• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Problem is, it seems he made fundamentally bad management decisions - not the most encouraging sign

He is still learning as a manager and will have learnt a lot from what happened at Chelsea. Rodgers is the flavour of the month but it was not so long ago he was sacked at Reading. He learnt and moved on. Same can happen with AVB. Whilst people say he only had one good season at Porto, they did rip it up across europe as well and not just in Portugal.

He is still learning as a manager and will have learnt a lot from what happened at Chelsea. Rodgers is the flavour of the month but it was not so long ago he was sacked at Reading. He learnt and moved on. Same can happen with AVB. Whilst people say he only had one good season at Porto, they did rip it up across europe as well and not just in Portugal.

Im not saying he cant or wont learn, nothing like it.

Im simply saying he made fundamental management errors, very poor decisions - and thats a niggle I would have if we were to appoint him.

I am not saying he would do it again, I would sincerely hope he learns a great deal from the Chelsea episode.

Im simply saying he made fundamental management errors, very poor decisions - and thats a niggle I would have if we were to appoint him.

I am not saying he would do it again, I would sincerely hope he learns a great deal from the Chelsea episode.

Can you name a single manager that hasn't?

The Swansea fans are pretty tinkled off about this. And he's joining a club where the fans don't really want him. The probability of failure is pretty high and it might be the end of his managerial career.

agreed. I think he is an outstanding candidate and someone i would be more comfortable moving forward with than Redknapp.

The Swansea fans are pretty tinkled off about this. And he's joining a club where the fans don't really want him. The probability of failure is pretty high and it might be the end of his managerial career.

Why dont they want him? were they expecting Guardiola or something lol :)

United's team in 99 included Beckham, Wes Brown, Jonathan Greening and Phil Neville. Scholes was suspended. From the Bayern squad only Salihamidzic, age 35, is still playing football. Could probably draw some conclusions from that if I wanted to. :lol:

True, not forgetting teddy of course and Andy cole, but im really only talking about Liverpool 2005 Manu 2008 and Chelsea this year. None of those team's best players were English bar Gerard and Rooney. Yes they all had English players in their squads but their top players who made the greatest contribution to winning the cl were foreign! Just saying coz the argument about English teams winning the cl is misleading!

True, not forgetting teddy of course and Andy cole, but im really only talking about Liverpool 2005 Manu 2008 and Chelsea this year. None of those team's best players were English bar Gerard and Rooney. Yes they all had English players in their squads but their top players who made the greatest contribution to winning the cl were foreign! Just saying coz the argument about English teams winning the cl is misleading!

I was going to mention them, but then I realised that in 13 years United have hardly brought through any real talent. They had a potential midfield of Beckham, Scholes, Neville, Giggs then and they're all still major players for their respective clubs.

Plenty of talk that FSG wanted Martinez but Martinez didn't want to work under a DoF but Rodgers didn't mind. If that's the case I think we can rule out Martinez as the next Spurs manager.

Possible that this is one of the reasons he turned them down, but equally he may have seen the role as a poisoned chalice, and the 'not wanting to work under a DoF' could be a convenient excuse? I am sure that Martinez would consider us if we went after him, we have better players than Liverpool full stop.

"We're exactly where the Red Sox were."

Can I point out, as a Red Sox fan, that we're not in a fudging good place at all.

Bit worried that Rodgers will try to turn Caulker's head now,
easier to do at Liverpool than Swansea.
They pay higher wages and Rodgers would use him straight away.

Back