• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

I think you need a balance at CB - one being a ball-playing CB and one being a defender's defender.

I dont think two out and out defenders like Maguire works for a team which is going to have most of the ball and looking to win games. It might do for struggling teams. Similarly, two ball playing CBs doesnt work well in my view either.

So Ake would be fine as long as he's partnered by the right type of CB
Maguire is much better on the ball than you're (seemingly) giving him credit for. The way he stepped up into midfield in the second half when they put us under pressure, his passing range, close control. Not at the level of our two Belgians, few are. Miles ahead of Sanchez though. Terry who got brought up was also way better on the ball than he usually gets credit for.

There can be a place for a player like Sanchez, though his individual errors are concerning. I worry about him if we're lacking creativity and playmaking skills in other positions too.

From yesterdays Norwich - Southampton match thread on BBC:

19:13 19 Jun
Hojbjerg off to Spurs?

Norwich 0-0 Southampton

Conor McNamara

BBC Radio 5 live commentator

There is talk of a falling out between Southampton midfielder Pierre Emile Hojbjerg and manager Ralph Hasenhuttl, with a move to Tottenham apparently at advanced stages.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/52937361/page/11
Did anyone watch that game and, in particular, Hojbjerg's performance?

From yesterdays Norwich - Southampton match thread on BBC:

19:13 19 Jun
Hojbjerg off to Spurs?

Norwich 0-0 Southampton

Conor McNamara

BBC Radio 5 live commentator

There is talk of a falling out between Southampton midfielder Pierre Emile Hojbjerg and manager Ralph Hasenhuttl, with a move to Tottenham apparently at advanced stages.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/52937361/page/11

He was stripped of the capt's armband yesterday so it looks like he is going to leave.

Back