change that. I would expect Romero and even Madders to have better "smarts" to get this game ground down to a pace where we win easily

Yeh and ideally you want the major players in the side to be smarter and lead better.

The theme that has constantly let us down for years is that lack of leader or players that hide, IMO subs don't change that. I would expect Romero and even Madders to have better "smarts" to get this game ground down to a pace where we win easily
You would assume so
My nervousness with them as the leadership group is they ages never been the big fish
I think I’m right in saying the Romero never won anything in Italy and did win the World Cup but messi was the Leader
Maddison won a cup at Lestah?
Son hasn’t won anything here
None are leaders

Back