• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Have they officially "done a Spurs" yet?

someone should put together a vine of that asshole saying that earlier in the season .. and post it everywhere ..

People talk about sexy, but Pool seems to be the ultimate bottlers ... just when it matters, they choke ...

Celtic haven't been playing this well for years! Should have won the treble, but were a bit unlucky in the FA cup semi. Deila has proven the critics wrong, and the whole club is buying into his philosophy now. I'm not kidding. Deila would have done better than Rodders with the same team.

Not. Sure. If. Serious.

?

Deila is the next big thing. Hope we're keeping an eye on him for when Poch leaves. His attacking style of football would be a great fit for us.

Celtic won't swap someone who will work with the players he has and is only paid a fraction of what Rodgers is currently earning.

Celtic haven't been playing this well for years! Should have won the treble, but were a bit unlucky in the FA cup semi. Deila has proven the critics wrong, and the whole club is buying into his philosophy now. I'm not kidding. Deila would have done better than Rodders with the same team.
Deila is the next big thing. Hope we're keeping an eye on him for when Poch leaves. His attacking style of football would be a great fit for us.

Celtic won't swap someone who will work with the players he has and is only paid a fraction of what Rodgers is currently earning.

(Still) Not. Sure. If. Serious.

12/13 - Borini, Allen, Yesil & Assaidi - £28m total
13/14 - Luis Alberto, Aspas, Ilori - £21m
14/15 - Lallana, Lambert, Markovic, Lovren, balotelli - £85m

£134m in players .. and 3 or 4 places lower than last season ..

12/13 - Borini, Allen, Yesil & Assaidi - £28m total
13/14 - Luis Alberto, Aspas, Ilori - £21m
14/15 - Lallana, Lambert, Markovic, Lovren, balotelli - £85m

£134m in players .. and 3 or 4 places lower than last season ..

You're missing quite a few there. It's over 200 million in total.

You're missing quite a few there. It's over 200 million in total.

too lazy ... but its amazing how much our fans and media go on about the Bale money, this was money spent with a CL place ..

you spend 200M and the best buy is fudging Lallana ...

id rather we went for Eddie Howe next

id rather we went for Eddie Howe next

Eddie Howe is overrated. He needs to learn how to organize a defense first.

Deila will soon have won the league in two different countries. Winning it in Norway with Strømsgodset is like doing it with Aston Villa in England. He's a winner, but also a very good coach and now he's getting valuable experience of managing a big club (in terms of fans and club hierarchy), playing in Europe and dealing with a clogged up fixture list.

Disagree Jord. Eddie Howe has a lot to learn of course but what he's done/doing right now is nothing short of world-class managing.

On your other point you or I could win the Scottish league with Celtic so I don't think we can pay much attention to what he's doing up there to be fair.

they have a transfer committee at Liverpool...Rodgers doesnt have sole control over transfers

Wasn't it reported, or at least speculated, that he demanded and got more control over transfers last season?

I think some of his most recent signings will come good. A lot of talent in Moreno, Markovic and Can for example. But I'm not seeing many "Rodgers is the one we missed out on, just look at how Liverpool does things" posts in regards to our situation any more.

Eddie Howe is overrated. He needs to learn how to organize a defense first.

Deila will soon have won the league in two different countries. Winning it in Norway with Strømsgodset is like doing it with Aston Villa in England. He's a winner, but also a very good coach and now he's getting valuable experience of managing a big club (in terms of fans and club hierarchy), playing in Europe and dealing with a clogged up fixture list.

I like him, but not entirely convinced. Huge step up from Norway and Celtic to for example the PL.

Took him a lot of time to build that Strømsgodset side, time to instill his philosphy, gradually improve and work on things. There was also a bit of a power vacuum in the ridiculously inconsistent Norwegian league when he did win the league. He's gotten time at Celtic primarily because the league is so short on competition with Rangers out of it. He's already lost 4 games this season, last season they lost 1 in total all season. Had Rangers been in the league and running away with it at this point would he even be in the job still?

He's coming from a very different footballing culture in Norway. If he can get his ideas across and instill a philosophy at a PL club I think he could do really well, but if he'll be able to and if he'll get the time to do it when the results aren't coming I'm not so sure. At the very least he'd have to be very picky when choosing a club.

