• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

I'm not particularly keen on Shaw, but it's definitely not on if we're paying for United signing Sessegnon.

I'm not particularly keen on Shaw, but it's definitely not on if we're paying for United signing Sessegnon.

I really cant make my mind up on Shaw.

On one hand, he has had major injuries, and barely played for 3 years.

On the other Poch knows him, and undeniably under Poch Shaw was excellent.

But, at the same time, he is lacking experience. And I expect wouldnt come cheap.

Its one of those where I can really see pro's, but equally am just not excited about the prospect.

Sessegnon on the other hand, holy fudge, that kids going to be a star wherever he goes and Ive felt for a couple of years now he has our name on him...

I really cant make my mind up on Shaw.

On one hand, he has had major injuries, and barely played for 3 years.

On the other Poch knows him, and undeniably under Poch Shaw was excellent.

But, at the same time, he is lacking experience. And I expect wouldnt come cheap.

Its one of those where I can really see pro's, but equally am just not excited about the prospect.

Sessegnon on the other hand, holy fudge, that kids going to be a star wherever he goes and Ive felt for a couple of years now he has our name on him...
Agree, but I think if Man U are genuinely in for him we won’t get Sess and Shaw would be the next best option from what I can see....

We beat far bigger/richer clubs to Sanchez and Foyth this summer, there is no reason why we cannot do that again. Poch will be a massive plus in our favour for any young player that we are in for.
Not sure how you know this in regards to Sanchez, was Man U one of these apparent clubs we beat? Because they are the only club that can compete with Real Madrid in terms of size and riches, and if they genuinely are in for him I have no doubt they will get him ahead of us despite Pochs pull for young players....

If Utd beat us for Sessegnon let's just keep Rose. He has been a bit of a naughty boy but buying Shaw in his place would be a mistake IMO. Shaw has missed the a large portion of the formative years of his professional career injured and overweight, and to be honest I never saw the fuss about him anyway.

Edit: Maybe we could use Rose as a bargaining chip for Utd to stay away from Sessegnon.

Is Shaw out of contract in the summer? I thought I read that somewhere.

*edit* if so, I wouldn't mind getting him on a free and keeping Rose, with Davies used more to cover the back 3 and as a backup fullback too.

That way, if Shaw didn't work out, we still have Davies and Rose and it was only a free transfer. If he does work, then we get a quality player for a free transfer.

Not sure how you know this in regards to Sanchez, was Man U one of these apparent clubs we beat? Because they are the only club that can compete with Real Madrid in terms of size and riches, and if they genuinely are in for him I have no doubt they will get him ahead of us despite Pochs pull for young players....

It was widely reported that Barca were interested in Sanchez

Wasn’t it reported that Barca were in for Foyth too? Like I say competing against Barca is different to competing against Man U and Mourinho for a player even though obviously Barca are a massive pull. I’m not convinced Mourinho is seriously in for Sess anyway judging on the type he’s signed to date....

It was PSG that we beat to Foyth, it looked like a done deal until quite late on.

I disagree with you about Barca, they are at least as big a draw as United (I would say bigger) and I think that Mourinho isn't the pull he was before it all went wrong at Madrid.

It was PSG that we beat to Foyth, it looked like a done deal until quite late on.

I disagree with you about Barca, they are at least as big a draw as United (I would say bigger) and I think that Mourinho isn't the pull he was before it all went wrong at Madrid.
Barca don’t have a big name manager, don’t have the almost unlimited funds Utd do. I acknowledged they’re a big drawer, but can’t pull out all the stops in the same way Utd can...

Barca don’t have a big name manager, don’t have the almost unlimited funds Utd do. I acknowledged they’re a big drawer, but can’t pull out all the stops in the same way Utd can...

By any definition Barca are one of the biggest clubs in the world and more than capable of blowing us out of the water on transfer fee and wages. They also have the best player in the world.

We beat far bigger/richer clubs to Sanchez and Foyth this summer, there is no reason why we cannot do that again. Poch will be a massive plus in our favour for any young player that we are in for.

I like your thinking Batman. As a club we have to continue to be true to our unique values. We're not the richest, but can attract players though our professionalism and opportunities for top level young players. Everyone has seen what happens to young talent at Chel$ea. Spurs and Poch on the other hand have overseen the rise of a number of elite players in world football.

Last edited:
By any definition Barca are one of the biggest clubs in the world and more than capable of blowing us out of the water on transfer fee and wages. They also have the best player in the world.
Just my opinion, I’d be more concerned about Man U trying to sign a player we were in for than I would be Barca. Sure you can highlight Sanchez and Foyth as two players we’ve beat other top clubs to, but how many have we lost out to top clubs? Bottom line us vs Man U for a player, the odds are Man U would win the race even though the Poch factor for young players gives us a better chance....

Just my opinion, I’d be more concerned about Man U trying to sign a player we were in for than I would be Barca. Sure you can highlight Sanchez and Foyth as two players we’ve beat other top clubs to, but how many have we lost out to top clubs? Bottom line us vs Man U for a player, the odds are Man U would win the race even though the Poch factor for young players gives us a better chance....

Man Utd were in for Dier in the summer and he stayed with us. I don't think that we have both gone in for the same player under Poch but I think that we have quite a lot in our favour if it is a young player. I'm not saying that we'd definitely beat them to the player but we have the best chance since decades.

I disagree with you about the relative draws of United and Barca but it seems like a bit of a dead-end discussion.

Back