• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

I think it improved when we changed from full zonal marking, to actually picking up some players.

Dragusin definitely helped, but so will Solanke as he will also challenge for the ball.

Rule also changed to help protect the keeper, so blocking and shoving, should, get punished this season
Didn't know that about a rule change regarding impeding the keeper, that's good news.

I think much of the chat is around a ,(reliable) no.6 and other structures (,pressing etc) that protect and limit the amount of defending we have to do.

However, when there is defending to do, we had some woeful moments last year that looked like plain old ball watching or lack of concentration/awareness of what was actually going on in front, behind or around them. We weren't outnumbered, just inefficient.

There was still some evidence of this in one of the pre-season games (a Bayern game I think, I've not watched much tbh). Yes, it might be a personnel thing?

I'm not talking about corners/setplays btw...that's a separate conversation.

We broke Mourinho...don't jinx it ....
View attachment 17533

He didn't say he's ready to bring silverware to Tottenham

"Usually in my second season I win things. That's the whole idea. First year is about establishing principles and creating a foundation. Hopefully the second year is going onto win things. Of course it's easier said than done, particularly in the Premier League and the competition we're in. That's always the way I've looked at it, is that the second year you should be in a position where you can push on, depending on how the first year has gone.

"Last year we had some really good moments, obviously we had some tough moments. I think we learnt as much from the tough moments as we did from the good stuff and hopefully that means we're in a good place. We're definitely a better-prepared team than we were last year."

I really don't know about Ange ... we look mentally fragile, capitulate frequently, look so nervous and rubbish defensively, obvious set pieces against ... very one dimensional ... just throwing players in to save the game ... in game management looks non existent...

I really don't know about Ange ... we look mentally fragile, capitulate frequently, look so nervous and rubbish defensively, obvious set pieces against ... very one dimensional ... just throwing players in to save the game ... in game management looks non existent...
Really? You are having doubts after 1 game of the season?

Really? You are having doubts after 1 game of the season?
Have seen the similarities from this one game to the games from the 2nd half of the season?

In fact after the Chelsea loss, you could say that Angeball had been found out ...we haven't really played confidentiality since but yeah injuries, lack of right players.

I am beginning to.notice tactical positional discipline is perhaps something ange doesn't focus on. For example we forward press but there is no trap , just guys running around hoping for a mistake. And it's so easy to beat our press.

On the other hand we end up in situations where our players have to run towards our goal to help beat their press. It's a very difficult situation to be in not knowing what's developing behind you when focusing on receiving the ball 180' in front.

watch arsenal.Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea full games to notice how they play themselves out from defence. you won't see this in youtube highlights.

The problem is they are doing drills where they have an overload of attackers against 3 defenders, our issue in games is the penalty box is packed and we don't get an overload let alone that much space to attack. Do you think that we ever train 11 vs 11 with 1 team sitting back deep looking to counter like we face most weeks? Do they work on different phases of play to try and unlock these packed penalty boxes? I know we don't see the whole training session but it doesn't look like we work on it as we are always playing sideways and backwards all of the time.

Back