• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Nope, no player who wasn’t on the playing roster before the stop can play

Yea I just checked and edited . Still an upgrade for them . They will be a decent side next season I fear.

Just hope we address the gaping holes in our squad. Need CB and RB . Maybe 2 CBs

Yea I just checked and edited . Still an upgrade for them . They will be a decent side next season I fear.

Just hope we address the gaping holes in our squad. Need CB and RB . Maybe 2 CBs
They will be but strangely their not buying CBS which IMO is a gaping hole for them
None of their centre backs other than Rudiger can defend IMO

They will be but strangely their not buying CBS which IMO is a gaping hole for them
None of their centre backs other than Rudiger can defend IMO
Very true . Think they have been looking at Ake which is an upgrade on Zouma . Hope we don’t sign Zouma as we’ve been linked with him it’s a scary thought. Imagine a Sanchez/Zouma pairing it’s got calamity written all over it.

Very true . Think they have been looking at Ake which is an upgrade on Zouma . Hope we don’t sign Zouma as we’ve been linked with him it’s a scary thought. Imagine a Sanchez/Zouma pairing it’s got calamity written all over it.
Ake is a good footballer but not a good defender imo
Too many players now want to be that kind of player whereas the Maguire type are all about loving defending and that’s Almost gone

Too many players now want to be that kind of player whereas the Maguire type are all about loving defending and that’s Almost gone

100% Agree , That’s the way the game is heading. Ball playing taking prevalence over the brutish type defenders of the past. I.e John Terry.

I think that’s where we have struggled at times lately. We have CBS who suit a style of game that we keep most of the ball and ask them to play. More ball possession less defending.

400% Agree , That’s the way the game is heading. Ball playing taking prevalence over the brutish type defenders of the past. I.e John Terry.

I think that’s where we have struggled at times lately. We have CBS who suit a style of game that we keep most of the ball and ask them to play. More ball possession less defending.
We have players like Toby who are technically great but weak against brutes
We have Sanchez who is a beast who gets bullied physically too
Jan who was actually Great all round but now can’t run and keep up
Foyth who can play technical but can’t pay attention...
we have dier who knows to get some kinda form to judge
I said we should have signed Johnny Evans and that was laughed at but he has proven to be better for Leicester since they signed him than any of our CBS..
there are players out there who can do the job we need

I think you need a balance at CB - one being a ball-playing CB and one being a defender's defender.

I dont think two out and out defenders like Maguire works for a team which is going to have most of the ball and looking to win games. It might do for struggling teams. Similarly, two ball playing CBs doesnt work well in my view either.

So Ake would be fine as long as he's partnered by the right type of CB

I think you need a balance at CB - one being a ball-playing CB and one being a defender's defender.

I dont think two out and out defenders like Maguire works for a team which is going to have most of the ball and looking to win games. It might do for struggling teams. Similarly, two ball playing CBs doesnt work well in my view either.

So Ake would be fine as long as he's partnered by the right type of CB
Yeah but Ake would mean an additional signing
We actually just need a stopper now IMO

Perhaps - depends on how you view Dier and Sanchez
I think there is scope for both to step up
Sanchez’s pace should give him a niche but he needs to be smarter with it
And Dier needs to stay fit and show some form
You don’t become bad players but you can stagnate in football it seems

I think there is scope for both to step up
Sanchez’s pace should give him a niche but he needs to be smarter with it
And Dier needs to stay fit and show some form
You don’t become bad players but you can stagnate in football it seems

Agree that there's room for them in the squad. However my questions was more that if you view them as 2 of your 4 CBs in the squad, what type of 2 other CBs do you sign to complement them? Are they both stoppers so you need two ball playing CBs?

Agree that there's room for them in the squad. However my questions was more that if you view them as 2 of your 4 CBs in the squad, what type of 2 other CBs do you sign to complement them? Are they both stoppers so you need two ball playing CBs?
I think we need a balance as you day but who are the ball playing ones who will start now?
Toby still looks to be on a downward trajectory and Foyth is injured again

Back