• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

U23s, Academy and Loanees

There is no reason why we can’t be the first team to bring through 5 or 6 youth players since Fergie.
I liked it a few years ago when the youth team containing Townsend, Caulker, Livermore etc were playing more away continental tournaments. Think it helped them progress.

Milo on here, Windy over in the Extra Inch podcast have both been praising Hall as a special talent.

Looked really impressive against Hearts, imo a mature looking performance similar to what Gray put in. And looks a great fit to the system.

Hope he gets first team football next season, here or out on loan, seems ready for that.

Hopefully has another great season. Might be a bit too old to make it with us now. But we could get a few quid and hopefully a sell on clause.
Yep, get him to a championship club this season either sold or on loan. We need to help the players who are not quite good enough for us.

As you say can get a bit of money which pays for the academy and then hope for one gem every now and then.

Wise words from Captain Steve, I saw him play in our youth team that first won the FA Youth Cup. That was a very good team and I thought many of them would go on to do well: Barry Daines very good keeper but the burden of replacing Jennings was too much; Phil Holder hard tackling left back with a rocket shot, just too short for defender; Micheal (Matt) Dillion classy centreback, played too much football back then; Graeme Souness best player in the team Micky Flanagan and Ray Clarke prolific goal scorers. Yet only the 2 midfield fulfilled their early promise.

Wise words from Captain Steve, I saw him play in our youth team that first won the FA Youth Cup. That was a very good team and I thought many of them would go on to do well: Barry Daines very good keeper but the burden of replacing Jennings was too much; Phil Holder hard tackling left back with a rocket shot, just too short for defender; Micheal (Matt) Dillion classy centreback, played too much football back then; Graeme Souness best player in the team Micky Flanagan and Ray Clarke prolific goal scorers. Yet only the 2 midfield fulfilled their early promise.
Does stand up now I believe

Back