• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

It's a bit of luck, something we don't have a lot of, Leicester in their fluke season and Scum last were very lucky on injuries to key personnel
Arsenal's gane is seldom rushed...like consistently higher than average tempo which I feel is great in injury prevention and maintaining peak fitness.

We are like walking pace then suddenly fast to get 9 men up and panicking full spees when defending a quick counter. Yeah it's not for the faint hearted but that's how you get hamstring injuries quickly

Same heart attack inducing tension after we score! Especially the last 10 minutes of every game. No telling which way the game would end.

Not even close …. Under Aussie Ardiles we are trying to win 10 nil without the players up front to finish. At least under Harry there was some sort of midfield structure rather than being like butter

Saw a stat this morning...Ange's overall league record with Spurs:

Played 41, Won 21, Drew 7, Lost 13

Taking out the fast start last season:

Played 31, Won 13, Drew 5, Lost 13

Saw a stat this morning...Ange's overall league record with Spurs:

Played 41, Won 21, Drew 7, Lost 13

Taking out the fast start last season:

Played 31, Won 13, Drew 5, Lost 13
It's not great but there are positive signs. It does need a few tweaks and maybe some personnel changes at the back.
I'd still give him the chance to make those changes. He should have at least till the end of the season.

What if you also take out the games where we had no cb's fit?
If you look at the games Romero and VdV played together in that spell, I think it's:

Played 18
Won 7
Drew 4
Lost 7
For 33
Against 32

It's not much better. I could look at one or other or include Dragusin but that's with our first choice pair.

Ange certainly deserves time and you have to ask would anyone do much better but IMO, he won't get us challenging. That's a very good sample size and the pattern is clear.

Last edited:
I wonder will he give Gray some game time in the cups and start to see if he can be the CDM that we need this season rather than seeing him as an option more long term.

If you look at the games Romero and VdV played in that spell, I think it's:

Played 18
Won 8
Drew 3
Lost 7

It's not much better. I could look at one or other or include Dragusin but that's with our first choice pair.

Ange certainly deserves time and you have to ask would anyone do much better but IMO, he won't get us challenging. That's a very good sample size and the pattern is clear.

It’s not a sample size
It’s scarily reactionary
You can’t continue one seasons results into the other unless a manager has had time… like ETH for example, but he has a trophy

You did, credit where it’s due, make your calls on Ange ball last year when we were on the great run.

But I just can’t fathom how people can just look at what they are seeing on the pitch and not see that the issues are not the system as much as it’s individuals failing at basics… again

Last edited:
I wonder will he give Gray some game time in the cups and start to see if he can be the CDM that we need this season rather than seeing him as an option more long term.
Why?
Bissouma was our best midfielder imo
We didn’t concede the goals because of him…
MOTD nailed it last night. Can’t believe I’ve just said that but they highlight the issues so well

Why?
Bissouma was our best midfielder imo
We didn’t concede the goals because of him…
MOTD nailed it last night. Can’t believe I’ve just said that but they highlight the issues so well
Bissouma has played well the last two games but he has been very inconsistent. Maybe he has turned a corner and will keep up the level of performance.
The issues are lack of concentration and discipline, and no leaders in the backline. So many times it's individual errors that are costing us. Playing the high backline it just takes one mistake...

Back