• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

People in Melbourne, on the back of the trip last week. The same people who confirmed he was in the running for the job last year.
Thanks if he does jump ship he's not the guy I thought he was. All this talk of building something at Tottenham was just flimflam I just don't see it I hope the info is wrong

Thanks if he does jump ship he's not the guy I thought he was. All this talk of building something at Tottenham was just flimflam I just don't see it I hope the info is wrong
Totally agree. I would be very surprised if he did it...but the precedent is there with how he resigned from the Australia job right after qualifying for the World Cup because he didn't agree with the higher ups.

Totally agree. I would be very surprised if he did it...but the precedent is there with how he resigned from the Australia job right after qualifying for the World Cup because he didn't agree with the higher ups.
He would agree even less with the United ones IMo
They are making a lot of “interesting/odd” calls and Ange isn’t getting younger

I do not disagree at all...which is why I was reluctant to post anything. I don't think it will happen but it comes from a reasonable source.
United would be an odd fit for me
They are going through so many changes they need a project manager
Poch with time would be a good fit, especially with their younger player mix
Ange wants success asap and that’s what we want/need. The fit is IMO a good one

If there is any truth in it, it'd be more damning for Levy than Ange IMO. AVB, Tactics Tim, Poch, Conte, Jose and Ange all saying variations of the same thing would be hard to ignore. Hopefully it's flimflam.

Does ange deal with levy now? Munn is in charge of football matters.

Does ange deal with levy now? Munn is in charge of football matters.
I meant it would be damning on the club and Levy is the man who has overall responsibility for the club. He's also a constant in the reigns of all the managers mentioned. I hope it's flimflam and all is good but there is a lot of smoke that we're run as a business first and football club second (and we're a bloody well run business by the way).

If Ange was to walk saying something similar, it'd be pretty damning in my view. Hopefully he doesn't. No disrespect to @tommysvr, who does seem to have a clue what he's talking about, but at the minute we just have a very vague rumour.

I meant it would be damning on the club and Levy is the man who has overall responsibility for the club. He's also a constant in the reigns of all the managers mentioned. I hope it's flimflam and all is good but there is a lot of smoke that we're run as a business first and football club second (and we're a bloody well run business by the way).

If Ange was to walk saying something similar, it'd be pretty damning in my view. Hopefully he doesn't. No disrespect to @tommysvr, who does seem to have a clue what he's talking about, but at the minute we just have a very vague rumour.
Social media has become the rat in the brain for football supporters, they will believe anything they read, season just finished and we're signing and selling over a dozen players and I imagine every other club is doing the same. I remember the editor at the first paper I worked at saying bad news sells more papers than good and that's the principle the internet works on.

Social media has become the rat in the brain for football supporters, they will believe anything they read, season just finished and we're signing and selling over a dozen players and I imagine every other club is doing the same. I remember the editor at the first paper I worked at saying bad news sells more papers than good and that's the principle the internet works on.
Bad news is what people want
It’s a bizarre reality but bad sticks with people and creates a “good feeling” as they compare themselves with those less fortunate
Where as good news creates envy and jealousy and doesn’t last

I agree but in fairness, this hasn't come from the media or social media (unless you consider this site to be social media). It's come from a pretty well connected and trusted poster albeit with a huge disclaimer.

I agree but in fairness, this hasn't come from the media or social media (unless you consider this site to be social media). It's come from a pretty well connected and trusted poster albeit with a huge disclaimer.

If he's not a personal friend of Postercoglu I wouldn't consider him a well connected source, it falls into "my barber's brother-in-law mate says" rumour. My grandson was saying the same thing after the City game.

If he's not a personal friend of Postercoglu I wouldn't consider him a well connected source, it falls into "my barber's brother-in-law mate says" rumour. My grandson was saying the same thing after the City game.

You're absolutely right to be sceptical, I would be to. In fact, I am even though I know where I heard it is trustworthy. Maybe I shouldn't have bothered posting...I hesitated but mostly did it because I was shocked to hear it and perhaps saw this as potential therapy.

Munn being here doesnt change the fact Levy still holds the purse strings, and could still be restrictive in terms of getting the players Ange actually wants. Im not a Levy basher at all, but I would find it more damning if Ange was to be disillusioned and quit than the likes of Conte and Jose.....

You're absolutely right to be sceptical, I would be to. In fact, I am even though I know where I heard it is trustworthy. Maybe I shouldn't have bothered posting...I hesitated but mostly did it because I was shocked to hear it and perhaps saw this as potential therapy.
Nothing wrong with posting what you hear, I would trust almost anyone here to post what they say in good faith. At the end of the day, for all the bashing 'ITKs' get, people do get random decent snippets of info (not those 12 year old attention seeking types on Twitter) and even if things you hear do not come to fruition it doesn't mean what you heard wasn't true or at least have an element of truth to it.

Obviously hope its gonads though.....

Na, think you have enough credibility on here that I'd fully echo what @harr1984 has said. You're posting it in good faith from what you believe is a reliable source and you've advised people to take it with a grain of salt.

Anyway, the summer is not the same without me worrying about the managerial situation at Spurs so this restores an air of normality to proceedings.

Appreciate you posting and doing so without being cryptic or attention seeking about it.

I appreciate you see your source as trustworthy, I would be absolutely shocked if there's any chance he ends up at United. Guess we'll know in the next week or so.

Back