• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

That depends on whether we stick with an advanced RB with the LB making a three when we replace Aurier or whether it is just a tactic to make the most of the players we have available.
We just need to get back to a peak Rose/Walker FB situation. Equal balance both sides, commanding their wings going forwards and backwards. Like TAA and Robertson whom both have better end product btw.

It's a much more important position than it's ever been, it gives you so much when you get it right.

TAA is still weak defensively ... well average defensively
We need a RB who can defend with the system we’re gonna play
Seems at odds with the system Mouinho has been playing? (which is also similar to at his previous teams, with one attacking and one defensive fullback). Also at odds with his pursuit of Meunièr who is another right back that attacks better than he defends.

the difference of course is sissoko hasn’t meant a whole change in team structure to accommodate him
Mou will always defend his players of their playing (hence the Ndormbele issue) because he is accountable for them, but it doesn’t mean he rates them
I don’t believe for one second a manager with his knowledge and experience rates aurier highly. There are too many. Negatives in his game. His sole endearing feature is he can cross a ball half decent. He doesn’t run a lot, he doesn’t tackle well and he doesn’t hold his man up so what is he good at? He is basically a weak version of TAA without the set piece play too
If he doesn’t rate them, he doesn’t play them.

Seems at odds with the system Mouinho has been playing? (which is also similar to at his previous teams, with one attacking and one defensive fullback). Also at odds with his pursuit of Meunièr who is another right back that attacks better than he defends.
Who are the FBs you mean then?
From his classic sides

We just need to get back to a peak Rose/Walker FB situation. Equal balance both sides, commanding their wings going forwards and backwards. Like TAA and Robertson whom both have better end product btw.

It's a much more important position than it's ever been, it gives you so much when you get it right.
The two who played for Leverkusen against us would be perfect.... Heinrichs (now at financially struggling Monaco) and Wendell (still at Leverkusen)

There is always an alternative. KWP was allowed to go on loan. Foyth was fit for a while and ignored.
Yeah so one was a kid who doesn’t make the Southampton team and the other was a barely fit lad who no one at the club seems to think Is RB... personally I’d have like to have seen him give a chance there as clearly that was Poch plan but I’d also question if he was “fit enough” after his injuries and of course he is injured again

Due mainly COVID, I really don't see much if any transfer movement.
I just feel it is like the time to mend and make do.

Yeah so one was a kid who doesn’t make the Southampton team and the other was a barely fit lad who no one at the club seems to think Is RB... personally I’d have like to have seen him give a chance there as clearly that was Poch plan but I’d also question if he was “fit enough” after his injuries and of course he is injured again
They are still alternatives.... it is a bit like how people on here were saying for a long while that Sissoko was diabolical and only in due to zero alternatives... there are always alternatives. Managers are in the results business and choose their best team. If we do sign another RB for next season then logic dictates that Aurier would be the one of the existing three RBs at the club who will remain along with the new RB.

They are still alternatives.... it is a bit like how people on here were saying for a long while that Sissoko was diabolical and only in due to zero alternatives... there are always alternatives. Managers are in the results business and choose their best team. If we do sign another RB for next season then logic dictates that Aurier would be the one of the existing three RBs at the club who will remain along with the new RB.

but whilst sissoko was adapting the the team he still showed a level of competence and discipline although he still can’t pass
Aurier hasn’t ever shown any of that and has one possible positive feature. It’s why I’m convinced he will be knocked down the pecking order (not sold as no one will buy him)

So Achraf Hakimi and Meunier were available and we are still sitting here with Aurier. Meunier was free for BVB, his contract expired at PSG. Gutted.

Players expected to leave this summer?

Verts
Rose

Anyone else?

KWP
Vorm
CCV
Sissoko, Foyth, Aurier and Lamela if the right offer arrives

In my view, it would be unrealistic to expect us to spend anything (net) this summer and if Jose wants to sign 2-3 players, then you need to solve for finding say £50m from sales (assume one £30m-£35m signing, one £15m and one free). Rose, KWP, CCV might get you £15m combined. That leaves you to find another £35m from sales. I think Sissoko, Foyth, Aurier and Lamela are all dispensable (i.e. we could live without them) for the right price and assuming the right position players arrive (though I'd like to see Foyth stay and be given a chance)

Seems likely a loan somehwere. I desperately want him to do well as I am convinced there is a world beater there but it seems oike an attitude issue. I don't thikn it's a Jose issue.

I don't know. He seems like the kind of player that Mourinho falls out with at most clubs.

Back