• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Plenty of talk that FSG wanted Martinez but Martinez didn't want to work under a DoF but Rodgers didn't mind. If that's the case I think we can rule out Martinez as the next Spurs manager.

Rodgers to 'pool and maybe Guardiola to Chelsea; the future-trains are indeed leaving the station, and we'll keep going with our coal-driven really old-school one...

Well put. Agreed. Only hope is that FSG mean what they say about top 4 being the min achievement required. He wont be there long in that case

you give it large with all that and then suggest AVB????:) One year wonder with Porto, alienated plenty at Chelsea in just over 6 months....AVB???

Only just seen this. Maybe you don't know who Andre Villas-Boas is, let me clarify.

Villas-Boas was Mourinho's key man at Chelsea, before he was hired as their manager. He compiled extensive dossiers on all the teams Chelsea would be playing, and he coached the players through the tactics they'd need to employ to get the best out of their opposition. He did this for three years, in that time helping Mourinho get back-to-back titles and several cups. Villas-Boas did all the hard work for Mourinho, to the point where Mourinho wanted him at Inter instead of Porto. At Porto, Villas-Boas won just about everything he came into contact with, and did so employing a very sophisticated tactical system, one which was very difficult for the opposition to break down. Under his leadership Porto played in a way which lead Roman Abramovich to shell-out a massive fee to Porto just to acquire Villas-Boas as his new manager.

Now, Chelsea's situation under Villas-Boas is completely deceiving. Villas-Boas had a better record in the league than Roberto Di Matteo did, and there's stats out there to prove it. All of the negativity around Villas-Boas is fan propaganda from Chelsea fans who were completely unwilling to have a transition season. Villas-Boas was in the midst of reforming the team and employing the kind of football Abramovich wanted, but he was: 1. Completely undermined by the prima-donnas in the dressing room, and 2. Was unable to acquire players he needed to enforce his tactics in the right way (Hulk and Moutinho being two of them, and a new centre-back); this meant the likes of John Terry had to play a high-line (as Chelsea didn't have a suitable replacement) and Terry couldn't do it, which meant Chelsea conceded a lot of goals; then with Kalou and company not delivering, and a mis-firing Torres, who he was forced to keep, Villas-Boas couldn't recreate the success of the tactics he used at Porto. If he'd had another season, I'm sure he'd have rejuvenated Chelsea, even if they didn't win the Champions League or FA Cup. I also think they'd have finished in a Champions League spot, too.

Plenty of talk that FSG wanted Martinez but Martinez didn't want to work under a DoF but Rodgers didn't mind. If that's the case I think we can rule out Martinez as the next Spurs manager.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/30/liverpool-brendan-rodgers-swansea-city

"One major obstacle to becoming Liverpool manager, for both Rodgers and Roberto Mart?¡nez of Wigan Athletic, who met principal owner John W Henry in Miami last week, was the new management structure that FSG had intended to install at Anfield.

Louis van Gaal has been approached over becoming the club's new sporting director but, with neither managerial candidate willing to work that way and the Dutchman wanting a high level of control at Liverpool, that idea may be diluted to secure FSG's preferred choice of Rodgers as manager."

Re AVB: The fact that he had to play Terry and still chose to go with the high line says quite a bit.

The official statement on RAWK:

Brendan Rodgers is the new manager of Liverpool.

We at RAWK have always firmly believed that one of the strengths of being a Liverpool supporter is that we support the manager. We welcome him to our club and sincerely hope he understands the culture and history and requirements of one being manager at Liverpool Football Club, one of the major jobs in the world of football.

There may be some fans on here who did not wish for his appointment, perhaps preferring any number of other candidates. Let us make one thing clear: We support our manager. Full stop. If any of you are unable to do that, you will find yourselves looking for another fansite to post on. Liverpool supporters are meant to do things the right way and make no mistake, we will remove persistent whingers, moaners, nostalgists and petty posters from this site without a second thought.

Welcome Brendan, you've a bloody big pair of boots to fill. Good luck and welcome and all the best from us at RAWK :wave

:ross:

There wouldn't be anyone left in this place if that was the rule.

you give it large with all that and then suggest AVB????:) One year wonder with Porto, alienated plenty at Chelsea in just over 6 months....AVB???

