• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Caulker seems to be talked up on here like he's in the next Ledley. Having watched him many times on tele this season at Swansea, I reckon he's very average.

Caulker seems to be talked up on here like he's in the next Ledley. Having watched him many times on tele this season at Swansea, I reckon he's very average.

From what i've seen of him i think he's overhyped too tbh. Would still have him in the squad though.

King had a lot of issues with his game at Caulker's age as well,
wasn't untill Naybet joined and King approach mid 20s that he truely stepped up to world class.
Lots of people on here was positive to sell King so we could finance a more experienced option like Southgate.

From what i've seen of him i think he's overhyped too tbh. Would still have him in the squad though.

I think we expect him to be the finished article and from what i have seen of him he is not. Hopefully we will sign Vertonghen and play alongside Kaboul as our first choice CB's and Caulker can be used as back up and not thrown in at the deep end.

Now would be a great time to point out that it was I who posted the first 'Vertonghen to Spurs' articles on the old board. Therefore, I claim all responsibility for the transfer.

Because his pace, tenacity and all round ability he has impressed me more in comparison to what I have seen of Bojan. I also feel Hoillet would be more effective when played on either flank in a 442/443

He would also be 'free'

I wonder what price tag Bojan would fetch.

Now would be a great time to point out that it was I who posted the first 'Vertonghen to Spurs' articles on the old board. Therefore, I claim all responsibility for the transfer.

Will you be man enough to accept the abuse if he does not sign for us?

By the way I notice the Goons are equally confident he will sign for them

King had a lot of issues with his game at Caulker's age as well,
wasn't untill Naybet joined and King approach mid 20s that he truely stepped up to world class.
Lots of people on here was positive to sell King so we could finance a more experienced option like Southgate.

I used to think that Ledley wasn't an orthodox CB - not the way he read the game anyway. He certainly is an exceptional one now though.

Vertonghan would be a good start to the summer.

It is very important to get players for little money, maybe like Hoilett. I dont care how much we spend but players who come in for a lot of money often struggled with the pressure of the price. (bentley, torres, caroll to name a few..).

Jan Vertonghen has revealed he is desperate to join Tottenham but fears Ajax could price him out of a move to north London.

The Belgium defender is one of Spurs’ top transfer targets for next season and they have already opened talks with his club.

Vertonghen, who Ajax value between ?ú10million and ?ú12m, has made Tottenham his first choice and has pleaded with his club not to place obstacles in his path, especially as his deal expires next summer. Spurs’ offer is likely to be about ?ú7m.

“Tottenham are absolutely my favourite,” the defender told Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf. “But the Ajax board are asking for a very big amount for a player whose contract is running out in a year. I trust that Tottenham and Ajax will soon reach an agreement.”

The 25-year-old joined Ajax as a youth player in 2003 and made his first‑team debut three years later.

“I owe much to Ajax but I’ve always given my whole heart and soul to the club,” he said. “My appreciation for the club and the fans is great. It would be terrible if my farewell is marred or distorted because Ajax [are stubborn] with the asking price.”

“Of course I want Ajax to gain financially, but the amount that Tottenham want to pay, I think — perhaps with a little extra — is very reasonable. Next year I can leave for free.”

Jan Vertonghen has revealed he is desperate to join Tottenham but fears Ajax could price him out of a move to north London.

The Belgium defender is one of Spurs’ top transfer targets for next season and they have already opened talks with his club.

Vertonghen, who Ajax value between ?ú10million and ?ú12m, has made Tottenham his first choice and has pleaded with his club not to place obstacles in his path, especially as his deal expires next summer. Spurs’ offer is likely to be about ?ú7m.

“Tottenham are absolutely my favourite,” the defender told Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf. “But the Ajax board are asking for a very big amount for a player whose contract is running out in a year. I trust that Tottenham and Ajax will soon reach an agreement.”

The 25-year-old joined Ajax as a youth player in 2003 and made his first‑team debut three years later.

“I owe much to Ajax but I’ve always given my whole heart and soul to the club,” he said. “My appreciation for the club and the fans is great. It would be terrible if my farewell is marred or distorted because Ajax [are stubborn] with the asking price.”

“Of course I want Ajax to gain financially, but the amount that Tottenham want to pay, I think — perhaps with a little extra — is very reasonable. Next year I can leave for free.”

Bit late ;)

Our defence is going to be water tight next year.

Benoit Assou-Ekotto
Danny Rose
Younes Kaboul
Michael Dawson
Jan Vertonghen
Steven Caulker
Bruno Uvini
Kyle Walker
Kyle Naughton

I don't think we're going to be seeing:

King ,Nelsen, corluka, Bentley, Jenas, Pienaar, Kranjcar ,Gio and Defoe next season. Rose will probably be loaned out as Naughton will probably be back.

25 man squad

Friedel
Cudicini
Walker
Naughton
Ekotto
Kaboul
Caulker
Vertonghen
Dawson
Gallas
Lennon
Moses
Sandro
Parker
Modric
Huddlestone
Bale
Townsend
VDV
Adebayor
New striker
Saha

so that's 22 of a 25 man squad. A young LB to cover Ekotto would be good too and a third choice gk will probably make it 24.

Townsend and Caulker don't count as they are u21 players.

This may seem knee jerky but I want a LB back up for BAE.

In addition - two strikers

A CB

A keeper

I wonder would Ajax be in the market for a keeper seeing as their number 1 didn't even make the Dutch squad today. Would Gomes be be prepared to go there?

Back