• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Re: Official - Chiriches

Cahill stopped a certain goal today for Chelsea by sliding along the pitch on his a rse and nipping the ball off the forward.

After Chiriches does one of those I will start believing this talented CB can be our 1st choice.

I seem to remember this Cahill being let go by Villa at a young age before resurrecting his career at Bolton and being told he was the weak link in the Chelsea line up for a while too.

Also this is the kind of stuff Terry has built his career on. Last ditch all guts and glory tackling. Shame he is not good at the in and around bits and pieces against the nippy forwards and got caught out a lot internationally.

There was a post in this thread where someone was criticizing me for wanting 100% efficiency from a CB. So far no errors that lead to a goal being conceded and yesterday was proof that he does read the game in a different way from other defenders.

Sure, there will be doubters and it might come across as he doesn't care, but that's just his personal way of dealing with it, I guess. He will always try to get the best out of every scenario, thus he will be prone to some mistakes, but again, no goals conceded so far.

Cahill stopped a certain goal today for Chelsea by sliding along the pitch on his a rse and nipping the ball off the forward.

After Chiriches does one of those I will start believing this talented CB can be our 1st choice.

Why is that your measure of a good defender?

The great defenders are the ones that never have to make sliding last ditch tackles because their positioning, reading of the game and ability to jockey an attacker into a position which they want them is superior to all the rest.

Yes the Maldinis of the world had it in their locker to put in a well timed last ditch tackle, but for me the measure of a defender is their positioning and reading of the game. Generally the better this is, then the less number if last ditch tackles they have to make.

Such players are few and far between

Indeed... those were the days...

cq5dam.thumbnail.490.338.margin.png

2iehhgt.gif

?

He's back, a couple of dodgy games, but today was much much better. It's him and Vertonghen for me now, I've almost given up on Kaboul ever being fully fit again and Dawson, as much as I do love him, is not as good as theother three when all fit, he's got a position in the suad though for sure.

He's back, a couple of dodgy games, but today was much much better. It's him and Vertonghen for me now, I've almost given up on Kaboul ever being fully fit again and Dawson, as much as I do love him, is not as good as theother three when all fit, he's got a position in the suad though for sure.

He was very good today. The trouble is, if we play him and Vert, then we don't have anybody good in the air or particularly quick through the centre of defence. There is a lot of pace and power in attack in this league and I think there has to be some kind of counter to it from the defence.

I'd say him and Vertonghen wouldn't lack anymore pace then a Terry and Cahill central defence, throw Walker and Rose alongside them and I think pace wouldn't be an issue. Jan's strong enough, but I understand neither really attacks the ball in the way Dawson does. I'll freely admit I'm just picking the 2 best centre backs without really looking at how they'd gel together, but I reckon they'd work.

Totally right on Daws.

Imagine if AVB had stuck to his guns and sold him! We'd have had 1 fit CB...

Glad he's getting kudos becausse when he made mistakes, it appeared that posters were a little too quick to point them out. I really like the look of him - he gives me squeaky bum moments when I'm thinking 'get rid' but he looks for the pass. Played very well today. Good lad.

It was his immense calmness at the back that lead to the winning goal.

Neither Jan or Vlad are slow, I don't understand where that thought comes from, sure they're not Walker or Rose but they're certainly not slow.

Can anyone explain what he was doing for Wellbecks goal today? I think a lot of people are rating him today based solely on Micheal Owen silly decision. He was never motm.

Neither Jan or Vlad are slow, I don't understand where that thought comes from, sure they're not Walker or Rose but they're certainly not slow.

Chiriches isn't as slow as Dawson, but he isn't very quick at all. Vert turns like an oil-tanker. None of our centre halves have any recovery speed (see the recent goals conceded as examples) and that weakness is exploited by the opposition. If we have that weakness and add another one (no aerial dominance, with a Vert + Chriches partnership) then we'll be exploited even more imo.

Can anyone explain what he was doing for Wellbecks goal today? I think a lot of people are rating him today based solely on Micheal Owen silly decision. He was never motm.

Looked to be in a pretty natural position to me, it's his fault Januzaj passed the ball past him? If anything Dawson can see what's happening, I presume he had Welbeck so ...

Back