• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

No he didn't.

Anyway i've been impressed with what he's done over there. I mean he's turned that turbo brick team (last season) to a team that play attractive, flowing football but they need a striker badly. They can't constantly rely on Suarez to bail them out week after week so a striker and then a CM to play with Allen and lucas is the 2 priorities (think they're going to bid for Huntelaar and/or Llorente in january).

I agree, I think they are 1-2 players away from challenging for a top 4 spot. Although they may have given away too much ground this season I think they will be there or thereabouts next year unless Suarez forces a move away from the club.

I disagree. Even tho he didn't actually say that quote about possession, it's not far from the truth.

Just putting in a top striker won't do the trick. One, they aren't so easy to find nor attract for a midtable club. Second, their style of play is still too focused on retaining possession over endeavor.

For all the talk about how they dominated us, I wonder how much of that was because AVB let them. When you're 2-0 up and the losing team doesn't want to play the ball into the final third, why worry?

yea if they buy a striker "to play up top with Suarez" they'll be changing their formation / style, it will be less bodies in midfield to pass the ball about / protect the defence, so I don't think it's as simple as saying "they get Huntelaar and they'll be up there". They'll have to fit him in somehow, or move Suarez out wide (maybe he can do that, but whenever he played alongside Carroll last season he didn't look as effective IIRC).

Basically what I'm saying is, if they get a (starting) striker then they have to drop one of the midfielders whose helping them keep position, it will be a trade off in some respects. They'll probably score more goals, but may not have as much possession or be as defensively solid.

yea if they buy a striker "to play up top with Suarez" they'll be changing their formation / style, it will be less bodies in midfield to pass the ball about / protect the defence, so I don't think it's as simple as saying "they get Huntelaar and they'll be up there". They'll have to fit him in somehow, or move Suarez out wide (maybe he can do that, but whenever he played alongside Carroll last season he didn't look as effective IIRC).

Basically what I'm saying is, if they get a (starting) striker then they have to drop one of the midfielders whose helping them keep position, it will be a trade off in some respects. They'll probably score more goals, but may not have as much possession or be as defensively solid.

Exactly

They had a starting striker and sent him out loan - supposedly because he didn't fit into his genuis master-mind of a system.

Why would they go and spend £20-30 on the same 'type' of player in January? Ayre and Werner would never sanction that

No he didn't.

Anyway i've been impressed with what he's done over there. I mean he's turned that turbo brick team (last season) to a team that play attractive, flowing football but they need a striker badly. They can't constantly rely on Suarez to bail them out week after week so a striker and then a CM to play with Allen and lucas is the 2 priorities (think they're going to bid for Huntelaar and/or Llorente in january).

To be fair Suarez hasn't been their problem. Their problem is that they are getting practically zero goals from midfield and the wings. Even the defenders are failing to notch up a couple from set pieces.

Attractive football will get you nowhere if you can't put the ball in the net.

Last edited:

Suarez would play wide right/left like he did quite a lot last season and he did so with great effect so no need to change formation. Like i said in another thread..

-------------------Reina-------------------

Johnson-----Skrtel-----Agger------enrique

---------------Lucas-----Allen--------------

---------------------_____-----------------

---Suarez------------------------Sterling--

--------------------______------------------

They're 2 players away from a top 4 challenging team. If they make 2 big signings to fill those 2 spots they will be right up there imo but Braineclipse might be right when he says they've given up too much ground this season.

it's a big change in strategy though. It's not so simple to just drop a midfield and expect the weakening in that area will be offset by a strengthening up front. The midfield is adapting to the new, possession-focused strategy. By changing it, it may all fall apart and players like Allen may find themselves struggling without the support in numbers.

To be fair Suarez hasn't been their problem. Their problem is that they are getting practically zero goals from midfield and the wings. Even the defenders are failing to notch up a couple from set pieces.

Attractive football will get you nowhere if you can't put the ball in the net.

I agree mate. If they move suarez to one of the attacking wing positions he'll still comfortably get a good goal return imo and they need a real attacking central midfielder that replaces Gerrard and can get goals.

Suarez would play wide right/left like he did quite a lot last season and he did so with great effect so no need to change formation. Like i said in another thread..

-------------------Reina-------------------

Johnson-----Skrtel-----Agger------enrique

---------------Lucas-----Allen--------------

---------------------_____-----------------

---Suarez------------------------Sterling--

--------------------______------------------

They're 2 players away from a top 4 challenging team. If they make 2 big signings to fill those 2 spots they will be right up there imo but Braineclipse might be right when he says they've given up too much ground this season.

Did he? I always thought his best work was when he played up front (i.e. when Carroll wasn't playing!)

