• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Really hope we do some alternative scouting and go for some left field options.

With money being tight and in my opinion a major squad overall needed it seems the sensible way to go.

Jade-Jones at Peterborough would be one i would sign and loan back if they promised to play him. Only seen clips of him but the kid looks like the real deal.

Really hope we do some alternative scouting and go for some left field options.

With money being tight and in my opinion a major squad overall needed it seems the sensible way to go.

Jade-Jones at Peterborough would be one i would sign and loan back if they promised to play him. Only seen clips of him but the kid looks like the real deal.

Harry Brooks does some private coaching with some of our players. He worked with Bergwijn to help him adapt to English football and does stuff with a number of our academy players.

Harry Brooks does some private coaching with some of our players. He worked with Bergwijn to help him adapt to English football and does stuff with a number of our academy players.
Think he is working with Cirkin too
He has done a few podcasts with Windy

TAA is still weak defensively ... well average defensively
We need a RB who can defend with the system we’re gonna play

That depends on whether we stick with an advanced RB with the LB making a three when we replace Aurier or whether it is just a tactic to make the most of the players we have available.

When we replace Aurier? Just because this board has decided Aurier isn’t needed, doesn’t mean to say the club has. Keep reading how a RB is one of our priorities, when the reality is no one knows. The only thing Mourinho has said about him is that he could be one of the worlds best RBs, and you can argue about him just saying that to motivate him or whatever but he doesn’t have a track record of doing this with players he doesn’t rate. Reminds me of Sissoko, most on here decided early on he was useless and we will be getting rid, then he was only playing to put him in the shop window, low and behold 4 years later he’s still here:D.....

When we replace Aurier? Just because this board has decided Aurier isn’t needed, doesn’t mean to say the club has. Keep reading how a RB is one of our priorities, when the reality is no one knows. The only thing Mourinho has said about him is that he could be one of the worlds best RBs, and you can argue about him just saying that to motivate him or whatever but he doesn’t have a track record of doing this with players he doesn’t rate. Reminds me of Sissoko, most on here decided early on he was useless and we will be getting rid, then he was only playing to put him in the shop window, low and behold 4 years later he’s still here:D.....

He will leave at some point but we'll always be here for you

Reminds me of Sissoko, most on here decided early on he was useless and we will be getting rid, then he was only playing to put him in the shop window, low and behold 4 years later he’s still here.
He is useless though. The fact he’s still here doesn’t change that. It just says more about our inability to bring in any actual quality over that period.

the difference of course is sissoko hasn’t meant a whole change in team structure to accommodate him
Mou will always defend his players of their playing (hence the Ndormbele issue) because he is accountable for them, but it doesn’t mean he rates them
I don’t believe for one second a manager with his knowledge and experience rates aurier highly. There are too many. Negatives in his game. His sole endearing feature is he can cross a ball half decent. He doesn’t run a lot, he doesn’t tackle well and he doesn’t hold his man up so what is he good at? He is basically a weak version of TAA without the set piece play too

I think we’ll trade, zero net spend sort of thing.

Agree, so we'll take money for players where we can in order that we can spend it in other areas.

Rose and KWP like certainties to be leaving but that perhaps only gets us £10m-£15m in given the market conditions and Rose's contract. CCV presumably too and Vertonghen/Vorm leaving for nothing. Its then difficult to see where we raise that much money:

- Foyth and Aurier might well leave if we get the right offer.
- I could see Sissoko leaving due to his age and if we are lining up a DM signing. Therefore you have new DM, GLC, Winks, Skipp, Ndombele as CM options. Kind of works.
- Maybe Lamela could leave too given we have Dele/TN for the no 10 role and then Son, Moura, Bergwign and Sessegnon/Clarke for wide attacking roles. We could live without Lamela I think and we'd be stronger by re-investing proceeds from selling him compared to keeping him and not strengthening priority areas

Even before you debate quality and whether players are sold, we're short on bodies at the back given Rose, KWP, Vertonghen leaving and you only vaguely get to the right numbers by shoe-horning players in and including youngsters: two RBs (Foyth and Aurier), 4 CBs (Dier, Toby, Sanchez, Tanganga) and 2 LBs (Davies, Sessegnon)

Going to be a difficult for summer for us I suspect, and even though Jose has said he only wants 2-3 signings

Back