He's the next Special One don'tcherknow ;) AVB may turn out to prove a good manager yet but he is in need of a sharp course in man management! I haven't seen the likes since a certain Spaniard isolated half the Spurs squad!

Last edited:
Martinez turns down Liverpool over plans for three sporting directors

The Reds' American owners are preparing a major restructure of managerial affairs, plans which new boss Brendan Rodgers was more willing to accept than the Spaniard

Roberto Martinez ruled himself out of contention to manage Liverpool because of the club’s plans for an inflated new management structure, Goal.com can reveal.

The Reds want a tier of three directors to take up the duties performed by former director of football Damien Comolli in a pioneering plan to make their operations more effective.

Martinez, however, was not willing to work under three men, plus managing director Ian Ayre, and the Wigan boss informed Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group (FSG) on Tuesday that he would not join the club.

Martinez's withdrawal opened the door for Brendan Rodgers to take the role due to his willingness to work within Liverpool’s proposed structure.

The Northern Irishman fits FSG’s vision for a young, dynamic manager who is capable of introducing a footballing ethos which runs through all levels at the club.

Goal.com understands Liverpool’s groundbreaking plan is to employ one executive to oversee statistics, another whose role will be to conduct negotiations and a third ‘football man’ with contacts within the game.

FSG has already interviewed four candidates to take on the duties, with current Head of Analytics Michael Edwards set for a promotion to take charge of the ‘Moneyball’ concept of finding value in the transfer market based on statistics. Edwards was previously a performance analyst at Tottenham and Portsmouth.

Louis van Gaal remains the outstanding candidate to take on the more traditional sporting director duties given his wealth of experience, his knowledge of players and his worldwide contacts.

Rodgers is believed to have told Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins that wanted to take over at Anfield during a two-hour meeting on Tuesday.

That came shortly after Martinez turned down the job, believing his power and control over the football side of the club would be too diluted for him to realise his vision to bring regular Champions League football back to Anfield.

Martinez, 38, still feels ready for a new challenge and remains a leading candidate for the vacancy at Aston Villa.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/05/30/3136828/martinez-drops-out-of-liverpool-race-as-fsg-line-up-three

"For me the focus is on Swansea. I came here to do a job.

"The story for us all so far has been fantastic and I hope that will continue.

"If any of our fans are wondering about me and Chelsea, they need not panic.

"I am trying to build my career and not destroy it."

Rodgers admits the Chelsea post is an attractive one and is intrigued as to how the vacancy will be filled.

"There is so much going for Chelsea - it's a terrific club," he added.

"But you can't continue doing what they do and have success. It does not work.

"The next manager who goes in there will have the same problems and issues.

"It's a big job and demanding job - that's how it is at the big clubs and that's why the salaries are so high.

"It's certainly going to be interesting to see what route they go down now."

Wise choice going to Liverpool then. :rolleyes:

Goal.com understands Liverpool’s groundbreaking plan is to employ one executive to oversee statistics, another whose role will be to conduct negotiations and a third ‘football man’ with contacts within the game.

Moneyball-poster-2.jpg

This is exactly what Rodgers needed to do at this stage of his career. Prove himself with a mid-table team before joining us in a couple of seasons time ;)

The official statement on RAWK:

Brendan Rodgers is the new manager of Liverpool.

We at RAWK have always firmly believed that one of the strengths of being a Liverpool supporter is that we support the manager. We welcome him to our club and sincerely hope he understands the culture and history and requirements of one being manager at Liverpool Football Club, one of the major jobs in the world of football.

There may be some fans on here who did not wish for his appointment, perhaps preferring any number of other candidates. Let us make one thing clear: We support our manager. Full stop. If any of you are unable to do that, you will find yourselves looking for another fansite to post on. Liverpool supporters are meant to do things the right way and make no mistake, we will remove persistent whingers, moaners, nostalgists and petty posters from this site without a second thought.

Welcome Brendan, you've a bloody big pair of boots to fill. Good luck and welcome and all the best from us at RAWK :wave

:ross:

There wouldn't be anyone left in this place if that was the rule.

