• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

You really think Rodgers is actually on the brink? (As in, owners/chairman actually thinking about getting rid).

Seems to me like it's just a bunch of impatient entitled fans whinging like a bunch of spoiled brats...

It's more on the brink of being on the brink. If they collapse now and finish 6th or 7th the end of season review will be tough. Especially if he's the one that pushed for spending 100 million on those Spaniards that never play, Sakho, Lovren, Lallana and Markovic. Balotelli was obviously done without his initial approval.

It's more on the brink of being on the brink. If they collapse now and finish 6th or 7th the end of season review will be tough. Especially if he's the one that pushed for spending 100 million on those Spaniards that never play, Sakho, Lovren, Lallana and Markovic. Balotelli was obviously done without his initial approval.

Think he will be given a bit of time regardless. A realistic goal for them this season was to challenge for 4th, they've gotten thereabouts in a somewhat disappointing season for them.

Agree that transfers will be a sticking point. He's seemingly really struggling to spend money wisely after the initial success with Coutinho and Sturridge. Don't think that will be enough to see him fired.

Don't think he'll be actually close to the brink until into next season if they struggle to get the results they need to really challenge for 4th.

i think Liverpool will be really tempted by Klopp if he is keen to go there

You really think Rodgers is actually on the brink? (As in, owners/chairman actually thinking about getting rid).

Seems to me like it's just a bunch of impatient entitled fans whinging like a bunch of spoiled brats...

I think its partly that, although there were rumours last summer that this season was CL or bust as the owners were not greatly enamoured with his leadership style, don't forget who they are as well, there is a line on a graph somewhere that determines his fate.

If Klopp is available they would be foolish not to consider it.

Brenton: "I don't think there's anyone better, three months ago I was a tactical genius and performing to a good level. We lost a couple of games, some important (make that every important one ever), and now you're not so good."

"There was obviously a lot of money spent last summer with players coming in and take the emotion out of last weekend and we probably over achieved last year."

"We lost those players (Suarez and Sturridge), brought in others to strengthen and improve the squad." Absolutely nothing like Spurs

"We're in the top five and reached two semis and in some ways that is a par for where we are at."

"Obviously the ambition is to be greater than that and that of course means bringing in players in the summer."

"Last year was an opportunity and next will be an even greater one to kick on."

Brenton: "I don't think there's anyone better, three months ago I was a tactical genius and performing to a good level. We lost a couple of games, some important (make that every important one ever), and now you're not so good."

"There was obviously a lot of money spent last summer with players coming in and take the emotion out of last weekend and we probably over achieved last year."

"We lost those players (Suarez and Sturridge), brought in others to strengthen and improve the squad." Absolutely nothing like Spurs

"We're in the top five and reached two semis and in some ways that is a par for where we are at."

"Obviously the ambition is to be greater than that and that of course means bringing in players in the summer."

"Last year was an opportunity and next will be an even greater one to kick on."
Certainly not many with a bigger mouth, that's for sure!

He's had 3 years .. 2 out of the CL, team still has no set formation/style, a lot of his purchases are very suspect if not outright brick.

I'm not saying he's gone, but lets be clear, the pressure for Pool to make CL is higher than it is for us, and his position will be evaluated ..

they obviously had an incredible season last year, but are they any better off now than the day he took over, is the squad any stronger?

very questionable imo

He's had 3 years .. 2 out of the CL, team still has no set formation/style, a lot of his purchases are very suspect if not outright crud.

