• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

I was banging that drum all last season but alas he didn’t have the balls to join us

Yes you were m8 I remember!

I think recent events have shown us how paper thin our squad is and must be weighed up against NOT getting CL qualification due to the likes of Toby having no proper cover.

I think recent events have shown us how paper thin our squad is and must be weighed up against NOT getting CL qualification due to the like of Toby having no proper cover.

I’d raid leicester for him and Mahrez
£70m for the pair

Their spurs players if ever I’ve seen em

That is a rather ridiculous assertion, they have Stones, Sterling, Walker and Delph all playing regularly. They also have some of the best young players in the country coming through, including Roberts on loan at Celtic.

Why can you not just admit that you are wrong and that Zaha has developed further this past 18 months or so and is now a very effective player?
Home grown quota is 8 players isn't it?

I don't think it's ridiculous to think that City might want to add a squad player or two that's home grown.

I don't think it's ridiculous to think that Pep sees something in Zaha that he can improve on further. Zaha has talent and Pep is good at player development.

Right now I don't see why we have a particular reason to think that City have a real interest in Zaha. If they do I think either, or perhaps both, of the above explanations are possible.

Sent from my [device_name] using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I think recent events have shown us how paper thin our squad is and must be weighed up against NOT getting CL qualification due to the likes of Toby having no proper cover.
I don't think we're paper thin in that area. We've been without Alderweireld, Sanchez and Wanyama in the last three games. Other than a poor performance against an outrageously good City side we've done fine.

I think every team we can compare ourselves to financially would have felt the impact of missing those players more than us. We also have Foyth who we likely see as a good prospect for the future (rather soon) as well as some promising youngsters including CCV.

I don't think we're paper thin in that area. We've been without Alderweireld, Sanchez and Wanyama in the last three games. Other than a poor performance against an outrageously good City side we've done fine.

I think every team we can compare ourselves to financially would have felt the impact of missing those players more than us. We also have Foyth who we likely see as a good prospect for the future (rather soon) as well as some promising youngsters including CCV.

Looking at our current situation candidly and looking at your reply. CCV and Foyth are for me still just "prospects". Dier in a back four is ATM being polite is 'sluggish' at best so a 'back three' will be a must . So I'm going to stick with "paper thin". We need a new 'experienced' centre half 'in my opinion' because IF and fingers crossed nothing will, something happened to Jan or Deir we have a big problem. For me a team at the supposed level we were/are at and also trying to maintain/progress, our squad feels really vulnerable defensively.
Sanchez's return is excellent, we must though remember he is new to the team and the league so lets not put too much pressure on him. Burnley will test our back line rigorously let's not kid ourselves otherwise, saturday will be a tough game.

Well if we play 3 at the back and our only backup is a player who hasn't played one minute in the league since he joined then that is paper thin. It means the only realistic back up we have is Dier who most people don't trust there or Davies who I haven't seen play CB for us (but am told he plays there for Wales). We definitely need one more CB who is ready to play in the first team.

Well if we play 3 at the back and our only backup is a player who hasn't played one minute in the league since he joined then that is paper thin. It means the only realistic back up we have is Dier who most people don't trust there or Davies who I haven't seen play CB for us (but am told he plays there for Wales). We definitely need one more CB who is ready to play in the first team.
Looking at our current situation candidly and looking at your reply. CCV and Foyth are for me still just "prospects". Dier in a back four is ATM being polite is 'sluggish' at best so a 'back three' will be a must . So I'm going to stick with "paper thin". We need a new 'experienced' centre half 'in my opinion' because IF and fingers crossed nothing will, something happened to Jan or Deir we have a big problem. For me a team at the supposed level we were/are at and also trying to maintain/progress, our squad feels really vulnerable defensively.
Sanchez's return is excellent, we must though remember he is new to the team and the league so lets not put too much pressure on him. Burnley will test our back line rigorously let's not kid ourselves otherwise, saturday will be a tough game.
Player development has been key for getting us to where we are. I believe it will be key to getting us further.

We can either trust our young talented players to develop further, or not. Pochettino has a habit of trusting these young players and making them better. That is quite clearly seen in our transfer strategy. I will continue to trust him to keep doing just that.

Player development has been key for getting us to where we are. I believe it will be key to getting us further.

We can either trust our young talented players to develop further, or not. Pochettino has a habit of trusting these young players and making them better. That is quite clearly seen in our transfer strategy. I will continue to trust him to keep doing just that.

Player development is very important and Pochettino has done well. This though does not keep us in the Champions League. We need new 'experienced' battle ready additions. Don't get me wrong I love to see the Winks's coming through. Sadly though, look how many of our current first team squad came through the academy, Harry and Winks are it? (Can't think of anymore)
As laudable as Poch's use of the academy has been Pochettino has had to use the the academy through necessity to a great extent.
This not a 'oh we are rich as City' moan it's more a realisation that Pochettino is doing well if he keeps us in touch with the top 4. Expectations of another Champions League inclusion next season is unfair on Levy and Pochettino.
Except for the excellent and my favourite team of this season Sean Dyche's excellent Burnley we Tottenham are roughly in our place for the clubs financial standing.
This Premier league looks as though it's going to finish in a team fanatical standing order, very sadly. The bottom line is, there is little Pochettino can do about it!

Last edited:

I believe in the same but for the here and now i.e. this season we are light in CB's. It's no use saying we have developing CBs who are ready next season, we need some back up this season if we're going to continue with the 3 at the back system. If we don't then we'll end up losing out in midfield (Dier shifting) or LB (Davies shifting) or we'll have to play someone who I'm guessing Poch doesn't think is ready yet (Foyth). Toby is going to miss another 8-10 games and there's always the risk that Jan or Sanchez get an injury or suspension.

That seems like a strange view when he played most of last season there. I'm always up for strengthening the side but I doubt that we will be able to find many CBs, better than Dier, who will be available in January.

Hopefully we are monitoring Tarkowski at Burnley. Adjusted to PL football so easily. They will miss him against us at the weekend.

Back