• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

I think we would really have to go some to improve on Richi as the CF if he could maintain his fitness for majority of the season. I know you disagree but I'd be happy with Toney tbh, I think he'd score a bucketful playing up top in this team. But if the three options you mention I'd rather we go for a 'potential' we have scouted, our track record is very good in recent times....
Richy has never managed a fully fit season in this league
Toney would score a bucketful
We already have the potential here
What we need now is experience to compliment the youth

Richy has never managed a fully fit season in this league
Toney would score a bucketful
We already have the potential here
What we need now is experience to compliment the youth
That’s not true. In his first 4 PL seasons he played pretty much every game.

Managed 30 in his last season at Everton.

Only dropped under 30 since he joined us.

No he didn’t
He wasn’t a starter every game at Watford

And 30 games is 3/4 of a season
That’s a LOT of missed time

No he didn’t
He wasn’t a starter every game at Watford

And 30 games is 3/4 of a season
That’s a LOT of missed time

He played in 38 PL games in his season at Watford.

Starter or not, he was available.

30 out of 38 is probably higher than average in the PL

I think we would really have to go some to improve on Richi as the CF if he could maintain his fitness for majority of the season. I know you disagree but I'd be happy with Toney tbh, I think he'd score a bucketful playing up top in this team. But if the three options you mention I'd rather we go for a 'potential' we have scouted, our track record is very good in recent times....

I’d be thrilled if we signed Toney. Richarlison isn’t quite good enough IMO and it’s indicative of the entire front line which needs upgrading IMO. I know many disagree and that’s fine.

I’d be thrilled if we signed Toney. Richarlison isn’t quite good enough IMO and it’s indicative of the entire front line which needs upgrading IMO. I know many disagree and that’s fine.
Yeah I feel like we've been here before :D Thing is Richarlison had a minutes per goal of 136 in the league last season which was easily the best at the club (Son was over 170) and would have got 25 plus league goals if remained fit.

So yes, you can call him out for injury problems but for not being good enough? I'm not buying it, and I don't see many/any better options bar the obvious few who are out of our range.....

None.

Not even sure I'd take Kane back after his performances in the summer tournament.

I'd go with Richie and the kids, spend the money elsewhere, I think our biggest hole is DM.
I concur, I am also not sure it matters to much who is upfront if we still set ourselves up like an u12 side and no real DM with just one game plan

He played in 38 PL games in his season at Watford.

Starter or not, he was available.

30 out of 38 is probably higher than average in the PL
It may be
But if he is our only option he needs ti be fit for 38 league games
He isn’t enough for pre season currently

Yeah I feel like we've been here before :D Thing is Richarlison had a minutes per goal of 136 in the league last season which was easily the best at the club (Son was over 170) and would have got 25 plus league goals if remained fit.

So yes, you can call him out for injury problems but for not being good enough? I'm not buying it, and I don't see many/any better options bar the obvious few who are out of our range.....

Overall play not good enough IMO. The majority of his goals were tap ins. I’ve said before we can’t rely exclusively on those types of goals. I accept strikers like Kane who scores screamers as well as the easy right place right time chances are rare but we need a bit more from a CF.

None.

Not even sure I'd take Kane back after his performances in the summer tournament.

I'd go with Richie and the kids, spend the money elsewhere, I think our biggest hole is DM.

That’s a bit farcical to suggest there’s no one who would be more suitable than Richarlison. Kane doesn’t play well for England for a variety of reasons but he’s a shoe in to get 20-30 league goals if he stays fit. We’re not going to win anything with him Richarlison up front.

Was just going to post the same, he has had injury problems here but was a regular player for Everton.

That’s a bit farcical to suggest there’s no one who would be more suitable than Richarlison. Kane doesn’t play well for England for a variety of reasons but he’s a shoe in to get 20-30 league goals if he stays fit. We’re not going to win anything with him Richarlison up front.
That’s not what I said.

I said I didn’t have any suggestions.

I’m not sure who we could afford who would be a guaranteed upgrade on Richie, so I’d spend the money on someone guaranteed to be better than the hole we have from selling PEH.

That’s not what I said.

I said I didn’t have any suggestions.

I’m not sure who we could afford who would be a guaranteed upgrade on Richie, so I’d spend the money on someone guaranteed to be better than the hole we have from selling PEH.

Bergvall and/or Gray replace PEH as 4th/5th CM option

Back