• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

No. A player doesn't have to be fast. As I said in my last post English football is more bravery than mental strength (although I think the two are perhaps linked?).

I think the difference in the UK compared to the continent is the reaction of the crowd. Pull out of a 40-60 here and you will be derided, do so on the continent and the crowd will consider it clever.
So does the problem lie with the player or the fans/media?

If this isn't the case in other countries (and I'm led to believe it's not), then why should it be here? After all, the success of English teams on both the domestic and international level leaves a lot to be desired. Shouldn't we be trying to emulate the way in which other countries are both more successful and often more entertaining?

A player who has no bravery. I remember an interview with Robert Pires late on in his career where he stated that during his first year at Arsenal he was very close to returning home. He said he felt that every single tackle on him should've resulted in a foul in his favour and he couldn't handle the pace or aggression. He said he was jumping out of the way and letting his opponent have the ball for fear of getting hurt. I think he said it was Lee Dixon who took him aside and helped him develop the right mental attitude to realise that he was just as big and strong as his opponent but blessed with far greater ability. He realised that he had to put his body on the line for his team and if he got taken out by the player then he qould win a free kick and that would be advantageous for his team.
Yet given a bit of time he turned into an irritatingly efficient player.

You're assuming Barkley can make a step up mentally, why can't Paulinho?

So does the problem lie with the player or the fans/media?

If this isn't the case in other countries (and I'm led to believe it's not), then why should it be here? After all, the success of English teams on both the domestic and international level leaves a lot to be desired. Shouldn't we be trying to emulate the way in which other countries are both more successful and often more entertaining?

Are you new here?!

Tottenham have stunning £25m bid for Fulham wonder kid Ryan Sessegnon knocked back

The 17-year-old signed a new three-year deal in June but could be lined up to replace Danny Rose after his recent remarks

ByJohn Cross
10:30, 15 AUG 2017

Tottenham have had a stunning £25m bid for Fulham teenager Ryan Sessegnon turned down.

Spurs have been desperate to sign the 17-year-old left back and even Sessegnon signing a new contract has not put them off.

They came in with a mega offer but Fulham stood firm and said that Sessegnon is not for sale at any price.

Sessegnon is regarded as one of England’s best prospects and signed a three year contract in June to commit his future to Fulham.

The England England under-19s starlet has been compared to a young Gareth Bale as he plays as left back but could move further forward down the line.

Tottenham also have an interest in his twin brother Steven who has also signed a new contract to stay at Fulham.

Tottenham have so far been slow on doing deals but are now clearly in the market.

They are also in for Ajax defender Davinson Sanchez and are very hopeful on Celta Vigo midfielder Pape Cheikh Diop.

the mirro just now. One of those players that has our name written all over him IMO.

This got mentioned by the commentator (Drury?) on Supersport last weekend.

There was no coverage elsewhere so I thought he was mistaken but it sounds like it's on.

Great idea as long as we can co-ordinate with the other major European leagues.

you'd think it'd be in everyone's best interest to align the start of each season to the same weekend and close the window at a mutually agreed date - probably not workable for all leagues in Europe but i don't see why the big four or five leagues can't sort something out between them then

Tottenham have stunning £25m bid for Fulham wonder kid Ryan Sessegnon knocked back

The 17-year-old signed a new three-year deal in June but could be lined up to replace Danny Rose after his recent remarks

ByJohn Cross
10:30, 15 AUG 2017

Tottenham have had a stunning £25m bid for Fulham teenager Ryan Sessegnon turned down.

Spurs have been desperate to sign the 17-year-old left back and even Sessegnon signing a new contract has not put them off.

They came in with a mega offer but Fulham stood firm and said that Sessegnon is not for sale at any price.

Sessegnon is regarded as one of England’s best prospects and signed a three year contract in June to commit his future to Fulham.

The England England under-19s starlet has been compared to a young Gareth Bale as he plays as left back but could move further forward down the line.

Tottenham also have an interest in his twin brother Steven who has also signed a new contract to stay at Fulham.

Tottenham have so far been slow on doing deals but are now clearly in the market.

They are also in for Ajax defender Davinson Sanchez and are very hopeful on Celta Vigo midfielder Pape Cheikh Diop.

the mirro just now. One of those players that has our name written all over him IMO.

Scara needs to opine first on whether this good "value".

you'd think it'd be in everyone's best interest to align the start of each season to the same weekend and close the window at a mutually agreed date - probably not workable for all leagues in Europe but i don't see why the big four or five leagues can't sort something out between them then

They should move all international games to the summer months and start the league in September. Always found it strange that the season in England starts in the middle of people's holidays.

In your unreal world, maybe. In reality, if you can't understand the difference between the pace of the game and an individual player's speed, then I am afraid I can't help you.
Why do English teams then get knocked out by Spanish teams in 90% of European games, if the pace, power and quality is so superior in England?

so going by the rumors...

would we be happy with Sessegnon Barkley Martial and Sanchez in, with Rose and Walker being the ones who made way?

should more or less be even on the net spend front

weaker at full back potentially but with two young Rose/Walker types in reserve so long term prospects good

stronger at CB and in turn allowing Dier more freedom to cover/rotate with Wanyama/Dembele without having to shift around the team should one of them become injured/suspended

stronger in the attacking positions with some added pace and creativity.

would be a good window i think, though i am loathe to lose Rose who i rate as one of our best players and one who typifies the Pochettino regime

Last edited:
Back