I agree mate. If they move suarez to one of the attacking wing positions he'll still comfortably get a good goal return imo and they need a real attacking central midfielder that replaces Gerrard and can get goals.

That's probably a good shout. Gerrard seems undroppable though, and long may that continue.

I disagree. Even tho he didn't actually say that quote about possession, it's not far from the truth.

Just putting in a top striker won't do the trick. One, they aren't so easy to find nor attract for a midtable club. Second, their style of play is still too focused on retaining possession over endeavor.

For all the talk about how they dominated us, I wonder how much of that was because AVB let them. When you're 2-0 up and the losing team doesn't want to play the ball into the final third, why worry?

I agree that they aren't easy to find. Rodgers did a good job at finding the right players at Swansea though, Joe Allen has done well for them this season as well. Think he might be able to find someone who can deliver the goals.

They created too many chances for my liking, without us getting many good counter attacks. Even AVB said that we were 2nd best (or something to that effect) after 2-0, I don't think it was just a choice.

Suarez can move wide, or they can sign someone who can get goals from wide positions so they don't have to use an inconsistent 17 year old and a left back as their wide men. Or both.

Exactly

They had a starting striker and sent him out loan - supposedly because he didn't fit into his genuis master-mind of a system.

Why would they go and spend £20-30 on the same 'type' of player in January? Ayre and Werner would never sanction that

Why would a striker they sign be the same type of player as Carroll? Surely there exists more than one type of striker?

And it has been widely reported that Rodgers only let Carroll go out on loan because he thought they would sign someone else.

1 things for sure, they're a far better side than under Dalglish. Will be interesting to see what he does in the transfer market.

Why would a striker they sign be the same type of player as Carroll? Surely there exists more than one type of striker?

And it has been widely reported that Rodgers only let Carroll go out on loan because he thought they would sign someone else.

Clint Dempsey - very much a depper-lying forward/attacking midfielder

They also have Borini who is injured

In any case - another striker would imply dropping a midfielder which, I would argue is against what Rodgers is attempting to build/instill as a formation

Clint Dempsey - very much a depper-lying forward/attacking midfielder

They also have Borini who is injured

In any case - another striker would imply dropping a midfielder which, I would argue is against what Rodgers is attempting to build/instill as a formation

Not if Suarez is moved wide. And not if instead of signing a striker they sign a wide forward, or someone capable of playing multiple positions.

Yes, much like Dempsey although the message implied the price wasn't right. I don't think they'll be looking for an out and out striker in Jan, personally

Even if Suarez is moved wide - who misses out - Enrique back to LB and Downing dropped?

Yes, much like Dempsey although the message implied the price wasn't right. I don't think they'll be looking for an out and out striker in Jan, personally

Even if Suarez is moved wide - who misses out - Enrique back to LB and Downing dropped?

For example. Or the 17 year old playing on the other wing being rotated and given a chance to bed in and not have to play week in week out? Or having multiple actual options that aren't teenagers for the front 3 positions...

Or, like I said a wide forward who can get them goals from those wide positions. Dempsey played wide left for Fulham quite a bit, not really in a 4-3-3 Rodgers formation, but I could see a player like him do well wide left in a formation like that. Or someone who can play multiple positions.

Sterling has been their second best player this season behind Suarez - I strongly doubt he would he drop him ahead of Enruqie or Downing, imv

He is a great wide outlet with pace, etc.

Sterling has been their second best player this season behind Suarez - I strongly doubt he would he drop him ahead of Enruqie or Downing, imv

They need to be very very careful with Sterling. He is a very young man and they are really relying on him a lot right now. he still has some growing to do, both physically and mentally. He needs to be protected or he will have a horrific second season...

I'm assuming Rodgers expected a lot more from Borini than what he ended up getting. His time at Roma distinguished him as a poacher, an off-the-shoulder, clinical finisher. Liverpool desperately needed someone like that, so it seemed a perfect fit. Hell, I was worried about that one. Pleasantly surprised at how little he's featured and how brick he's been.

Do you mean their second best player overall behind Suarez? Ahead of Allen, Gerrard Agger, Skrtel, Johnson etc?

If you look at my post again you might notice that I didn't say "drop", I said "rotate". Having to rely on such a young player so heavily isn't a good thing.

He looks very promising, but he's far from the finished article. He has done a lot of good things, but he still only has one goal and one assist so far in the league. Having played most of their matches in fairly advanced positions.

They need to be very very careful with Sterling. He is a very young man and they are really relying on him a lot right now. he still has some growing to do, both physically and mentally. He needs to be protected or he will have a horrific second season...

I agree. It's good for young players to be given playing time, but to be relied on week in week out for almost all games is a different matter.

Back