• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

3elotf6g0f1d1.png

I hope we can build up the number of clean sheets. I have high hopes hat Dragusin will add to our physicality and resistance to being targeted from set-pieces. I do wonder if he's getting more chances in the first team now because we plan to play him in the RCB position if/when Romero goes to the Olympics...

Which maybe we couldn’t afford at the time
We did break our transfer record and spend a fortune for Poch in his last year here
Too late. The squad had already stagnated.

I don't really buy the argument about the stadium impeding our ability to spend because in that case you sell to buy but we didn't do that either.

We could have just as an example sold Eriksen for £60m-80m and bought a young Madison for £20m plus maybe Tielmans and some others to bolster and reinvigorate the squad at the time.

I don't really buy the argument about the stadium impeding our ability to spend because in that case you sell to buy but we didn't do that either.

We could have just as an example sold Eriksen for £60m-80m and bought a young Madison for £20m plus maybe Tielmans and some others to bolster and reinvigorate the squad at the time.
That of course may have been an option
We don’t really know who an offer was made for

We’d have been rioting had we swapped Eriksen for Maddison back then.

We’d have been rioting had we swapped Eriksen for Maddison back then.
You might have been but I've always advocated for smart use of the market. The fans who complained would have gotten over it rather quickly when the performances and results were sustained. For the most part Spurs fans are eager to herald any player we sign as great.

The best clubs are those that know how and when to to release funds from an asset and when to reinvigorate their squads. I say it all the time but none of the clubs that actually win things just settle with the same players every season. They make additions and sometimes sell players that at the time it seems odd but time proves them right. That's strong club leadership and innovative use of the market. There is no reason why we can not also work that way.

You might have been but I've always advocated for smart use of the market. The fans who complained would have gotten over it rather quickly when the performances and results were sustained. For the most part Spurs fans are eager to herald any player we sign as great.

The best clubs are those that know how and when to to release funds from an asset and when to reinvigorate their squads. I say it all the time but none of the clubs that actually win things just settle with the same players every season. They make additions and sometimes sell players that at the time it seems odd but time proves them right. That's strong club leadership and innovative use of the market. There is no reason why we can not also work that way.

Yes, but 6 years ago Eriksen was one of the best players in the world and Maddison was some oik in the championship.

Mopo being available is going to make his job tougher next season, already seen comments about him coming back.
Pochettino will probably be in a new job way before Ange is in any kind of real trouble.

I also don't think Ange will be in any kind of trouble next season. Maybe the next time Poch is fired from wherever he goes next.

Yes, but 6 years ago Eriksen was one of the best players in the world and Maddison was some oik in the championship.
6 years ago you needed vision to see what Maddison could have added to the squad along with other players and that's my point. Don't be stuck on looking at just name brand players or even the ones we ready have, there are always new players on the horizon, the current kings don't last forever. You need to be constantly reinvigorating a squad to either keep ahead or catch up.

6 years ago you needed vision to see what Maddison could have added to the squad along with other players and that's my point. Don't be stuck on looking at just name brand players or even the ones we ready have, there are always new players on the horizon, the current kings don't last forever. You need to be constantly reinvigorating a squad to either keep ahead or catch up.

I agree, but at that time, that would have been a huge drop in quality.

You could make the same argument for selling any of the players from that exceptional Poch team back then.

Balance is needed, rather than always just cashing in and replacing with youth, which is what we did for so long before.

Back