• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Gerard and Rooney aside none of the stars in the 3 sides to win the cl in recent times were English.

Ferdinand, A Cole, Lampard.....Carrick and Scholes played in 2008...Terry practically played 90% of Chelsea's CL run

They already have Agger, Skrtl, Coates and Carragher. Carragher should have been shipped out last year at the latest, but he'll probably stay for life.

My reading of it was they wanted Rodgers but he didn't want to be a part of the interview circus so Liverpool then went for Martinez, after that they offered Rodgers the job straight up, to which he has seemingly accepted.

Young up and coming british players no longer good enough for 'pool?

Only this time, it would actually be a good buy...

Not what Im saying at all. You seem determined to pick at my posts tonight ;)

At Swansea, on a shoe string, loaning a Tottenham academy player was a risk but turned out a stroke of genius.

At Liverpool expectations and resources are significantly different. I would be amazed if they thought a Tottenham academy player would be a top transfer target. They will be aiming higher.

This is by no means a judgement of Caulkers ability or potential, simply his standing in the game vs their ambitions and likely level of target

Not what Im saying at all. You seem determined to pick at my posts tonight ;)

At Swansea, on a shoe string, loaning a Tottenham academy player was a risk but turned out a stroke of genius.

At Liverpool expectations and resources are significantly different. I would be amazed if they thought a Tottenham academy player would be a top transfer target. They will be aiming higher.

This is by no means a judgement of Caulkers ability or potential, simply his standing in the game vs their ambitions and likely level of target

I wasn't picking at your post, more picking at 'liverpool's' transfer strategy ;)

(by 'liverpool's' i of course mean KKK)

I can only say what I think they would do - who knows in reality?

I think its near certain they would look for more that Caulker. Also, as I think about it, Joe Cole might have a future there after all...

That 'statement' on RAWK is cringeworthy. It's tow the party line or be shot basically. That place is like East Germany before the wall came down, complete with Stasi moderators.

David Johnson ex LFC on SSN saying they have wanted Rodgers all along and that the impression that FSG dont know what they are doing is a false one

hahahahaha yeh ok, bell end

I suppose we should all stick our necks on the block and say how we think it's going to work out for Rodgers.

My opinion is that it will all be a bit too much for him at this point in his career, and that it won't work.

He may well survive a season or two, but I really fear for the guy if Liverpool lose 3 or 4 on the trot. The pressure could snowball very quickly. I also fear that "one season syndrome" will prove correct. And also let's remember that his sights have to change from dealing with Ôé¼2m footballers to dealing with Ôé¼20m footballers. That's a big leap, even if it turns out he's not the one buying those players. If it turns out he is the one overseeing transfers - that's a bit unclear at the moment - that's even more pressure again.

I wish him well because he's a very likeable chap, and I don't hate Liverpool as much as others here, but my prediction: Fail.

It would seem certain that FSG want to play Moneyball with their Director of Statistics role in the much vaunted (and strangely underused) three tier management structure! Wonder how this will pan out?

I suppose we should all stick our necks on the block and say how we think it's going to work out for Rodgers.

i think he will do reasonably well but will not be able to achieve the targets that the fans expect (ie top 4) well, he will be hounded out before he get's the chance to.
first season will be hit and miss, second season top 6, 3rd season top 6 (if not fired) 3rd season sacked

I don't think the Moneyball style management is suited to football beyond a certain level (based on my limited knowledge of what it actually is) i think Liverpool are setting themselves up for a potential lolfest the way they seem to be approaching the different types of DoF - we have shown how hard it is to get it right with just the one

Last edited:

My opinion is that it will all be a bit too much for him at this point in his career, and that it won't work.

He may well survive a season or two, but I really fear for the guy if Liverpool lose 3 or 4 on the trot. The pressure could snowball very quickly. I also fear that "one season syndrome" will prove correct. And also let's remember that his sights have to change from dealing with €2m footballers to dealing with €20m footballers. That's a big leap, even if it turns out he's not the one buying those players. If it turns out he is the one overseeing transfers - that's a bit unclear at the moment - that's even more pressure again.

I wish him well because he's a very likeable chap, and I don't hate Liverpool as much as others here, but my prediction: Fail.

Seeing as I'm a firm believer in chaos theory and random chance I think it's very possible that he could end up both as a success and as a failure.

I think it's a good move by Liverpool, he is one of the better managers they could get I think, at least with their current structure.

Perhaps the most likely way for this to fail would be either through some argument between him and a Van Gaal character, or if he isn't allowed to bring in the players he wants. He seems very capable of identifying and getting the player types he wants for his system and game plan to work. If one of their possibly many directors don't allow Rodgers that freedom I can see some real problems there.

I don't think the Moneyball style management is suited to football beyond a certain level (based on my limited knowledge of what it actually is) i think Liverpool are setting themselves up for a potential lolfest the way they seem to be approaching the different types of DoF - we have shown how hard it is to get it right with just the one

This probably sounds overly optimistic, but for me one of the best application I know of of Moneyball in football has been implemented by Daniel Levy.

The entire concept was to get value for money, sell players that were overrated and ineffective, bring in cheaper players that are underrated, but effective. Buy cheaply when possibly, sell expensively when possible. Exploit that others are making mistakes in the transfer market. For baseball it was and is reasonably possible to make those ratings fairly well based on stats, football is a different game and although some stats certainly help there needs to be some real scouting and planning, taking your game plan and system of play into account with the manager of course.

Although we haven't always succeeded in the scouting area, nor in the game plan area because some of our football men haven't delivered, the overall plan has worked very well for us.

Rodgers is 1/50 to be the next manager, so it looks like it's a done deal. That's too bad, I think he'll do an excellent job there.

Swansea won't stand in the way of Brendan Rodgers taking the Liverpool job and the clubs are currently negotiating compensation.

Ferdinand, A Cole, Lampard.....Carrick and Scholes played in 2008...Terry practically played 90% of Chelsea's CL run[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but who played the biggest part in man u winning te cl...tevez and ronaldo, and aye scholes at a push I'll admit
And nearly got them knocked out against barca, IT was Ramirez and drogba that made the difference, not their fading English stars

Back