• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

U23s, Academy and Loanees

Does anyone know much about Tyrese Hall?
Perhaps didn't catch the eye as much on Wednesday considering Gray, Bergvall, Moore & Lankshear were shining but I really liked what I saw but don't know if this is an unexpected showing or if he's highly rated and merely looking like he's fulfilling potential.

Perhaps didn't catch the eye as much on Wednesday considering Gray, Bergvall, Moore & Lankshear were shining but I really liked what I saw but don't know if this is an unexpected showing or if he's highly rated and merely looking like he's fulfilling potential.

According to ally gold he is highly thought of and possibly might be a part of the squad this season. Abbott is another to keep an eye on. Was the u21 captain last season after moving up from the u18s.

We'll see.

Hall reminds me of Ardiles in his running style with the ball, keeps it close inviting a tackle and likes to move the ball forward and break the line rather than easy possession ball.

Hard to not get excited though. But they have a tough task ahead. Getting in the first team squad only a couple will manage it. If that this season. Others will go on loan. We've seen how some of those turn out.
Many won't make it.
But it looks good.

Hard to not get excited though. But they have a tough task ahead. Getting in the first team squad only a couple will manage it. If that this season. Others will go on loan. We've seen how some of those turn out.
Many won't make it.
But it looks good.
Agree. He speaks sense but he’s trying to push back the social media tide, which is never going to happen now.
Better to spend time educating and advising the young players on how to handle it and give them realistic expectations. (Although no harm reminding us all not to over-hype at the same time)
Think I mentioned before I know a teacher who has a good few players at various London academies - and with one or two exceptions he regularly has to compete with the expectations of the parents who think their son has ‘made it’ and school is of lesser importance when he is trying to push the importance of concentrating on their school education. As he says, most are only there to make up the numbers to support the ones that have a small chance of making it and will be released in due course.
That’s why it’s good to hear (from someone here, sorry can’t recall who) about Mikey Moore’s parents being so careful with his development. We might all enthuse and possibly over-hype but it sounds like he has a strong home grounding to keep things realistic.

There is no reason why we can’t be the first team to bring through 5 or 6 youth players since Fergie.

I don’t mean to be rude J, but Hall has been discussed on this board loads of times, he was brilliant last year

Wise words from Stevie, for every young player who goes on and makes a name for himself there are many who fail to do so. Having worked with young academy players during my time i have seen a lot of them fail to progress as much as they and clubs hope they would have done.

Agree. He speaks sense but he’s trying to push back the social media tide, which is never going to happen now.
Better to spend time educating and advising the young players on how to handle it and give them realistic expectations. (Although no harm reminding us all not to over-hype at the same time)
Think I mentioned before I know a teacher who has a good few players at various London academies - and with one or two exceptions he regularly has to compete with the expectations of the parents who think their son has ‘made it’ and school is of lesser importance when he is trying to push the importance of concentrating on their school education. As he says, most are only there to make up the numbers to support the ones that have a small chance of making it and will be released in due course.
That’s why it’s good to hear (from someone here, sorry can’t recall who) about Mikey Moore’s parents being so careful with his development. We might all enthuse and possibly over-hype but it sounds like he has a strong home grounding to keep things realistic.

Partly why i think loans to lower league clubs are very important. There will be players there that were from premier league teams academies but didn't make it. That are playing for their mortgages. Not everything is ferraris and super models. You have to really work for that. No matter your level of talent.

Back