• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

Ok, so here's the summary from today (@DubaiSpur please don't take these as my personal view's, I'm just summarising stuff for people who haven't had a look themselves).

Ross Barkley will cost £50 million. That's what Everton want though other stories detail our interest as having "cooled".
Sandro Ramirez has had us interested since before he moved to Malaga last summer. We are still interested, however the player is apparently waiting to see if Atletico Madrid have their transfer embargo lifted this summer before agreeing any move.
The Pau Lopez signing isn't completed yet. Apparently the fee hasn't quite been hashed out yet, but it is thought to be only a matter of time.
Andre Gray is another striker we have been linked with. Apparently the race for his signature is between us and Everton.

Finally, the most tenuous story out there goes is with regards to Jerome Boateng. He is seeking talks with the Bayern board, as he's not happy and our name has somehow been listed as a possible destination. One thing though, is that if he does leave, it could solve the problem of people sniffing around Alderweireld.

50 million for Barkley?

No chance, he has one year of his deal left - think they would be lucky to get 25

i see other teams doubling what ever wages we offer this kid

Other teams won't be able to offer him the playing time and developmental opportunities we can - and, unless they're a fellow London club, signing for any of them (talking City, United or Liverpool here) would involve leaving London and moving north at a very early age.

Don't discount our charms - we're definitely capable of getting this guy, if we try.

Ryan Sessegnon!!! No brainer now that Fulham are in the Championship again next season

The most promising young left sided player since a certain G Bale imo

I'd really like him based on the hype, and I think we can get him - but I'd prefer that he gets sent back to Fulham on loan for a season after being signed, to get experience and grow up a bit. Insert a clause into our deal with Fulham that makes any staggered payments/sell-on fees dependent on him making a certain number of appearances in 2017-2018, and then let him develop there for a bit.

i see other teams doubling what ever wages we offer this kid

possibly, but the same could have happened with Dele and yet he still chose us.

it all depends on the player, his family, how persuasive Poch is, CL football, playing at Wembley for a season, great training ground, amazing new stadium on the way. If all these can impact the kid then we have a chance

I'd really like him based on the hype, and I think we can get him - but I'd prefer that he gets sent back to Fulham on loan for a season after being signed, to get experience and grow up a bit. Insert a clause into our deal with Fulham that makes any staggered payments/sell-on fees dependent on him making a certain number of appearances in 2017-2018, and then let him develop there for a bit.

Usually id agree, but there is something special about this lad. A bit of Dele about him. He seems mature beyond his years, good physical attributes, signs of an intelligent football brain, I think he could come in and join the squad immediately and force his way into the team for cup games as a start and we shall see how he develops and copes.

its true that Dele played a lot of lower league football before he joined us and that toughened him up a lot, but as a counter example we have someone like Josh Onomah who has been trusted to join the first team squad at a young age and to play in games without first being sent on loan to get experience. Harry Winks too

possibly, but the same could have happened with Dele and yet he still chose us.

it all depends on the player, his family, how persuasive Poch is, CL football, playing at Wembley for a season, great training ground, amazing new stadium on the way. If all these can impact the kid then we have a chance

You seem to forget that he chose us because Liverpool did not think he was worth the wages and transfer fee. This kid is in high demand

Other teams won't be able to offer him the playing time and developmental opportunities we can - and, unless they're a fellow London club, signing for any of them (talking City, United or Liverpool here) would involve leaving London and moving north at a very early age.

Don't discount our charms - we're definitely capable of getting this guy, if we try.

Liverpool could as they are in need of a left back.

As for leaving London, well that could work, Raheem Sterling left QPR at 16 to move to Liverpool

Personally I would love us to sign him

We get first refusal apparently

And if we only brought one player then bale would be that one for me

It would definitely be a statement. He will have to take a pay cut though, which players in their prime very rarely do. More likely Manure will offer to double his presumably already inflated wages.

It would definitely be a statement. He will have to take a pay cut though, which players in their prime very rarely do. More likely Manure will offer to double his presumably already inflated wages.

Get rid of sissoko and give that 80k on top of 100k ... Then perhaps push the boat out and give some on top ... easy! danny over to you ... haha

You seem to forget that he chose us because Liverpool did not think he was worth the wages and transfer fee. This kid is in high demand

I doubt we offered more than what Liverpool offered. They just made the decision not to buy him. Their loss:)

Jeez, Gareth Bale in this current Spurs team?

cool-wow-gif-477-1.gif

I agree but I think it's doable
We had what £80m in tv money before champions league money....
Offload players like sissoko and use the bentelab money and you have a big chunk of the wages and transfer fee covered

Liverpool could as they are in need of a left back.

As for leaving London, well that could work, Raheem Sterling left QPR at 16 to move to Liverpool

Personally I would love us to sign him

If he started for Liverpool with his inexperience I'd be stunned

He has everything to be a top player but has no experience as yet

If he started for Liverpool with his inexperience I'd be stunned

He has everything to be a top player but has no experience as yet

Of course I do not think he will be starting for Liverpool, I was just trying to point out that we are not his only option

I doubt we offered more than what Liverpool offered. They just made the decision not to buy him. Their loss:)

I guess it is really irrelevant either way when you think about it.

The point is it every other team in the top 7 would probably offer the kid at Fulham more money than us to sign him. And while I agree money is not everything when you have an agent whispering in your ear that can often sway things

Back