• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

How in the name of greece's sweatiest underpants has auntie Pauline got a move to Barca...

The world has gone mad...the mind boggles...what is their scouting department smoking???

Because he'll be playing in a weak, slow league? I think he'll do really well there.

Standard Sport‏Verified account@standardsport 13s13 seconds ago
1f535.png
26aa.png
Chelsea closing in on £35m Oxlade-Chamberlain as reluctant Wenger considers sale |
270d.png
@JamesOlley
About as interesting as Stevenage transfer news. Will neither strengthen or weaken any of them. Ox is a nothing player.

Because all you lot focused on was the times he didn't lunge into tackles, and did not want to see that he was actually a good player. Then the clam Adam destroyed him in a tackle, and he got a little cautious, and was slaughtered by you lot. He's miles better than that Rakitic, who walks around doing nothing.

Because all you lot focused on was the times he didn't lunge into tackles, and did not want to see that he was actually a good player. Then the clam Adam destroyed him in a tackle, and he got a little cautious, and was slaughtered by you lot. He's miles better than that Rakitic, who walks around doing nothing.

All of that, combined with the fact that he was actually quit brick for us.

He wasn't. He was MOTM in quite a few games early on. Then Adam did him, and he lost a challenge vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine that led to a goal. After that everything was blamed on him.
he was invisible for a lot of games - I dont join many bandwagons but I agree he was poor for us.

Can't forget that attempted shot he had for us up at turf moor...

By all accounts I think the majority of socks in Catalan country are safe...I doubt many male Barca fans will be jizzing into them over this signing!

I thought Paulinho was a bit of a coward on the pitch. When he put himself in front of the club (i.e. I won't be getting injured before the WC) that did it for me.

He only had a handful of good matches in his time with us and I was not sorry to see the back of him.

I remember the young kid near me say to his dad, 'Dad, why is it when Spurs buy a Brazilian footballer we end up with rubbish...'

I remember the young kid near me say to his dad, 'Dad, why is it when Spurs buy a Brazilian footballer we end up with rubbish...'

You should have said that they all look crap compared to our current target Damiao. Tell him to keep the faith.

I don't know what you are smoking - but I want some of it!

Next you'll be telling us Sissoko is fantastic if only he could trap the ball and Atouba was the world's greatest full-back, if only he could tackle.

I don't know what you are smoking - but I want some of it!

Next you'll be telling us Sissoko is fantastic if only he could trap the ball and Atouba was the world's greatest full-back, if only he could tackle.
I'm not saying Paulinho was great for us. He had some good games, and he had some poor games. JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER PLAYER HAS. But he was not as bad as most of you claim. You're just going with the flow of the perceived impression of him that stuck when everyone blamed him for everything. The media made sure from day one that he would struggle. They put a label on him that would almost be impossible to fulfill, and fans expectations mirrored that label of him being the new Lampard. With those expectations he would fail almost no matter what he did, because very very very few players will ever match Lampard.

You could see he had talent but didn't really apply himself, I think if we'd had Poch at the time he could have moulded him into a very good player. I did love his goal away at Cardiff in the 92nd minute, such a slick backheel.

Back