• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

I am certainly not one who "goes with the flow" as you scurrilously claim. I make my own mind up about players. I was excited when Pauline came but he invariably disappointed me with his performances and utlimately I was pleased to see him being sold as he was totally unsuited to English football. A waste of time in a Spurs shirt.

Seems very much like BS as he was supposed to have agreed a 90k a week deal with United a couple of weeks ago, but was still waiting for his appeal to come up in court as he is currently banned from entering the UK. He was sentenced to two months in prison last year for elbowing a police officer.

I am certainly not one who "goes with the flow" as you scurrilously claim. I make my own mind up about players. I was excited when Pauline came but he invariably disappointed me with his performances and utlimately I was pleased to see him being sold as he was totally unsuited to English football. A waste of time in a Spurs shirt.
What is "unsuited to English football"?

Paulinho is a prime example. Unable to deal with the pace, physicality and mental strength the top EPL players require.
So in order to be a success a player needs to be fast, strong and have some unquantified mental strength that isn't required in any other league around the world?

Sounds a little far fetched to me.

Paulinho is a prime example. Unable to deal with the pace, physicality and mental strength the top EPL players require.

Yet he has gone to play for Barca, who play slow, soft, unambitious football haha sorry.

He didn't play well as the team were brick, he was thrown into the deep end into a new league, new team and a new manager with the expectations to be a cog that replaces bale!

I think if paulinho came to spurs now it would be a better reflection of the player he actually is.

Could have done better, all things considered.

So in order to be a success a player needs to be fast, strong and have some unquantified mental strength that isn't required in any other league around the world?

In your unreal world, maybe. In reality, if you can't understand the difference between the pace of the game and an individual player's speed, then I am afraid I can't help you.

Yet he has gone to play for Barca, who play slow, soft, unambitious football haha sorry.

He didn't play well as the team were brick, he was thrown into the deep end into a new league, new team and a new manager with the expectations to be a cog that replaces bale!

I think if paulinho came to spurs now it would be a better reflection of the player he actually is.

Let's see if he is a success at Barca first shall we before making these claims. In any event, it doesn't change the basic point, that the attributes required to be a success in Spain are different from those required to be a success in England. Some players have the skill set to be a success in both , some don't.

"unambitious".......umm

It is true that the how the games are played differ between different leauges as well as on the national scene. Reminds me of Ronald Koeman that was very successfull (at least in terms of scoring) at Barca but less successful at the national team. One of the reason for that was that the fact that the teams defended very low in La Liga, so Ronald as a CB should take the ball upfields giving himself scooting possiblities, which he was very good at.

Chelsea are reportedly growing concerned they may be unable to sell Diego Costa for their desired transfer fee this summer due to his partyish lifestyle and possible weight gain over the summer.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/12/chels...estyle-could-hinder-transfer-chances-6848117/
Couldn't happen to a nicer club!

I would love us to go in and try to do a deal where we promise to sell him to Athletic/Atletico/Athletico* Madrid next Summer (* covering all bases to ensure that AdamB is kept happy). Not because I think Chelsea would let him move to us, but simply so that he kicks up even more of a fuss and perhaps creates a dressing room split)

I hope not. We dont need a RB. We have Trippier and an up and coming Walker-Peters. Why waster money on a 3rd Right back?
This guy is one of the best right backs in the World. A better player than Walker. If we can sign him then we will have upgraded our first team (although I cannot see it being true as I'm sure his wage demands would make him unrealistic for us).

What is "unsuited to English football"?
A player who has no bravery. I remember an interview with Robert Pires late on in his career where he stated that during his first year at Arsenal he was very close to returning home. He said he felt that every single tackle on him should've resulted in a foul in his favour and he couldn't handle the pace or aggression. He said he was jumping out of the way and letting his opponent have the ball for fear of getting hurt. I think he said it was Lee Dixon who took him aside and helped him develop the right mental attitude to realise that he was just as big and strong as his opponent but blessed with far greater ability. He realised that he had to put his body on the line for his team and if he got taken out by the player then he qould win a free kick and that would be advantageous for his team.

Last edited:
Aurier had his visa to the UK revoked last year because of criminal activity - don't think we'd be in for a player with that kind of recent history

No. A player doesn't have to be fast. As I said in my last post English football is more bravery than mental strength (although I think the two are perhaps linked?).

I think the difference in the UK compared to the continent is the reaction of the crowd. Pull out of a 40-60 here and you will be derided, do so on the continent and the crowd will consider it clever.

Back