• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

I do think we will have money to spend... not mega money at all but some money. My logic is purely based on the way the club separates its finances and the money it will have earned this season already
And we will sell some players to bolster the numbers
A few wise dress will make a big difference
And of course the club don’t pay transfer fees up front so business nous will have an impact too
From what I’ve consistently read we’re after a RB, a DM and a CB... I do believe that with the money we may have, and the attraction of the club we can get players in who will help the squad step up. I haven’t said better than we have as old Jan is very hard to upgrade on but we don’t really have a true DM and out RB is imo an average RW so their upgradeable areas

We dont have the cash available for 'nice to have' signings this summer (unless we flog someone like Kane or Dele).

I think after selling lucas and if watford went down sarr should only cost 10 to 15m more at most. I would sell son myself and use some of the money for it.

I dont particularly like son and think though decent he is vastly over rated.

I think after selling lucas and if watford went down sarr should only cost 10 to 15m more at most. I would sell son myself and use some of the money for it.

Wow
Your obviously entitled to your opinion and I respect that but to sacrifice son for Sarr would be crazy IMO
Your gambling on potential at a price vs someone who is proven
Don’t get me wrong you sometimes have to do that and get it right.... it’s massive. But it’s so rare teams get it right and most end up becoming inferior sides
Look at arsenal for a similar comparison
United did it right quite a few times and Pool did it with Coutunho (but I’ve never been a big fan and he did want the move)
We failed miserably selling walker by comparison

Wow
Your obviously entitled to your opinion and I respect that but to sacrifice son for Sarr would be crazy IMO
Your gambling on potential at a price vs someone who is proven
Don’t get me wrong you sometimes have to do that and get it right.... it’s massive. But it’s so rare teams get it right and most end up becoming inferior sides
Look at arsenal for a similar comparison
United did it right quite a few times and Pool did it with Coutunho (but I’ve never been a big fan and he did want the move)
We failed miserably selling walker by comparison

Agree on the walker thing but mainly due to dithering over the lad who plays right back at Leicester now. We actually replaced walker with tripper two very different players asking tripper a man with no pace to do a walker role.

I would sell son use part of the money for a traditional front man poacher. Kane will be injured for enough games and can drop back down the pitch for a new formation.

Son though decent, i call him the asuan defoe and thats not an insult. I would sell and change the side around.

Also my new thing is no player should be at a club for more then 6 years unless they have won something. What is their motivation to stay at a club like that, son is getting to the point where he has been here to long.

Agree on the walker thing but mainly due to dithering over the lad who plays right back at Leicester now. We actually replaced walker with tripper two very different players asking tripper a man with no pace to do a walker role.

I would sell son use part of the money for a traditional front man poacher. Kane will be injured for enough games and can drop back down the pitch for a new formation.

Son though decent, i call him the asuan defoe and thats not an insult. I would sell and change the side around.

Also my new thing is no player should be at a club for more then 6 years unless they have won something. What is their motivation to stay at a club like that, son is getting to the point where he has been here to long.
We have players who have been here longer...
Yeah we did rooster up with Pereira
But Tripper was here with Walker
We replaced walker with Aurier ... that’s the shocker.

I was with you on Sarr but at the expense of Son!? There’s no way a team in 7th position can start letting players like Son go.

Where does the Aaron’s rep come from? Seen plenty of him this season, don’t think I’ve seen a good game. Doesn’t threaten the opposing full back, looks weakish, not overly quick. Bizarre rep he’s developed imo.

He was excellent before the COVID break.
Pace power and and he can defend!

I think he's decent and has pace, but he certainly lacks power. I think there is better out there and he's too lightweight for a Mourinho defence in my opinion. The hype he gets is out of hand really.
For £10m he'd be worth a punt but not for the money that's been mentioned for him.

I think he's decent and has pace, but he certainly lacks power. I think there is better out there and he's too lightweight for a Mourinho defence in my opinion. The hype he gets is out of hand really.
For £10m he'd be worth a punt but not for the money that's been mentioned for him.

£10m :D

He wasn’t really. His rep has been built on him looking good at Championship level while still 18/19. He doesn’t look terrible in the PL but certainly hasn’t looked special. Very few young players do immediately after stepping up to PL level though. At present IMO he is a step down from Aurier, in 2 or 3 years time though he could be a step up. You talk about Aarons having power but that has been my biggest concern about him, he has sometimes looked a little weak to me.

I see Aaron’s and Norwich’s left back, Jamal Lewis, as being about equal in their ability. Lewis is 18 months older though.

If we are to go for Aaron’s (I don’t think we will as he will be very overpriced) then we also need to be a lot more patient with Sessegnon. He is younger than Aaron’s, looked even better at Championship level and has had far less games at full back. Sessegnon’s ceiling is higher than Aarons’ I think.

if looking at young Championship right backs then I think Bogle or Cash would be better buys, both from a financial and ability perspective. Castagne from Atlanta would be the best signing that we could make though IMO.

He wasn’t really. His rep has been built on him looking good at Championship level while still 18/19. He doesn’t look terrible in the PL but certainly hasn’t looked special. Very few young players do immediately after stepping up to PL level though. At present IMO he is a step down from Aurier, in 2 or 3 years time though he could be a step up. You talk about Aarons having power but that has been my biggest concern about him, he has sometimes looked a little weak to me.

I see Aaron’s and Norwich’s left back, Jamal Lewis, as being about equal in their ability. Lewis is 18 months older though.

If we are to go for Aaron’s (I don’t think we will as he will be very overpriced) then we also need to be a lot more patient with Sessegnon. He is younger than Aaron’s, looked even better at Championship level and has had far less games at full back. Sessegnon’s ceiling is higher than Aarons’ I think.

if looking at young Championship right backs then I think Bogle or Cash would be better buys, both from a financial and ability perspective. Castagne from Atlanta would be the best signing that we could make though IMO.

Aaron's reminds me of charlie daniels, a nice player, tidy.

Back