Didn't most of their poorer results come early on when he was still working on the change from Lennon's defend and hoof mentality? Celtic fans in general are very happy with him now. They're actually playing (some decent) football.

Didn't most of their poorer results come early on when he was still working on the change from Lennon's defend and hoof mentality? Celtic fans in general are very happy with him now. They're actually playing (some decent) football.

Sure. But at many PL clubs poorer results (than expectations) in the first half season can easily be enough to see someone fired. Most jobs he could realistically get are not with clubs that can quite comfortably absorb an additional 3-4 losses in half a season without at least struggling to reach their targets.

My point is that his style takes time to implement. It's probably quite a bit easier to implement a style of play with handily the best players in the league than it would be at a mid table-ish side in a very competitive league. We've never seen him actually do it and many have failed before. Implementing a style of play or footballing philosphy in a group of players like at many PL clubs is not something that's easily done, as we've also seen repeatedly.

Celtic job was a very good one for him for those reasons imo. Was (just about) always get a reasonable amount of success early on (though overall a league title and failed in CL qualifiers is pretty much a failure objectively speaking), that buys him time to do his thing. A job like the Villa job after Lambert where patience and regression to the mean would give him time could be good, though the drastic style change might be a cause for pause. If he could get a Swansea or Southampton job that might be just right, but those jobs are not easy to get. If he gets a "desperation" job like Solskjær I think he could very easily fail just as miserably. Same as Solbakken before him. Deila is not really any more proven when it comes to those challenges of taking over a mid table-ish club in a competitive league than those two before him.

Sure. But at many PL clubs poorer results (than expectations) in the first half season can easily be enough to see someone fired. Most jobs he could realistically get are not with clubs that can quite comfortably absorb an additional 3-4 losses in half a season without at least struggling to reach their targets.

My point is that his style takes time to implement. It's probably quite a bit easier to implement a style of play with handily the best players in the league than it would be at a mid table-ish side in a very competitive league. We've never seen him actually do it and many have failed before. Implementing a style of play or footballing philosphy in a group of players like at many PL clubs is not something that's easily done, as we've also seen repeatedly.

Celtic job was a very good one for him for those reasons imo. Was (just about) always get a reasonable amount of success early on (though overall a league title and failed in CL qualifiers is pretty much a failure objectively speaking), that buys him time to do his thing. A job like the Villa job after Lambert where patience and regression to the mean would give him time could be good, though the drastic style change might be a cause for pause. If he could get a Swansea or Southampton job that might be just right, but those jobs are not easy to get. If he gets a "desperation" job like Solskjær I think he could very easily fail just as miserably. Same as Solbakken before him. Deila is not really any more proven when it comes to those challenges of taking over a mid table-ish club in a competitive league than those two before him.

I think his style is similar to what we're already playing, so wouldn't need to change too much. It's quite impressive when you consider the lack of signings (certainly a lack of the fabled HIS signings) and not having picked any of his coaches. He's working with what he's been given. Maybe a top Championship job would be the next logical step, but I think he could be ready for more (like Southampton or Everton maybe, stay away from Saudi Sportswashing Machine at least).

I think his style is similar to what we're already playing, so wouldn't need to change too much. It's quite impressive when you consider the lack of signings (certainly a lack of the fabled HIS signings) and not having picked any of his coaches. He's working with what he's been given. Maybe a top Championship job would be the next logical step, but I think he could be ready for more (like Southampton or Everton maybe, stay away from Saudi Sportswashing Machine at least).

Southampton or Everton could be very good jobs for him for sure.

Someone like us or Liverpool where he essentially would have to outperform the financial starting position considerably within a period of 2-3 years and where a dip in form to mid-table even for as short a time as half a season to 8-9 months could see him out the door... Not so sure. Bottom half teams desperately fighting against relegation and all the focus on short term survival, doesn't seem like a good fit. Someone in the Championship trying to replicate what Swansea and Southampton have done before them could be a great fit.

Since this is the victims thread and Rodgers is on the brink: DON'T GO THERE RONNY, PLEASE!!!!

You really think Rodgers is actually on the brink? (As in, owners/chairman actually thinking about getting rid).

Seems to me like it's just a bunch of impatient entitled fans whinging like a bunch of spoiled brats...

Back