I'm not saying he's gone, but lets be clear, the pressure for Pool to make CL is higher than it is for us, and his position will be evaluated ..

to be fair to rodgers, 1 year out of 3 in the cl is not that bad. given that there is city, utd, chelsea and wenger, its hard for teams like us and liverpool to get into the cl with any great frequency due to the finances involved.

however, he needs to take a lot of criticism. he was very willing to praise himself and his work when things were going well. ie. he talked about how his tactical work/musings to pundits. i specifically remember robbie savage explaining on 606 what rodgers had told him, and how he thought rodgers was basically a genius lol. the pair of them are mugs. also, rodgers would often say that "liverpool were ahead of schedule" referring to the season they were having (last season). which is utter bs. because last season was them just getting lucky/being on the good end of variance. this season they have just reverted back to where they probably should be. and 2 seasons ago, they were performing below par (unlucky). basically, 5-6th is the level they are at. and some years they may finish a bit higher, and in others, a bit lower. theres absolutely no "schedule" that they are on. the same applies to all the other top 6 teams. apart from city, they have all been roughly in the same position. city have shown that the only way to change the "schedule" is by changing the investment levels. rodgers is an utter mug, and liverpool would do well to take a gamble and bring in klopp imo

i think Liverpool will be really tempted by Klopp if he is keen to go there

Agreed. He's an upgrade on Rodgers for sure.

Besides that scenario, I think Liverpool would be unwise to get rid. They've spent unwisely this season, but they were in with a real shout of the top 4 until the whole Sterling contract situation derailed their season. Not making excuses for them though. They have the fifth best squad in the country so they're about where they should be.

Agreed. He's an upgrade on Rodgers for sure.

Besides that scenario, I think Liverpool would be unwise to get rid. They've spent unwisely this season, but they were in with a real shout of the top 4 until the whole Sterling contract situation derailed their season. Not making excuses for them though. They have the fifth best squad in the country so they're about where they should be.

Problem is they don't know their best 11 (they have usually been their best when Rodgers is forced to play a cert group or formation, true last year as well), they don't have a system/style that anyone can define and their purchases have been pretty terrible, you back a manager (who unlike ours, claims he had 100% say on the signings), you overpay for PL players and none of them (only Lallana has been even decent) have been worth it

Brenton must be on some serious heavy medication!! The guy is a complete nut-head macaron!!! They didn't have a single attempt until the 55th minute and this is what he says:
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says his players were "outstanding" against West Brom
""I thought they were excellent. We didn't get the win, but our overall game was outstanding," Rodgers said."

His use of words like "outstanding", "magnificent" and "excellent" is beyond belief. I honestly start to think that he actually doesn't know the meaning of those words!

CDcvEoTVAAAqegi.jpg

That's exactly how exciting and outstanding it was.

I actually still think Rodgers is a very good manager myself. The task of propelling Liverpool back into at least contention for the top 4 was a mammoth one after what Comolli and King Kenny did. Then rebuilding the side after the loss of Suarez (and Sturridge) has been impressive.

Another outstanding performance by Liverpool! Unlucky to lose the game. I thought they were excellent! Top class effort. Can't fault the players, they gave everything. The all round game, passing, the movement. It was outstanding.

Problem is they don't know their best 11 (they have usually been their best when Rodgers is forced to play a cert group or formation, true last year as well), they don't have a system/style that anyone can define and their purchases have been pretty terrible, you back a manager (who unlike ours, claims he had 100% say on the signings), you overpay for PL players and none of them (only Lallana has been even decent) have been worth it

Agreed. I see people on here wanting Pochettino to be more flexible, try a back 3 for a month or whatever, try a diamond, switch it up, "do what Rodgers does". But there's a clear downside to that kind of approach too. That downside is looking pretty clear at this point at Liverpool. Meanwhile up in Manchester van Gaal has primarily succeeded by stopping his experimentation and revert to a more standard formation and system.

I do think some of their signings will come good. Can has been quite good, Moreno looks full of potential and so does Markovic. Worryingly for Liverpool and Rodgers though is that very few of the players signed have succeeded in the actual positions/roles they were signed for. Was Markovic really signed as a wing back? Can as a centre back? It seems like a lot of shifting and moving until something temporarily works for a bit, then rinse and repeat.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the summer. I don't think they'll get rid of Rodgers, but they also don't really have a DoF or anything like that with a solid transfer record to shift the responsibility to. Might see them be more careful in their transfer approach and go for somewhat safer options and safer risk/reward choices.

Back