Lmao loving the sanctimoniouness of it all...shame that didn't apply to poor ol roy, who had a much better cv when he became liverfail manager!

This is exactly what Rodgers needed to do at this stage of his career. Prove himself with a mid-table team before joining us in a couple of seasons time ;)

Its obvious he was an ideal candidate for a lot of teams. Im pretty sure levy would have gone for him had Harry gone off to England. Liverpool are still a passing team so im sure Rodgers can see a way of getting them playing. Im pretty sure this is going to have a good effect on them and could see them up alongside us pushing for Champions league again.

Out of all the managers around, he was the one i really wanted at Spurs. I still miffed at Harry for never saying he just wanted to stay at spurs. Was pretty obvious he would take the England job if they had offered it to him. Now I feel we are stuck with someone who was ready to jump, whilst we had been looking at replacements.

Now, Chelsea's situation under Villas-Boas is completely deceiving. Villas-Boas had a better record in the league than Roberto Di Matteo did, and there's stats out there to prove it. All of the negativity around Villas-Boas is fan propaganda from Chelsea fans who were completely unwilling to have a transition season. Villas-Boas was in the midst of reforming the team and employing the kind of football Abramovich wanted, but he was: 1. Completely undermined by the prima-donnas in the dressing room, and 2. Was unable to acquire players he needed to enforce his tactics in the right way (Hulk and Moutinho being two of them, and a new centre-back); this meant the likes of John Terry had to play a high-line (as Chelsea didn't have a suitable replacement) and Terry couldn't do it, which meant Chelsea conceded a lot of goals; then with Kalou and company not delivering, and a mis-firing Torres, who he was forced to keep, Villas-Boas couldn't recreate the success of the tactics he used at Porto. If he'd had another season, I'm sure he'd have rejuvenated Chelsea, even if they didn't win the Champions League or FA Cup. I also think they'd have finished in a Champions League spot, too.

This is the "What if....?" I have with AVB.

There are no excuses for the highlighted parts.
He shouldnt have been "enforcing" his tactics.
John Terry did not have to play a system he is completely unsuited to.
AVB should, if he is a top class manager, be able to utilise more than one system.

AVB should have recognised his preferred tactics would not work (or even a little later were not working) and adapted. Instead of using the tools at his disposal to their best effect and transitioning over time to his ideal he stubbornly tried to force the issue when it patently would not (and did not) work.

This is the issue for me. Without trying to be so radical so quickly he could well still have a job and the players onside.

I think he should have recognised this is a group of players that have been unable to change system since Mourinhos days. That he didnt have the players to jump straight to his ideal set up. And also that it would be wise to USE the old heads in the first place to aid his transition into dressing room leader and get early points on the board.

Over time he should then have been introducing his style, along with players to really make it work.

A gradual process was the most obvious one. What worries me about him is that in the first place he didnt see that and in the second he didnt back off from his position in the interests of getting the team functioning and winning.

That aside I agree with the first portion of your post and think he has a lot going for him - I also think Spurs are very well set up for him - more so than Chelsea.

Problem is, it seems he made fundamentally bad management decisions - not the most encouraging sign

Last edited:
Gerard and Rooney aside none of the stars in the 3 sides to win the cl in recent times were English.

United's team in 99 included Beckham, Wes Brown, Jonathan Greening and Phil Neville. Scholes was suspended. From the Bayern squad only Salihamidzic, age 35, is still playing football. Could probably draw some conclusions from that if I wanted to. :lol:

Its still not announced, but it looks likely. In which case, I'd never want him at Spurs, ever. If he was ****ish enough to leave Swansea after just a season in the top flight, while breaking their transfer record (thus potentially screwing things up for his successor) and promising all and sundry he'd only leave for a serious job (and moving to to a team that finished just three places and five points ahead of his does not fit that bill), then he's ****ish enough to do the same (or worse) to us. We took a risk on Harry. We don't need to take another one.

Good luck, Brendan. You'll need it at that madhouse. Though, if you fail, somehow I cant see myself getting too downhearted, either about Liverpool or about you.;)

Back